Alpha 9 II full-frame camera with pro capability
- 35 mm full-frame stacked CMOS sensor with integral memory for high speed
- Reliable AF and high-speed continuous shooting at 20fps with AF/AE tracking
- Refined operability and connectivity features for professionals
Request a price match
An identical model
The product must be a matching brand, model number and colour to be eligible.
Available to purchase
We may match selected local retailers (including their online prices) once verified and item must in stock or pre-order online or in store.
Not shown on our exclusions list
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, competitor’s service prices, special or hourly sales, bonus buy offers.
See our full list of exclusions
A local retailer
The retailer must have a local business number (ABN/ACN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Find a Qualifying Product
While online, find a qualifying product from a local retailer's website that would like to request a price match from. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Fill out the form to request a Price Match
On selected pages, fill out the form and submit your request. Note, some models are excluded.
Please be prepared to direct our support staff to the ad or website that is displaying the current lower price you would like to match.
Should your price match request be successful, we will contact you and update your shopping cart. Make sure to create/sign into your account and add the product to cart to make this quicker.
Find a Qualifying Product
Find a qualifying product that you want Sony to price match from a local retailer. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Price Match In Store
Take your catalogue, flyer, or printed email into one of our Sony Stores to request a price match.
Imaging Edge Webcam lets you connect your Sony camera to your personal computer, and use the camera as a webcam with a livestreaming/web conferencing service.
Built for speed, reliability and productivity
The α9 II offers advances that answer the demands of professional workflows, including sophisticated operability and network connectivity for enhanced support in the field, rugged go-anywhere reliability and unrivalled speed.
α9 II Photo Gallery
Full-frame stacked CMOS sensor with integral memory
a9 II is the mirrorless camera that delivers next-generation high-speed performance far exceeding SLRs. It's equipped with the outstanding 35 mm stacked CMOS image sensor with integral memory for impressively fast overall readout speed. This 24.2 MP image sensor achieves high sensitivity of up to ISO 204800 (extended) with the design of back-illuminated structure.
High-speed BIONZ X image processing engine
The camera's image-processing algorithms represent the latest generation of advancements, allowing higher levels of natural tonal gradations and more stable AWB for continuous shooting.
Uncompromised image quality
The combination of a 24.2 effective megapixel integral-memory full-frame stacked CMOS image sensor and the latest-generation BIONZ X make possible high-sensitivity performance up to ISO 51200, high dynamic range, and support for 14-bit RAW output and 16-bit image processing. Together, they help capture maximum detail and image quality while reproducing rich tonal gradations and natural colour, such as human skin.
Incredibly fast continuous shooting
Thanks to the a9 II's incredible speed, continuous shooting is possible at up to 20fps with the electronic shutter and 10fps with the mechanical shutter, to capture fast-moving subjects with either shutter mode, and even at its highest speed, the flash can be synchronised with the mechanical shutter.
AF/AE calculations up to 60 times/sec.
AF/AE is calculated up to 60 times per second and is virtually uninterrupted, both while composing the image and even upon releasing the shutter. Continuous AF/AE-operated on the image sensor-locks onto and tracks erratically moving subjects with high speed, precision, and reliability. Additionally, AWB Lock capability, makes it possible to lock/unlock auto white balance operation at any time, which is useful in mixed lighting situations where natural and man-made light sources coexist. (1) AF/AE calculations (2) 60 times/sec (3) 20 frames/sec
Blackout-free Shooting with Quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder<sup>TM</sup>
In continuous shooting, the electronic shutter system banishes blackout interruption typical of optical viewfinders, and the high-speed image sensor eliminates distracting EVF display lag. A high 120fps refresh rate minimises display blurring of moving subjects, and, the Quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder with approx. 3.68 million-dot high resolution, employs ZEISS T* Coating to reduce reflections, and a dirt-repelling fluorine coating on the outer lens to enhance usability on location. (A) Blackout-free Shooting (B) Shooting with blackouts
High-speed 1/32000 sec. Anti-distortion shutter
A result of Sony's image sensor innovation, this shutter achieves speeds up to 1/32000 sec., beyond the limits of mechanical systems. Additionally, the high curtain speed of the electronic shutter suppresses rolling shutter effect to excellently capture moving subjects during sports and other fast-moving activities.
