Disclosure Notice in accordance with section 47A of the Fair Trading Act 1987 (NSW)
However please go to this page for some key information on accessing this website and shopping with Sony.
(a) defame, abuse, stalk, harass, threaten or otherwise violate or infringe the legal rights of others, including but not limited to intellectual property rights or rights in relation to privacy;
(b) post, link to, frame or otherwise distribute any information, material or item which contains a virus, trojan, worm or other harmful component;
(c) link to any part of the Site from any other website or use any framing techniques to capture any part of the Site (unless you have Sony's prior written permission to do so);
(d) use (or attempt to use) data mining technologies, robots, screen scraping, software, programs, algorithms or any other similar data gathering or extraction tools to copy, collect or harvest any data or content found on the Site;
(e) interfere (or attempt to interfere) with security-related or other features of the Site, including network firewalls; or
(f) attempt to modify, adapt, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site, including automated tools.
3. To the extent permitted by law, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS". With the exception of Consumer Guarantees and any other rights that cannot by law be excluded ("Non-excludable Rights"), to the fullest extent permitted by law:
(b) Except to the extent caused or contributed by the fraud, negligence or wilful misconduct of Sony:
(i) Sony excludes any liability of Sony or any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site for loss or damage incurred as a result of or in connection with the use of the Site including liability for consequential loss or any loss of business, interest, goodwill, revenue or profit, or loss or corruption of data, arising out of your access to, or use of, or inability to use or access, the Site.
(ii) Sony assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable, for:
(A) any damage to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, or use, of the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site; or
(B) any interruptions or errors in access to the Site or the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, security or reliability of any communications (including, without limitation, any transactions) made through or in relation to the Site.
(iii) Any software downloaded from the Site (including the Downloadable Content) is downloaded at your own risk and Sony neither assumes nor accepts liability for any loss or damage, (whether direct or indirect), whatsoever caused, as a result of any computer viruses, trojan horses, worms, software bombs or similar items or processes arising from your use of the Site.
(iv) Sony is not responsible for the content of any site linked to from the Site. Your linking to any other site is entirely at your own risk. While Sony may provide links on the Site to other sites, the inclusion of such links is for your convenience only and should not be interpreted as an endorsement, approval, recommendation, or preference by Sony of the owner/sponsor of the site linked to or its content. Subject to any Non-excludable Rights, Sony disclaims all warranties, express and implied, as to the accuracy, validity, legality or otherwise of any materials or information contained on such sites.
4. For more information on your rights under the Australian Consumer Law including your rights to refund or replacement in the event a product supplied by us to you is faulty (including your rights to compensation for any foreseeable loss or damage that could have been expected to result from the product's failure) please refer to our Online Returns Information, available here or our Frequently Asked Questions information, available here.
6. Actual colour of a product described or depicted on the Site or available for purchase through the Site may differ from the screen image on the Site. Actual dimensions of a product may differ from the image depicted on the Site. Please check the product specifications to confirm dimensions. Colours, specifications features of a product may also differ by model and country. Features and specifications of products (including, without limitation, prices of products displayed on the Site and any delivery or other charges) are subject to change without notice. All weights and dimensions mentioned are approximate. All screens are measured diagonally and all screen images contained on the Site are simulated unless otherwise indicated. Copyright may exist on television programs, films, videotapes, CDs, MiniDisc and other materials. Unauthorised recording of such materials may be contrary to applicable copyright laws.
7. The Site may refer to products that are generally available for purchase in Australia. A reference to products on the Site does not imply or warrant that the products will be available at any time in your particular locality. You should check with your local Sony authorised representative for the availability of specific products and services in your locality.
8. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting on or via the Site:
(1) any unlawful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic or profane material;
(2) any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law; or
(3) any material of any kind for commercial purposes, or which contains any promotional material or advertising. You must not restrict or inhibit any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or download any material posted by any other user if you know, or ought reasonably to know, that such material cannot legally be distributed in such a manner. Sony will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Sony to disclose the identity of anyone breaching this clause.
9. If Sony provides you with user details to facilitate your use of or access to the Site ("User Details"), or a particular section of the Site, you must not disclose your User Details to any other person. It will be your responsibility to ensure that your User Details are not disclosed to any other person. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur using your User Details including, without limitation, all activities authorised or unauthorised, lawful or unlawful, which utilise your User Details, except to the extent that your User Details are obtained by an unauthorised third party due to an act or omission of Sony. Sony is entitled to act on instructions received under your User Details. Sony cannot and will not be liable for any changes made to your User Details by another person using your User Details, or for any loss or damage arising from your failure to adequately protect your User Details. For security purposes, you should memorise (and not write down) your User Details.
