- Your use of the Site is at your risk. Sony makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy or completeness. Sony specifically disclaims any liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the Site whether Sony is aware of such errors or omissions or not. To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither Sony nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive or exemplary damages or any loss of business, interest, goodwill, revenue or profit, or loss or corruption of data, arising out of your access to, or use of, or inability to use or access, the Site.
- When a consumer buys goods or services, the ACL provides that they will have guaranteed rights that:
Without limiting the foregoing, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Please note that the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) confers rights and remedies on you in relation to the provision by Sony of goods or services on the Site which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified ("Non-excludable Rights").
The ACL covers all goods sold in Australia and has guarantees that cannot be excluded. Under the ACL, you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality.
- the supplier has the right to sell the goods;
- goods are of acceptable quality;
- the description match the goods;
- the goods are fit for the intended purpose as described by the supplier;
- repairs and spare parts are reasonably available;
- services are carried out with reasonable care and skill and are completed within a reasonable time.
Notwithstanding the foregoing paragraphs, Sony does not exclude any Non-excludable Rights but does exclude all other conditions and warranties, whether implied by custom, law or statute.
(a) in the case of services, the supply of the services again or the payment of the cost of having services supplied again; and
(b) in the case of goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of such goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
(1) any unlawful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic or profane material;
(2) any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law; or
(3) any material of any kind for commercial purposes, or which contains any promotional material or advertising. You must not restrict or inhibit any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or download any material posted by any other user if you know, or ought reasonably to know, that such material cannot legally be distributed in such a manner. Sony will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Sony to disclose the identity of anyone breaching this clause.
Information that you provide to Sony
Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Sony Australia Limited (ABN 59 001 215 354) ("Sony") shall either by itself or through its subcontractors sell and you shall purchase the products and services offered for sale on the Site ("Products") in compliance with the Sale Terms. Sony is entitled to appoint subcontractors to provide the Products and to perform any act of Sony contemplated under this Contract. All orders placed by you on the Site ("Orders") are accepted pursuant to the Sale Terms, which supersede any other terms relating to the sale of the Products appearing on the Site or elsewhere and shall override any other terms referred to by you or in any course of dealing.
- An Order placed by you on the Site is an offer by you to purchase a particular Product. Sony or its subcontractors reserve the right to accept or reject your Order for any reason, including, without limitation, an error in your order or in the material on the Site, or the unavailability of the Product. The contract to purchase a particular Product only comes into existence upon acceptance by Sony or its subcontractors of your Order. Products are subject to availability. In the event of shortage, Sony may allocate sales and deliveries in its sole discretion.
- Sony or its subcontractors will only accept Orders for delivery of the Products if the delivery address is a street address in Australia and only if you if you are a resident of Australia and over the age of 18 years. Sony or its subcontractors reserve the right to limit the quantity of Products purchased by you.
- The price of a Product shall be as stipulated on the Site at the date of placement of your Order. Unless otherwise indicated on the Site, all prices include all Australian taxes.
- Delivery shall be made at the place agreed between the parties, or at Sony's premises, if no place is agreed. If delivery is made elsewhere other than at Sony's premises, Sony has the right to select the method of delivery and the carrier. Delivery may be made by instalments, at the sole option of Sony. Any dates quoted by Sony or its subcontractors for delivery of the Products are estimates only and shall not form part of the Sale Terms.
- Sony or its subcontractors must receive full payment of the price of the Products ordered, and any other charges (including delivery or freight charges) that may apply to your Order, before they are delivered or supplied to you. You shall pay for the Products by using one of the payment methods available on the Site.
- Where the Products are to be delivered by instalments, each instalment shall be deemed to be the subject of a separate agreement and no default or failure by Sony or its subcontractors in respect of any one or more instalments shall vitiate the Contract in respect of the Products previously delivered or undelivered Products. In the event that Sony or its subcontractors give notice to you that it is unable to deliver any instalment of the Products, you shall be deemed to have accepted those instalments already delivered but Sony or its subcontractors may reimburse the price of the undelivered Products which have been paid for by you.