Explore the advantages of high-speed silent shooting with a shutter that is fully digital-without a physical mechanism. The electronic shutter allows silent shooting without mechanical mirror and shutter noise. It's ideal for sports and subjects that demand quiet operation, greatly expanding camera versatility.
Flicker from fluorescent and other artificial lighting is automatically detected and shutter action is timed to minimise the effect of flicker on still images. This suppresses exposure and colour anomalies at the top and bottom of images shot at high shutter speeds, as well as exposure and colour inconsistency between continuous shots, so you can take images indoors with more confidence. (1) Anti-flicker ON (2) Anti-flicker OFF
4D FOCUS: from AF wide coverage, speed, and tracking stability
4D FOCUS means highly accurate subject detection, reliable rapid autofocusing, and continuous tracking of subjects in motion, based on uninterrupted AF and an optimised AF algorithm as well as the approximately 93% AF coverage from 693 focal-plane phase-detection AF points that track random subject motion even during shutter release.
Extending operability with Remote Camera Tool
The camera is compatible with updated Remote Camera Tool application, which, after pairing to assure a secure connection, handles remote single or multi-camera shooting using wired LAN connection in venues like sports stadiums. Remote switching of the camera's FTP server settings is also possible, as well as remote control of the saving and loading of settings to/from an SD memory card.
Support for faster data transfer; 5GHz Wi-Fi and USB 3.2 Gen 1
Connectivity has been improved, with new support for the IEEE 802.11ac 5GHz band Wi-Fi when the camera is connected in wireless mode, along with the camera's USB Type-C<sup>TM</sup> terminal that supports USB 3.2 Gen 1.
The Real-time Tracking technology uses AI to detect moving subjects from the wealth of information captured by the image sensor. Spatial data consisting of colour, pattern (brightness) and distance information are processed in parallel at high speed, and human and animal face and eye location data are detected continuously in real time using AI, realising high-accuracy with automatic detection and tracking performance for moving subjects.
High-resolution 4K movie recording
The camera is capable of 4K movie recording with full-pixel readout without pixel binning. You can enjoy detail-rich, full-frame movies via the oversampling effect achieved by condensing approximately 2.4 times the amount of data required for 4K (6K equivalent) for 4K output (QFHD: 3840 x 2160). Additionally, the XAVC-S format is supported at bit rates as high as 100 Mbps.
Real-time Eye AF for humans and animals
Real-time Eye AF relies on advanced AI to continuously analyse and detect eyes from the image sensor's copious data, with left or right eye preference possible with a simple toggle. By half-pressing the shutter button, even animal eyes are detected. Team it up with Real-time Tracking for superior tracking performance of live subjects.
AF improvements for movie shooting
When shooting 4K movies, the camera provides control of high speed, precision, and tracking performance, via adjustable tracking sensitivity, for smooth, stable AF movie shooting. More pronounced slow focus effects are now possible, and Real-time Eye AF is now also applicable when shooting movies, detecting and tracking eyes with high focus accuracy, which is critical when shooting 4K.
Precision AF effective down to EV-3 brightness
Low-light AF detection extends to EV-3 at ISO 100. The 'Focus Priority in Aperture Drive' option enables more accurate focusing in dim lighting and when the aperture is stopped down with the result that the precision AF system will function properly even when shooting dimly lit scenes. This opens up new possibilities in low-light and night shooting.
Professional-level operating stamina
The a9 II employs the large-capacity NP-FZ100 battery and a highly energy-efficient circuit design to double operation longevity to professional session lengths. The robust VG-C4EM vertical-position grip is available for greater operability and even longer hours of shooting. In addition to other optional accessories, USB Type-C and Multi/Micro USB ports allow external mobile batteries to power the camera for further extended recording.
AF/AE-tracking continuous shooting with A-mount lenses
The body's 693-point focal-plane phase-detection AF provides wide-area coverage, fast response, and high tracking performance, not only for E-mount but also for A-mount lenses with use of a mount adaptor (LA-EA3). Continuous shooting of up to 10fps with AF tracking is possible.