11. Sony may terminate this agreement and your access to the Site at any time without notice if:
(a) you have engaged in, or Sony reasonably suspects that you have engaged in, fraudulent or illegal activity in connection with your use of the Site; or
(b) it is reasonably necessary to protect Sony's infrastructure, systems, data, security or assets and/or your personal information (for example where the Site is or may be subject to a cyber incident or other unauthorised access).
Information that you provide to Sony
16. To enable Sony to provide you with products and/or services and to enable you to participate in Sony promotional offers and other marketing activity, Sony may collect and ask you to provide personal information such as your name, address and telephone number and information about your use of this Site ("Your Information").
17. Sony may collect information relating to your access to, and use of, this Site using cookies. A cookie is a small data file that the Site may write to your computer's hard drive to tailor and keep records of your visit to the Site and to authenticate that you are permitted to use the Site. You can disable cookies by turning them off in your browser, however, you may not be able to access some areas of the Site and/or some areas of the Site may not function properly if you do so.
18. All information that you provide to Sony must be true, accurate, current, and complete at all times. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or otherwise fail to update Your Information, Sony may suspend your participation in promotions, competitions, offers or membership of MySony (and right to use) the Site immediately, until the matter is rectified.
Online MySony account and guest purchases
19. There are two methods to purchase products through the Site:
(a) The first method is by creating a MySony account ("MySony Account" and, where you create a MySony Account, you are a “MySony Member”). The terms and conditions for creating a MySony Account can be found here: MySony Terms and Conditions. MySony Members may make any number of purchases via a single and secure access point (via a registration ID and password).
(b) The second purchasing method is as a “guest”. Guests are not required to register, and each purchase will be regarded as a stand-alone activity.
20. The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") listed below are trademarks of Sony and / or its affiliates, used on the Site with the permission of their respective owners. Any other Trademarks used in the Site are trademarks of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right of use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the express written permission of Sony or, if applicable, the third party owner of the revenant Trademark. The trademark "SONY" and any other product names, service names or logos of SONY used, quoted and / or referenced in this Web Site are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation or any of its affiliates. Other product names and/ or company names used in the Web Site are used with the permission of their respective owners and may be protected as their trademarks and/ or trade names. All powers (if any) conferred on you by section 26 of the Australian Trade Marks Act 1995 are expressly excluded.
(In alphabetical order):