- If you fail to take delivery of the Products or any part of them when they are made available to you, or fail to provide accurate instructions, documents, licenses, consents or authorizations required to enable the Products to be delivered, Sony or its subcontractors shall be entitled, upon giving written notice to you, to store or arrange for storage of the Products, and then risk in the Products shall pass to you, delivery shall be deemed to have taken place. Sony or its subcontractors may pass on costs and expenses (including storage and insurance charges) to you.
- Unless you notify Sony to the contrary by telephone or by the contact us form within seven (7) days of delivery and such notification is confirmed in writing within seven (7) days of its receipt by Sony, the Products shall be deemed to have been accepted by you in accordance with the Sale Terms.
- To the extent permissible by law and in accordance with any Warranty provided to you (but subject always to the Australian Consumer Law), Sony shall not accept goods for credit or refund unless:
- a. they have been damaged during delivery / damaged in transit ("DIT goods") or are not in full working order ("DOA goods") or have been double-delivered or mistakenly supplied; and
- b. the returned goods are delivered to a Sony Service Centre.
- c. in the case of goods returned because of double-delivery or mistaken delivery:
- i. Sony receives the goods within 14 days of receipt; and
- ii. Sony receives the carton unopened and in good condition with no rips, tears or writing; and
- iii. a written note accompanies the goods stating the invoice number(s) the goods were supplied with (both invoice numbers in the case of double-delivery) your name and telephone number, and the reason for the goods return.
Parallel Import Warning
Sony Australia is the authorised distributor of Sony branded computer, consumer electronic & media products in Australia. Recently we have observed other suppliers offering imported Sony product from overseas and selling through retail outlets, other dealerships as well as online via the Internet, etc., to Australian consumers. Consumers should exercise care when acquiring these products. Also, from time to time we have become aware of a growing number of "copy" of "fake" Sony products being brought into Australia and being sold the same way as above. In particular, consumers should;
Check that the product conforms with all Australian electrical safety standards;
Check that the product conform to Australian RF emission & Safety standards;
Check if the product incorporates a tuner ( TV's, VCR's, portable Audio, etc. ), and if so does it properly support the Australian frequencies & broadcast formats;
Check that the seller will provide and honour the product warranty. Some products offered may not be carried by Sony Australia and we may be unable to help if the seller fails to honour the warranty;
Check that the product is definitely a "genuine" Sony product and not a "copy" or "fake".
Online registration and account
1. There are two methods to purchase on this site. The first method is as a 'registered member' of Sony Online. Registered customers may make any number of purchases via a single and secure access point (normally enabled by a registration ID and password). The second purchasing method is for 'non members'. A non-member may make a one-time-only purchase which does not require registration. Their purchase will be regarded as a stand-alone activity.
2. Some features on the Site are only accessible for registered members. You can register as a Member by following the instructions on the Site. You will be authorised to be a Member of Sony Online only if Sony advises you that your application for registration as a Member has been approved. You will be required to accept these Terms in order to become a Member.
3. To be eligible for a Sony Online account you must be:
- (a) At least 13 years of age (and at least 18 years of age to purchase goods or services); and
- (b) A legal resident of Australia.
4. You are only entitled to open one Sony Online Member account (even if you have multiple email addresses).
5. There is no charge for a Sony Online account (unless otherwise specified upon registration).
6. Your Sony Online account and any other related membership benefits are not transferable and may not be combined or merged with other Member accounts.
7. Sony reserves the right to refuse your application for registration or terminate your registration at its sole discretion, including but not limited to if it has been inactive for an extended period of time, as determined by Sony.
8. When you register as a Member of Sony you must choose a password. Your password must be used, together with your email address (each a "Unique Identifier"), each time you access your Sony Online account. Sony may reject any Unique Identifier that you choose, in Sony's sole discretion. You are responsible for keeping your Unique Identifiers confidential. You must immediately notify Sony if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your Unique Identifiers or any other breach of security related to your Sony Online account.
9. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Sony Online account including, without limitation, all activities authorised or unauthorised, lawful or unlawful, which utilise your Unique Identifiers. Sony is entitled to act on instructions received under your Unique Identifiers. Sony cannot and will not be liable for any changes made to your Sony Online account by another person using your Unique Identifiers, or for any loss or damage arising from your failure to adequately protect your Unique Identifiers. For security purposes, you should memorise (and not write down) your Unique Identifiers, and close the browser window at the end of each session.
10. You may terminate these Terms and your Sony Online registration at any time, without cause and with immediate effect, please contact us by sending an e-mail via the feedback form. Sony may terminate these Terms and your Sony Online registration at any time, without cause and with immediate effect, by sending an email to the email address supplied by you when registering to use Sony Online. In the event of termination you will immediately cease to use Sony Online. The provisions of these Terms regarding intellectual property rights, confidentiality, warranty disclaimers, liability limitations and indemnification shall survive any such termination.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") listed below are trademarks of Sony and/or its affiliates. Any other Trademarks used in the Site are trademarks of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right of use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the express written permission of Sony or such third party owner. The trademark "SONY" and any other product names, service names or logos of SONY used, quoted and/or referenced in this Web Site are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation or any of its affiliates. Other product names and/or company names used in the Web Site are used with the permission of their respective owners and may be protected as their trademarks and/or trade names.
(In alphabetical order):
5 50 MUSIC, A:SA II, ACRY-TAC, ATRAC, AUTOSOUND & Device, AVLS, B CORD & Beta Character, BAMBOO, BEAT & Device, BESIDE, BETA B & Beta character, Beta Character, BETACAM, BETACAM SP, BETACAM SX, BETACART, BETAMAX, BETAMAX & Beta characters, BETAMAX B & Beta character, BETAPRO, C Letter logo, Caduceus symbol, CAPTURE, CAPTURE IT ALL ON & SONY TAPE, CD +, CD PLUS, CHAOS, CHAPMAN, CHROMALLY, CIT Logo, CLUB, COLLECTOR'S CHOICE, COLOMBO, COLUMBIA, COLUMBIA & Device, COLUMBIA COUNTRY CLASSICS, COLUMBIA GRAFONOLA, COLUMBIA MAGIC NOTES & Device, COMIX, COMPO S, CORONET, COVERT RECORDS, CRVDISC, CRYSTAL SHELL, CRYSTALEYE, CX, D 8 & Device, DANCE POOL & Dancer Device, DANCE POOL & Device, DATACAPSULE, DDS DIGITAL DATA STORAGE, DEED, D-EIGHT, D-EIGHT & Device, DESKTOP LIBRARY, DIGIRULER, DIGITAL BETACAM, DIGITAL MAP, DIGITAL MASTER, DIGITAL SKETCH, DIGITAL