Redesigned controls for confident and comfortable operation
A refined multi-selector, with a new surface texture for enhanced button response, lets you shift point of focus quickly and intuitively. With a thought for pro users, an improved grip shape reduces fatigue, and there is a new Exposure Compensation Dial Lock Button to increase operational security. In addition, the location and the AF-ON and other key buttons have been analysed for better feel and response. These improvements enhance your concentration on shutter release to "capture the moment" instantly.
User selectable focus area circulation and customisation
A new setting allows the focus area to be rotated through the upper, lower, left, and right edges of the frame to select an appropriate focus area for sports or other situations where the subject frequently moves through the frame. AF area and ISO display limiting makes it possible to display only the most frequently used focus area and ISO settings for quicker, easier selection for faster, more efficient shooting.
Faster FTP transfer
You can directly transfer images to an FTP server with significantly higher speed via the camera's LAN terminal that supports the Ethernet 1000BASE-T standard. It is also possible to upload images to an FTP server through an available wireless access point, and the camera supports either transfer mode in the background while shooting. Up to nine servers may be pre-registered for fast menu selection.
Body-integrated 5-axis optical image stabilisation
The body-integrated image stabilisation system is fine-tuned to compensate accurately for 5-axis camera shake that can compromise handheld shooting. This gives you extremely high performance in both stills and movies, whether shooting at longer focal lengths, in close-ups, or at night. It is equivalent to using a 5.5-step faster shutter speed, allowing stable determination of composition when capturing subjects in high-speed motion. Real-time effects can be monitored via live view. (1) Yaw (2) Pitch (3) Roll
Versatile movie recording functions
The a9 II provides a wide array of functions to facilitate movie shooting workflows, including interval recording, clean HDMI output, time code/user bits (TC/UB), REC Control, marker display/setting, zebra function, Slow and Quick Motion, simultaneous proxy movie recording, and extraction and separate storage of a still from a movie, among others. A combination with the ECM-B1M Shotgun Microphone or XLR-K3M XLR Adaptor Kit, via the new digital audio interface, enables clear sound recording with minimised quality deterioration by sending a digital audio signal to the camera.
Shutter durability and image shake suppression
The shutter has been tested for durability in excess of 500,000 shutter-release cycles and incorporates an internal damper structure to absorb the impact of shutter motion for minimum shutter vibration and noise, helping to realise more sharply resolved imaging, as well.
Reliable durability and weather resistance in tough situations
The a9 II brings you further enhanced body durability, with full use of lightweight, high-rigidity magnesium alloy for covers and internal frame, keeping the camera highly rigid and light. In response to pro opinions, enhanced sealing is applied to the battery cover, terminal cover and all joints in the chassis. A double-sealed sliding mechanism replaces the hinge to the media compartment lid for better moisture resistance. Routes to dust and moisture entry have been re-examined, and a cushion around the lens mount has been added to ensure reliable operation in challenging environments.
Improvement of camera settings saving function
Now, a dramatically increased number of camera settings can be stored in the memory card, and saved settings can be read by other cameras of the same model. Moreover, up to 10 sets of camera settings can be stored in a memory card, thanks to the Save/Load Setting function. Camera setups can also be imported to the Imaging Edge Mobile application while imported setups can be exported to other cameras of the same model.
Customisability for maximised efficiency
Thanks to My Dial, three sets of menu options can be assigned through the front/rear dials and the control wheel. By assigning frequently used functions to these dials, they become instantly available for fingertip control while a custom button is held. Function sets can be assigned individually for stills and movies.
Dual media slots, both supporting UHS-II
The a9 II provides two media slots for SD cards, both SLOT 1 and SLOT 2 are now compatible with UHS-I and UHS-II for fast mass-volume data writing. Two cards in the slots can be used to simultaneously record or relay record data, separate RAW data from JPEG data, or stills from movies, and copy data from one card to the other. A slide lock structure prevents the memory card cover from being opened unintentionally.
Add voice memo to your images
The a9 II brings higher efficiency to work delivery tasks with a new Voice Memo function that allows you to record up to 60-sec audio files (.wav) describing shooting conditions or image content with automatic transcription into text, which is then attached to images.