5 50 MUSIC, A:SA II, ACRY-TAC, ATRAC, AUTOSOUND & Device, AVLS,B CORD & Beta Character, BAMBOO, BEAT & Device, BESIDE, BETA B & Beta character, Beta Character, BETACAM, BETACAM SP, BETACAM SX, BETACART, BETAMAX, BETAMAX & Beta characters, BETAMAX B & Beta character, BETAPRO, C Letter logo, Caduceus symbol, CAPTURE, CAPTURE IT ALL ON & SONY TAPE, CD +, CD PLUS, CHAOS, CHAPMAN, CHROMALLY, CIT Logo, CLUB, COLLECTOR'S CHOICE, COLOMBO, COLUMBIA, COLUMBIA & Device, COLUMBIA COUNTRY CLASSICS, COLUMBIA, GRAFONOLA, COLUMBIA MAGIC NOTES & Device, COMIX, COMPO S, CORONET, COVERT RECORDS, CRVDISC, CRYSTAL SHELL, CRYSTALEYE, CX, D 8 & Device, DANCE POOL & Dancer Device, DANCE POOL & Device, DATACAPSULE, DDS DIGITAL DATASTORAGE, DEED, D-EIGHT, D-EIGHT & Device, DESKTOP LIBRARY, DIGIRULER, DIGITAL BETACAM, DIGITAL MAP, DIGITAL MASTER, DIGITAL SKETCH, DIGITAL SPARKLE, Disc Device, DISCMAN, Diverging arrows device, DME-LINK, DODECAHORN, DRUM BASS, DRUMPAD, DUAL SHOCK, DUALITY, DV, DYNAMIC TRACKING, DYNAMICRON, E3G ELECTRONIC BOOK, E3XA ELECTRONIC BOOK, EDIT GEAR, EGGO, EMBASSY, EPIC, EPIC SOUNDTRAX, ES ELITE, ESPRIT, EVERYBODYS GOLF, FAMILY STUDIO, FD TRINITRON WEGA, FELICA, FIGURE HEAD, FLEXIPAD, FLEXY, FLEXYDISK, FONTOPIA, FREEDOM & Device, FUSION, GENESIS, GRAN TURISMO, GREENPLUS, H.AIR, HANDYCAM, HARMONY & Record Device, HD, HDVS, HEAD LOADING, HI BU'XCK, HIFD, HIT BIT, HOME CINEMA, HYBRIX, I Logo, i.link, IE & Device, INDEXTRON, INFOMAN, INTEGRA, IT'S A SONY, JOG DIAL, JOYFUL, JUMBOTRON, KEYFRAME-LINK, KIRARA BASSO, L LEGACY, La Voce, L'AMUSE, LAPIS, LASERMAX, LEGACY, LIBERTY, M Logo, MAGIC CHANGER, MAGIC LINK, MAGIC NOTES, MAGNESCALE, make.believe, MASTER SOUND, MASTERSHOP, MASTERSOUND, MAVICA, MAVIGRAPH, MAVIPAK, MD LINK, MD LINK PLUS & Arrow Device, MD WALKMAN, MDD & Device, MEDIA PAL, MEGA BASS, MELF, MEMORICH, MEMORY STICK, MEMOTCH, METAL SERVO, METALSERVO, MICROWORLD, MILLENNIA, MINIDISC WALKMAN, MMCD, MURMUR, MUSIC NOTE Device, Music Notes on Quaver device, MUSICA & Music Note Device, Musical Instruments Device, MY FIRST SONY, MY SONY, MY SONY logo, NETMAN, NEWS, NEWSMAKER, NT & Device, NUDE, 0 & Camera Device, ODYSSEY, OKEH, ORIOLE, Ovals device, PALM TOP & Device, PALMTOP, Pela Pela, PIXY, PLASMATRON, PLAYTV, PLAYSTATION, POCKETSTATION, PORTRAIT, POWERLINE & P Device, PRESH, PRISM, PRO DAT PLUS, PROFEEL, PROSOUND, PS, PS & Device, PYXIS, QUARTER L, QUATTRO, RAD Range, REDISC, REPEAT LEARNING SYSTEM, ROGER, S Logo, S3 Logo, SBM, SCENA, SCOOPMAN, SCREENERS, SD, SDDS, SDDS SONY DYNAMIC DIGITAL SOUND, SdevTC, SDT SONY & Device, SEARCHMAN, SECUTIVE, SERVMAN, SHOT BOX, SMV & Device, SODA & Soda Bottle Device, SONAHAWK, SO-NET, SO-NET & Device, SONETT, SONOPTOR, SONY, SONY BASIC / 1, SONY BROADWAY, SONY CENTER AM POTSDAMER PLATZ & Device, SONY CINEMATIC, SONY CLASSICAL, SONY CLASSICAL FILM & VIDEO & Film Device, SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT & S Device, SONY ELECTRONIC PUBLISHING, SONY l-FILE, SONY KID'S VIDEO & Device, SONY MANAGEMENT GAME, SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT, SONY TAPE, SONY TAPE PRO- SHOP & Cassette Device, SONY VIDEO 8, SONY WONDER, SOUND SCOPE, SPOT-O- MARC, STAMINA, STARWOOD, STEADY SHOT, STRAC, SUPER BIT MAPPING, SUPER MIX, SUPER SLIDE, SUPER TRINITRON, SUPERBRIX, SWEEPSTATION, Sxnet, TEKMAN, TELEDISC ENTERTAINMENT, THE GOSPEL SPIRIT, THIS IS IT ULTIMATE ENTERTAINMENT, Thumbs-up Device, TIME TRIP, Treble Clef Device, Triangle, Circle, Cross & Rectangle Logo, Trident Device, TRINICON, TRINITRON, TRINITY, TV1 TV1 TV1 & Device, U-CEIVER, U-MATIC, UNILINK, V, VAIO, VIEWTOPIA, VIRTUOSO, VisionArt, VISIONTOUCH, VISUALTOUCH, VIVARTE, VL Logo, VOICE OF JAPAN, WALKMAN, WALKMAN & Runner device, WALKMAN WORLD, WATCHCAM, WATCHMAN, WEBMAN, WEGA, WILD ARMS, WONDER, WORK, WORLD BAND, X-SIGHT, YAROZE, YPPY Logo.
Online Terms of Sale
1. By placing an order ("Order") on this site ("Site”) you are making an offer to Sony Australia Limited (ABN 59 001 215 354) ("Sony") to purchase the products listed in your shopping cart on the Site at that time ("Products") upon the terms set out in these terms of sale ("Sale Terms").
2. By placing an Order, you warrant that you are over the age of 18 years. Sony may reject an Order or rescind a purchase contract if it becomes aware that you are not over the age of 18 years.