SPARKLE, Disc Device, DISCMAN, Diverging arrows device, DME-LINK, DODECAHORN, DRUM BASS, DRUMPAD, DUAL SHOCK, DUALITY, DV, DYNAMIC TRACKING, DYNAMICRON, E3G ELECTRONIC BOOK, E3XA ELECTRONIC BOOK, EDIT GEAR, EGGO, EMBASSY, EPIC, EPIC SOUNDTRAX, ES ELITE, ESPRIT, EVERYBODYS GOLF, FAMILY STUDIO, FD TRINITRON WEGA, FELICA, FIGURE HEAD, FLEXIPAD, FLEXY, FLEXYDISK, FONTOPIA, FREEDOM & Device, FUSION, GENESIS, GRAN TURISMO, GREENPLUS, H.AIR, HANDYCAM, HARMONY & Record Device, HD, HDVS, HEAD LOADING, HI BLACK, HIFD, HIT BIT, HOME CINEMA, HYBRIX, I Logo, i.link, IE & Device, INDEXTRON, INFOMAN, INTEGRA, IT'S A SONY, JOG DIAL, JOYFUL, JUMBOTRON, KEYFRAME-LINK, KIRARA BASSO, L LEGACY, La Voce, L'AMUSE, LAPIS, LASERMAX, LEGACY, LIBERTY, M Logo, MAGIC CHANGER, MAGIC LINK, MAGIC NOTES, MAGNESCALE, make.believe, MASTER SOUND, MASTERSHOP, MASTERSOUND, MAVICA, MAVIGRAPH, MAVIPAK, MD LINK, MD LINK PLUS & Arrow Device, MD WALKMAN, MDD & Device, MEDIA PAL, MEGA BASS, MELF, MEMORICH, MEMORY STICK, MEMOTCH, METAL SERVO, METALSERVO, MICROWORLD, MILLENNIA, MINIDISC WALKMAN, MMCD, MURMUR, MUSIC NOTE Device, Music Notes on Quaver device, MUSICA & Music Note Device, Musical Instruments Device, MY FIRST SONY, MY SONY, MY SONY logo, NETMAN, NEWS, NEWSMAKER, NT & Device, NUDE, O & Camera Device, ODYSSEY, OKEH, ORIOLE, Ovals device, PALM TOP & Device, PALMTOP, Pela Pela, PIXY, PLASMATRON, PLAY T.V., PLAYSTATION, POCKETSTATION, PORTRAIT, POWERLINE & P Device, PRESH, PRISM, PRO DAT PLUS, PROFEEL, PROSOUND, PS, PS & Device, PYXIS, QUARTER L, QUATTRO, RAD Range, REDISC, REPEAT LEARNING SYSTEM, ROGER, S Logo, S3 Logo, SBM, SCENA, SCOOPMAN, SCREENERS, SD, SDDS, SDDS SONY DYNAMIC DIGITAL SOUND, SdevTC, SDT SONY & Device, SEARCHMAN, SECUTIVE, SERVMAN, SHOT BOX, SMV & Device, SODA & Soda Bottle Device, SONAHAWK, SO-NET, SO-NET & Device, SONETT, SONOPTOR, SONY, SONY BASIC/1, SONY BROADWAY, SONY CENTER AM POTSDAMER PLATZ & Device, SONY CINEMATIC, SONY CLASSICAL, SONY CLASSICAL FILM & VIDEO & Film Device, SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT & S Device, SONY ELECTRONIC PUBLISHING, SONY I-FILE, SONY KID'S VIDEO & Device, SONY MANAGEMENT GAME, SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT, SONY TAPE, SONY TAPE PRO-SHOP & Cassette Device, SONY VIDEO 8, SONY WONDER, SOUND SCOPE, SPOT-O-MARC, STAMINA, STARWOOD, STEADY SHOT, STRAC, SUPER BIT MAPPING, SUPER MIX, SUPER SLIDE, SUPER TRINITRON, SUPERBRIX, SWEEPSTATION, Sxnet, TEKMAN, TELEDISC ENTERTAINMENT, THE GOSPEL SPIRIT, THIS IS IT ULTIMATE ENTERTAINMENT, Thumbs-up Device, TIME TRIP, Treble Clef Device, Triangle, Circle, Cross & Rectangle Logo, Trident Device, TRINICON, TRINITRON, TRINITY, TV1 TV1 TV1 & Device, U-CEIVER, U-MATIC, UNILINK, V, VAIO, VIEWTOPIA, VIRTUOSO, VisionArt, VISIONTOUCH, VISUALTOUCH, VIVARTE, VL Logo, VOICE OF JAPAN, WALKMAN, WALKMAN & Runner device, WALKMAN WORLD, WATCHCAM, WATCHMAN, WEBMAN, WEGA, WILD ARMS, WONDER, WORK, WORLD BAND, X-SIGHT, YAROZE, YPPY Logo.