Rating function and Image Jump Setting
Ratings from 1 to 5 stars can be applied to still images and maintained as the images are imported into the Imaging Edge<sup>TM</sup> desktop application (Viewer) running on a PC. This function and a protect function to prevent accidental image deletion can each be assigned to a custom button (C3 by default for protect). Ratings and protection can be applied via review playback display and continuous groups can be reviewed, protected, and deleted while you're on location or travelling. With the Image Jump Setting, you can now also review large photo collections in 10 or 100 frame jumps, and group-review continuous burst shots for swift, efficient image evaluation.
Capture One (for Sony)
Capture One Express (for Sony) is free award-winning editing software that provides RAW development, easy management and powerful editing tools. Capture One Pro (for Sony) can be bought for even more editing tools and tethered shooting capability.
Imaging Edge Remote, Viewer, and Edit desktop apps
Elevate your photography with Imaging Edge desktop applications. Use 'Remote' to control and monitor shooting live on your PC screen; 'Viewer' to quickly preview, rate, and select photos from large image libraries; and 'Edit' to develop RAW data into high-quality photos for delivery.
Built for professionals
Easy operation in vertical orientationThe new VG-C4EM provides controls with optimised location, size, shape and material similar to those on the camera body to simulate the operational "feel" when the camera is held vertically.
Extend shooting to professional lengthThe α9 II uses a high-capacity NP-FZ100 battery. Alternatively, two of these can be used in the optional VG-C4EM Vertical Grip for longer shooting durations and worry-free shooting in the field.
Dual media slots, both supporting UHS-IIBoth media slots are compatible with UHS-I and UHS-II for fast data writing. The α9 II can simultaneously or relay record, separate RAW/JPEG data and stills/movies, and copy data between cards.
- Self-Portrait -
- PlayMemories Camera Apps™ -
- Lens Compensation Peripheral Shading, Chromatic Aberration, Distortion
- Face Detection Modes:Face Priority in AF(On/Off), Face Priority in Multi Metering(On/Off), Regist. Faces Priority(On/Off), Face registration, Max. number of detectable: 8 faces
- Digital zoom (Still Image) Smart zoom (Still images):35mm full frame: M:approx 1.5x, S:approx 2x, APS-C: M:approx 1.3x, S:approx 2x, Digital zoom (Still images):35mm full frame: L:approx 4x, M:approx 6.1x, S:approx 8x, APS-C: L:approx 4x, M:approx 5.2x, S:approx 8x,
- Digital zoom (Movie) 35mm full frame: approx 4x, APS-C: approx 4x
- Clear Image Zoom Still images:Approx. 2x, Movies:Approx. 1.5x (4K), Approx. 2x (HD)
- Lens Compatibility Sony E-mount lenses
- Lens Mount E-mount
- Mount E-mount
- Image Sensor Aspect Ratio 3:2
- Sensor Type Full Frame
- ISO Sensitivity [Still images] Mechanical Shutter: ISO 100-51200 (ISO numbers up from ISO 50 to ISO 204800 can be set as expanded ISO range.), AUTO (ISO 100-12800, selectable lower limit and upper limit), Electronic Shutter: ISO 100-25600 (ISO numbers up from ISO 50 can be set as expanded ISO range.), AUTO (ISO 100-12800, selectable lower limit and upper limit), [Movies] ISO 100-51200 equivalent (ISO numbers up to ISO 102400 can be set as expanded ISO range.),AUTO (ISO 100-12800, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
Number Of Pixels (Effective)
- Number Of Pixels (Effective) 24MP
- Number of Pixels (total) 28.3 MP
- Silent Shooting Yes (Electronic Shutter)
- Shutter Type Auto/Mechanical shutter/Electronic shutter
- Shutter Speed [Still images, Single shot]2 Mechanical Shutter: 1/8000 to 30 sec, Bulb, AUTO: 1/32000 to 30 sec, Bulb, Electronic Shutter: 1/32000 to 30 sec, [Still images, Continous shooting]2 Mechanical Shutter: 1/8000 to 30 sec, AUTO: 1/32000 to 1/8 sec, Electronic Shutter: 1/32000 to 1/8 sec, [Movies]: 1/8000 to 1/4 (1/3 steps) up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto slow shutter mode)
- Flash Sync. Speed 1/250 sec.