3. These Sale Terms supersede any other terms relating to the sale of the Products appearing on the Site or elsewhere and shall override any other terms referred to by you or in any course of dealing. Upon acceptance of an Order, these Sale Terms constitute the entire contract between us and you for the supply of the relevant Products.
5. Sony reserves the right to accept or reject your Order for any reason, including, without limitation, an error in your Order or in the material on the Site, failure of your payment, or the unavailability of a Product. The contract to purchase a particular Product only comes into existence upon acceptance by Sony of your Order.
6. After submitting an Order, the Site will display an order summary including an order reference number and details of the Product(s) you have ordered ("Order Summary"). The Order Summary does not mean your Order has been accepted by us.
7. All Orders are subject to acceptance by Sony of your offer to purchase the Product(s). Sony will only be deemed to have accepted your offer to purchase a Product when we send you an email with your invoice confirming that your Order is on its way (a "Despatch Confirmation"). The purchase contract formed by this acceptance will relate only to those Products whose despatch we have confirmed in the Despatch Confirmation. You may cancel your Order at any time and receive a refund before you receive your Despatch Confirmation by contacting Sony customer support. Sony will not be obliged to supply other Products which may have been part of your Order until the despatch of those Products has been confirmed in a Despatch Confirmation. Some Products forming part of your offer to purchase may not be able to be accepted by Sony due to your location being outside Sony’s delivery network. Please refer to clauses 17 – 23 generally for further terms regarding delivery, including delivery by instalments.
8. In limited cases, Product(s) forming part of your Order may become unavailable, for example due to an unanticipated stock shortage or where Product(s) cannot be delivered due to factors or an event beyond Sony's reasonable control, such as (but not limited to) pandemic, storm, flood, earthquake, terrorism, war, strike, power failure or failure of computer systems. In these circumstances, Sony will make reasonable efforts to notify you of this as soon as possible after becoming aware of it, and Sony reserves the right to:
(a) rescind the purchase contract, cancel your Order, where all of the Products in the Order are or become unavailable; or
(b) cancel part of your Order, if some of the Products in the Order are or become unavailable (in which case the part of the Order cancelled will be confined to those Products which are or become unavailable).
9. In addition, Sony also reserves the right to cancel your Order and rescind the purchase contract where:
(a) there has been a genuine error in a Product's price, description or image on this Site;
(b) you have engaged in, or Sony reasonably suspects that you have engaged in, fraud (or any other illegal activity) in connection with the Order; or
10. If Sony cancels your Order in accordance with clauses 7, 8(a), or 9 above, Sony will refund any amounts you have paid for the Order as soon as reasonably possible. If Sony cancels part of your Order in accordance with clause 8(b) above, Sony will refund any amounts you have paid for those parts of the Order that were cancelled as soon as reasonably possible. Where Sony cancels part of your Order in accordance with clause 8(b), and you no longer wish to proceed with the rest of the Order, you may ask Sony to cancel the entire Order at any time prior to receiving a Despatch Confirmation and receive a refund for the full value of the entire Order.
11. Sony may appoint subcontractors to supply or deliver the Products and to perform any act of Sony contemplated under these Sale Terms.
12. Products are subject to availability. In the event of shortage, Sony may allocate sales and deliveries in its discretion, acting reasonably.
13. Sony will only accept Orders if the delivery address is a street address in Australia.
14. Sony reserves the right to limit the quantity of Products purchased by you.
15. Sony may update or discontinue any Product and / or revise prices for any Product listed as available on the Site at any time without notice to you. Subject to clause 9(a) (genuine pricing errors), the price displayed at the time that you place your Order will continue to apply to you even if the price changes after you place your Order but before your Order is accepted by Sony.
16. The price of a Product shall be as stipulated on the Site at the time of placement of your Order. Unless otherwise indicated on the Site, all prices include all Australian taxes.
17. In addition to the price for the Products, you must also pay the listed delivery charge (if any) ("Delivery Charge") for your Order. Any Delivery Charge will be shown in your shopping cart. By placing an Order, you agree to pay the price for the Product(s) and any Delivery Charge.
18. If you choose for your Order to be delivered to a location other than a Sony store, delivery shall be made to the address nominated in your Order ("Delivery Address"). Sony will not deliver to PO boxes or parcel lockers. Sony has the right to select the method of delivery and the carrier. Sony will be deemed to have delivered the Product(s) to you when we deliver them to the Delivery Address. Delivery may be made by instalments, at the sole option of Sony.
19. Any dates quoted by Sony or its subcontractors for delivery of the Products are estimates only and shall not form part of the Sale Terms. Other than orders for custom-made Products (such as customised lenses), in the event of delays beyond your estimated delivery date, you may contact Sony to cancel your Order at any time prior to receiving your Despatch Confirmation and obtain a refund.