- Electronic Front Shutter Curtain Yes (ON/OFF)
- Touch Screen Yes
- Total Number of Dots 1,440,000 dots
- Real-time Image Adjustment Display (LCD) On/Off
- Quick Navi Yes
- Peaking MF Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: Red/Yellow/Blue/White)
- Brightness Control (LCD) Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Adjustable Angle Up by approx. 107 degrees, Down by approx. 41 degrees
- Screen Type 7.5cm (3.0-type) type TFT
- Speaker Built-in, monaural
- Microphone Built-in, stereo
- Custom Function Type Custom key settings, Programmable Setting (Body 3 sets /memory card 4 sets), My Menu, My Dial Settings, Reg Cust Shoot Set
- Drive Modes Single Shooting, Continuous shooting (Hi/Mid/Lo selectable), Self-timer, Self-timer (Cont.), Bracket: Single, Bracket: Cont., White Balance bracket, DRO bracket
- Continues Shooting AUTO/Electronic Shutter: Continuous shooting: Hi: max. 20 fps, Mid: max. 10fps, Lo: max. 5 fps , Mechanical Shutter: Continuous shooting: Hi: max. 10 fps, Mid: max. 8fps, Lo: max. 3 fps
- Metering Type 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Sensor Exmor RS CMOS sensor
- Metering Sensitivity EV-3 to EV20 (at ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Metering Mode Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot, Spot Standard/Large, Entire Screen Avg., Highlight
- Exposure Modes AUTO (iAuto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Movie (Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M)), Slow & Quick Motion (Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M))
- Exposure Compensation +/- 5.0EV (1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps selectable) (with exposure compensation dial: +/- 3EV (1/3 EV steps))
- Flash Modes Flash off, Autoflash, Fill-flash, Slow Sync., Rear Sync., Red-eye reduction (on/off selectable), Wireless, Hi-speed sync.
- Wireless Control Yes (Light signal: Available with Fill-flash, Slow Sync., Hi-speed sync. /Radio signal: Available with Fill-flash, Rear Sync., Slow Sync., Hi-speed sync.)
- Flash Compensation +/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- FE Level Lock Yes
- External Flash Compatibility Sony α System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe, attach the shoe adaptor for flash compatible with Auto-lock accessory shoe
- Other Features Eye-start AF (only with LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 attached (Sold separately)), Tracking, [Still images] Human (Right/Left Eye Select) / Animal, [Movie] Human (Right/Left Eye Select), AF micro adjustment with LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 (Sold separately) , Predictive control, Focus lock, Swt.V/H AF Area, AF Area Regist., Circ. of Focus Point
- Focus Type Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Sensor Exmor RS CMOS sensor
- Focus Sensitivity Range EV-3 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Focus Point 35mm full frame: 693 points (phase-detection AF), APS-C mode with FF lens: 299 points (phase-detection AF), with APS-C lens: 221 points (phase-detection AF) / 425 points (contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Mode AF-S (Single-shot AF), AF-C (Continuous AF), DMF (Direct Manual Focus), Manual Focus
- Focus Area Wide (693 points (phase-detection AF), 425 points(contrast-detection AF)) / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) /Expanded Flexible Spot/ Tracking ( Wide / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L)/Expanded Flexible Spot)
- AF Illuminator range Approx. 0.3m - approx. 3.0m (with FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS attached)
- AF Illuminator -
- PC Interface Mass-storage, MTP, PC remote
- NFC™ Yes (NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible), One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- Multi Interface Shoe Yes (with Digital Audio Interface)
- Noise Reduction Long exposure NR: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec., High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off
- Multi Frame NR -
- White Balance Modes Auto / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight) / Flash /Underwater/ Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & color filter (G7 to M7 (57-step), A7 to B7 (29-step)) / Custom
- Bracketing 3 frames, H/L selectable
- AWB Micro Adjustment Yes (G7 to M7, 57-step)(A7 to B7, 29-step)
- Playback Modes Single (with or without shooting information Y RGB histogram & highlight/shadow warning), 9/25-frame index view, Enlarged display mode (L: 15.0x, M: 9.84x, S: 7.52x), Auto Review (10/5/2 sec,Off), Image orientation (Auto/Manual/Off selectable), Slideshow, Folder selection (Date/ Still/ MP4/ AVCHD/XAVC S HD/XAVC S 4K), Forward/Rewind (movie), Delete, Protect, Rating, Display as Group, Voice Memo
Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images)
- Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images) Approx. 500 shots (Viewfinder) / approx. 690 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Power consumption with Viewfinder Still images: approx. 3.9W (with FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached), Movies: approx5.0W (with FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- Supplied Battery One rechargeable battery pack NP-FZ100
- Internal Battery Charge Yes (Available with Multi/Micro USB Terminal or USB Type-C Terminal)
- External Power -
- Compatible Standards Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF setting
- Video Compression XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, AVCHD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Recording Format (Movie) XAVC S, AVCHD format Ver. 2.0 compliant
- Movie Functions Audio Level Display, Audio Rec Level, Proxy Recording (1280 x 720(Approx.9Mbps)), TC/UB (TC Preset/UB Preset/TC Format/TC Run/TC Make/UB Time Rec), Auto Slow Shutter, REC Control, Clean HDMI Info. (ON/OFF selectable)
- Image Size (pixels), PAL* XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160 (25p, 100M), 3840 x 2160 (25p, 60M), AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (50i, 24M, FX), 1920 x 1080 (50i, 17M, FH)
- Image Size (pixels), NTSC* XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160 (30p, 100M), 3840 x 2160 (24p, 100M), 3840 x 2160 (30p, 60M), 3840 x 2160 (24p, 60M), XAVC S HD: 1920 x 1080 (120p, 100M), 1920 x 1080 (120p, 60M), 1920 x 1080 (60p, 50M), 1920 x 1080 (30p, 50M), 1920 x 1080 (24p, 50M), 1920 x 1080 (60p, 25M), 1920 x 1080 (30p, 16M), AVCHD:1920 x 1080 (60i, 24M, FX), 1920 x 1080 (60i, 17M, FH)
- Audio Recording Format XAVC S: LPCM 2ch, AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator
Recording (still images)
- Recording Format JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.31, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Picture Effect 8 types: Posterization (Color), Posterization (B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R/G/B/Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera (Normal/Cool/Warm/Green/Magenta), Soft High-key, Rich-tone Monochrome
- Image Size (pixels), Sweep Panorama -
- Image Size (pixels), 3:2 35mm full frame L: 6000 x 4000 (24M), M: 3936 x 2624 (10M), S: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M), APS-C L: 3936 x 2624 (10M), M: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M), S: 1968 x 1312 (2.6M)
- Image Size (pixels), 16:9 35mm full frame L: 6000 x 3376 (20M), M: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M), S: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M), APS-C L: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M), M: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M), S: 1968 x 1112 (2.2M)
- Image Quality Modes RAW, RAW & JPEG (Extra fine, Fine, Standard), JPEG (Extra fine, Fine, Standard)
- Dynamic Range Functions Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level (1-5)), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1-6 EV, 1.0 EV step))
- Creative Style Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box(1-6), (Contrast (-3 to +3 steps), Saturation (-3 to +3 steps), Sharpness (-5 to +5 steps))
Clean HDMI output
- Clean HDMI output 3840 x 2160 (25p), 1920 x 1080 (50p), 1920 x 1080 (50i), 1920 x 1080 (24p), 1920 x 1080(60p), 1920 x 1080 (60i), 3840 x 2160 (30p), 3840 x 2160 (24p), YCbCr 4:2:2 8bit / RGB 8bit
- Storage Media Slot SLOT1: Slot for SD (UHS-I/II compliant) memory card, SLOT2: Slot for SD (UHS-I/II compliant) memory card
- Recording Mode on 2 Memory Cards Simult. Rec (Still), Simult. Rec (Movie), Simult. Rec (Still/Movie), Sort (JPEG/RAW), Sort (Still/Movie), Auto Switch Media (On/Off), Copy
- Compatible Recording Media SD memory card, SDHC memory card (UHS-I/II compliant), SDXC memory card (UHS-I/II compliant), microSD memory card, microSDHC memory card, microSDXC memory card
- Number of Dots 3 686 400 dots
- Magnification approx. 0.78 x (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1)
- Field Coverage 100%
- Eye Point Approx. 23mm from the eyepiece lens, 18.5mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m-1 (CIPA standard)
- Dioptre Adjustment -4.0 to +3.0m-1
- Color Temperature Control Manual (5 steps)
- Brightness Control (Viewfinder) Auto/Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2)
- Viewfinder Type 1.3 cm (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder (color), Quad-VGA OLED
- Operating Temperature 32 - 104 degrees F / 0 - 40 degrees C
- Web Camera Compatible Yes
Size and Weight
- Carton Width (cm) 15.50
- Carton Height (cm) 27.00
- Carton Weight (kg) 3.65
- Released 2019
2. “Hi” continuous shooting mode. At shutter speeds of 1/125 sec. or higher. In AF-C mode the maximum continuous frame rate will depend on the shooting mode and lens used.
3. When electronic shutter is used. Display updating will be slower at slow shutter speeds.
4. At shutter speeds of 1/125 sec. or higher. The number of AF calculations will depend on camera settings and the lens used.
5. Selectable only in S and M modes.
6. Slight distortion may occur in some shooting conditions. See the Sony support website for details. http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/support/ilc/shutter/electronicshutter/index.php
7. Flicker at a frequency other than 100Hz or 120Hz cannot be detected. In continuous shooting mode, the shooting speed may decrease or the duration of each shot may become inconsistent, and the area covered by phase-detection AF may narrow. This function does not work when using bulb shooting and movie shooting modes. Anti-flicker Shooting is not available when the [Shutter Type] setting in the [Shutter/SteadyShot] menu is set to [Electronic Shut.].
8. "Hi" continuous shooting mode.
9. Maximum continuous shooting speed will depend on the flash and shooting settings used.
10. Approximate effective pixels.
11. "Tracking” in the menu. “Tracking” must be enabled via the menus beforehand.
12. For using this function, it is necessary to choose “Animal” mode from “Subject Detection” menu from “Face/Eye AF Set.”
13. Depending on shooting scene and subject condition, performance may not be fully effective.
14. Performance may depend on the lens and settings used.
15. ISO ranges are as follows: - Mechanical shutter shooting for stills: ISO 100-51200 (expandable to ISO 50-204800) - Electronic shutter shooting for stills: ISO 100-25600 (expandable to ISO 50-25600) - Shooting movies: ISO 100-51200 (expandable to ISO 100-102400)
16. Approximate count.
17. When the auto or electronic shutter mode is selected the viewfinder frame rate is fixed at 60 fps during continuous shooting.
18. CIPA standards. Pitch/Yaw shake only. Planar T* FE 50mm F1.4 ZA lens. Long exposure NR off.
19. For humans only.
20. Movie files cannot be transferred. FTP transfer is not available during movie recording.
21. Voice memos cannot be attached to movies.
22. Remote Camera Tool Version 2.0 or later is required.
23. Models sold in some countries/regions support IEEE 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) wireless LAN only. IEEE 802.11ac 5GHz communication may be restricted in some countries and regions.
24. Imaging Edge™ ‘Remote’ software application (Ver. 2.0 or later) is required.
25. Not guaranteed to be 100% dust- and moisture- proof.
26. Does not support full functional compatibility with some camera models. See the Sony support site for details: https://www.sony.net/disoft/help
27. Please contact Phase One regarding all inquiries as to usage and support including functional compatibility of Capture One Express (for Sony) and Capture One Pro (for Sony).
28. Final Cut Pro, iMovie, and Mac® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The Mac logo is a trademark of Apple Inc.
29. When electronic shutter is used. AF tracking performance may depend on the lens and settings used. Display updating will be slower at slow shutter speeds.
30. Silent shooting is available when Shutter Type is set to 'Electronic'.
31. Models sold in some countries/regions support IEEE 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) wireless LAN only. IEEE 802.11ac 5GHz communication may be restricted in some countries and regions.
32. The LCD screen is turned on, shot once every 30 seconds, operate zoom alternately between W and T ends, flash strobe once every two times, turn power off and on once every ten times.
When you purchase a Sony product, you have the peace of mind in knowing that your product is covered by Sony's Standard Warranty provided by Sony Australia Limited (for Australian purchases) and Sony New Zealand Limited (for New Zealand purchases)
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- ILCE-9M2/BQ AP2