20. Sony must receive full payment of the price of the Products ordered, and any other charges (including delivery or freight charges) that may apply to your Order, before they are delivered or supplied to you. You shall pay for the Products by using one of the payment methods available on the Site.
21. Where the Products are to be delivered by instalments (that is separate shipments), each shipment shall be deemed to be the subject of a separate agreement and no default or failure by Sony or its subcontractors in respect of any one or more shipments shall void the contract in respect of the Products previously delivered or undelivered Products. To the fullest extent permitted by law, in the event that Sony or its subcontractors give notice to you that it is unable to deliver any shipment of the Products, you shall be deemed to have accepted those shipments already delivered but Sony or its subcontractors may reimburse the price of the undelivered Products which have been paid for by you. In addition, where Sony is unable to deliver any shipment of your Order, and this shipment relates to and is dependent on an earlier shipment of the Order (for example, an Order for a camera and compatible lens), you will be offered the option to either: (a) cancel the outstanding instalment of your Order and receive a refund for that outstanding shipment, or (b) cancel the entire Order and receive a full refund for all shipments (refund for the earlier shipment will be provided upon the earlier shipment being returned in unopened and unused condition to Sony).
22. If you fail to take delivery of the Products or any part of them when they are made available to you, or fail to provide accurate instructions, documents, licenses, consents or authorizations required to enable the Products to be delivered, Sony or its subcontractors shall be entitled, upon giving written notice to you, to store or arrange for storage of the Products and delivery shall be deemed to have taken place. Sony or its subcontractors may pass on its reasonable costs and expenses (including storage and insurance charges) to you.
23. Risk of loss or damage to the Products shall pass to you upon the physical delivery of the Products to the Delivery Address. Title to the Products shall pass to you when Sony receives payment for those Products. Notwithstanding the foregoing, to the extent that Products consist of software, title shall remain with the applicable Iicensor(s).
Returns and your rights
24. View our returns information here.
25. Consumers who acquire goods or services have a range of rights under consumer guarantees set out in the Australian Consumer Law that cannot be excluded or modified ("Consumer Guarantees"). Nothing in these Sale Terms is intended to exclude or modify the application of these Consumer Guarantees.
26. With the exception of Consumer Guarantees and any other rights that cannot by law be excluded ("Non-excludable Rights"), to the fullest extent permitted by law:
(a) Sony excludes any term, condition, guarantee or warranty that may otherwise be implied into these Sale Terms;
(b) Sony's liability for failure to comply with Non-excludable Rights (which cannot be excluded, but which can be limited in respect of goods or services that are not of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption) is limited, at the option of Sony, to:
(i) in the case of goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of such goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
(ii) in the case of services, the supply of the services again or the payment of the cost of having services supplied again.
27. Contact our Sony Store team at sonystore.SANZ@sony.com or our Support Team on 130013 7669 (AU) or 0800 766 969 (NZ) or start a LIVE CHAT here to find out about options that may be available to you.
28. Products are not authorised for use as critical components in life support systems or situations where failure to perform can reasonably be expected to cause significant injury to users or others. Unless expressly stated otherwise, Sony makes no representation and gives no warranty that any Products are fit for such a purpose.
29. You agree and warrant that you are not purchasing the Products for resale or to remove components from the Products for resale. Sony shall be entitled to refuse to accept Orders placed by you if Sony on reasonable grounds suspects that you will breach this warranty.
30. Please visit our Warranties page here for information about warranties that may apply to your Product. These warranties are in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Parallel important warning
31. Sony is the authorised distributor of Sony branded computer, consumer electronic & media products in Australia. Recently we have observed other suppliers offering imported Sony product from overseas and selling through retail outlets, other dealerships as well as online via the Internet, etc., to Australian consumers.
32. Consumers should exercise care when acquiring these products. Also, from time to time we have become aware of a growing number of "copy” of "fake" Sony products being brought into Australia and being sold the same way as above. In particular, consumers should:
(a) Check that the product conforms with all Australian electrical safety standards;
(b) Check that the product conform to Australian RF emission & Safety standards;
(c) Check if the product incorporates a tuner (TV's, VCR's, portable Audio, etc.), and if so does it properly support the Australian frequencies & broadcast formats;
(d) Check that the seller will provide and honour the product warranty. Some products offered may not be carried by Sony Australia and we may be unable to help if the seller fails to honour the warranty;
(e) Check that the product is definitely a "genuine" Sony product and not a "copy" or "fake".
Updated: November 2023