Request a price match
An identical model
The product must be a matching brand, model number and colour to be eligible.
Available to purchase
We may match selected local retailers (including their online prices) once verified and item must in stock or pre-order online or in store.
Not shown on our exclusions list
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, competitor’s service prices, special or hourly sales, bonus buy offers.
See our full list of exclusions
A local retailer
The retailer must have a local business number (ABN/ACN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Find a Qualifying Product
While online, find a qualifying product from a local retailer's website that would like to request a price match from. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Fill out the form to request a Price Match
On selected pages, fill out the form and submit your request. Note, some models are excluded.
Please be prepared to direct our support staff to the ad or website that is displaying the current lower price you would like to match.
Should your price match request be successful, we will contact you and update your shopping cart. Make sure to create/sign into your account and add the product to cart to make this quicker.
Find a Qualifying Product
Find a qualifying product that you want Sony to price match from a local retailer. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Price Match In Store
Take your catalogue, flyer, or printed email into one of our Sony Stores to request a price match.
Discover true blacks and immersive sound
See how real 4K entertainment can be when you combine the deep blacks of our latest OLED screen with powerful X1™ Extreme processing and Acoustic Surface Audio™.
Everything else pales in contrast
True reality comes to life with deep black and natural colour. Over 8 million self-illuminating pixels are precisely and individually controlled by the Picture Processor X1™ Extreme processor. Sony's 4K OLED TV creates exquisite, unprecedented contrast.
A wider, more natural spectrum of color
Our original panel controller for OLED maximizes dynamic range by widening the area of color reproduction at high brightness. Pictures are enhanced with extra detail and texture.Explore our OLED technologies
- Find entertainment by voice with Android TV
- OLED delivers unprecedented black, contrast and colour
- 4K HDR Processor X1 Extreme for outstanding realism
- Discover a new way to experience TV with Acoustic Surface Audio technology
Clear Phase for smooth, balanced frequencies
BRAVIA uses a powerful computer model to analyse and compensate for inaccuracies in speaker response. It does this by 'sampling' the speaker frequency with higher precision. This information is fed back to cancel out any peaks or dips in the speaker's natural response - resulting in pure, natural audio with smooth, even reproduction of all frequencies.
Cinematic S-Force Front Surround
Enjoy an immersive soundstage that pulls you into the heart of the action. S-Force Front Surround mimics the way the brain correlates sound sources to create proper volume, time lag, and sound wave spectrum - using only left and right speaker channels. By naturally emulating three-dimensional sound fields, you'll enjoy rich, high-fidelity audio across a wider listening area.
Connect BLUETOOTH compatible devices to your TV for easy wire free entertainment. Pair your Bluetooth headphones or earphones with BRAVIA and enjoy TV shows and music in your favourite place - without any disturbances or interruptions.
Pictures and sound in perfect harmony
Be in the moment with true-to-life pictures and acoustics to match. Beautifully detailed images combine with our Sound-from-Picture Reality for a captivating audio-visual performance.
4K HDR Processor X1 Extreme: So real you can feel it
Our 4K HDR Processor X1 Extreme includes powerful real-time image processing for ultra detailed pictures. Images are upscaled closer to true 4K HDR quality.
True reality comes to life with deep black and natural colour. Over 8 million self-illuminating pixels are precisely and individually controlled by the 4K HDR Processor X1 Extreme. Sony's 4K OLED HDR TV creates exquisite, unprecedented contrast.
Acoustic Surface Audio
Unlike most TV speakers, sound comes to you from the entire screen, immersing you in exciting new entertainment experiences. It's picture and sound in perfect harmony.
Transform your viewing with Dolby Vision
Bring scenes to life with striking highlights, deeper darks and vibrant colours. Dolby Vision is an HDR solution that creates an immersive, engaging cinematic experience in your home.
TRILUMINOS Display: Extra colours, extra brilliance
See vivid real world colours all around you. A TRILUMINOS Display maps from a wider palette, faithfully reproducing every shade and hue in the umbrellas.
Beautiful from any angle
A clean, minimalist design keeps you focused on what's important - the picture.
Ideal soundbar position
Rotate the stand 180º and it will rise up so you can easily display your soundbar. The stand blends harmoniously with the beautifully designed TV and doesn't compromise your viewing experience.
Cables concealed, neat and tidy
Keep cables neatly hidden in the stand and held in place with the supplied cable holder.
Just talk, a fun way to explore new worlds
Find all the entertainment you can dream of, as fast as you can talk. With advanced voice control, this Sony Android TV lets you enjoy movies and shows from apps or broadcast in an instant.
Say what you want to see with voice search
Spend less time browsing, and more time watching. Voice search on Android TV provides you with the power of Google search, allowing you to find content across different services without the hassle of time-consuming text entry. You can also get recommendations; asking for "romantic comedies" for example, brings up a list of suitable options.
Works with Alexa
Connect your Alexa enabled devices for seamless hands-free control of a Sony TV. With Alexa, you can power up your TV, change channels, control volume and more.
Connect with Google Home
Connect Google Home for seamless hands-free control of a Sony TV. With Google Home, you can find and cast your favourite videos to your Sony TV, without lifting a finger.
Object-based HDR remaster
With Object-based HDR remaster, the colour in individual objects on screen is analysed and the contrast adjusted, unlike most TVs where contrast is only adjusted along one black-to-white contrast curve. Because objects are remastered individually, this TV can reproduce greater depth, textures and more realistic pictures.
Super Bit Mapping HDR
There are thousands of tones, shades and gradations of light in a sunset. Super Bit Mapping HDR reveals them. It creates smooth, natural 4K TV picture quality as you watch, without the "banding" that can occur on other TVs.
Dual database processing
One database is used to clean the picture, reducing on-screen noise. The other is used to upscale the resolution, improving clarity. These two powerful image improvement databases work together, dynamically improving pixels in real time. Each database has tens of thousands of references, amassed from our experience creating content for TV and movies over the years.
Rediscover the detail with 4K X-Reality PRO
With 4K X-Reality PRO, every image is upscaled closer to true 4K quality for remarkable clarity. Images are sharpened and refined in real time, revealing extra detail in the books and architecture of the library.
Motionflow XR keeps the action smooth
Enjoy smooth and sharp details even in fast-moving sequences with Motionflow XR. This innovative technology creates and inserts extra frames between the original ones. It compares key visual factors on successive frames, then calculates the split second of missing action in the sequences. Some models also include black-frame insertion for a blur-free and truly cinematic look.
Chromecast built-in: Plays nice with your other devices
BRAVIA is Chromecast built-in so you can easily cast your favourite entertainment like YouTube or Netflix from your personal device on to the stunning BRAVIA screen. You can cast from Android, iOS, or your laptop.
Google Play: A world of content and apps
Discover movies and TV shows, games and much more from Google Play. Enjoy a huge and ever-growing choice of appson your TV in a brand new way.
- Screen Size (cm, measured diagonally) 163.9 cm
- Display resolution (H x V, pixels) 3840x2160
- Backlight type -
- Internet Browser Vewd
- Wi-Fi Standard Wi-Fi Certified 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- USB playback codecs MPEG1:MPEG1/MPEG2PS:MPEG2/MPEG2TS(HDV,AVCHD):MPEG2,AVC/MP4(XAVC S):AVC,MPEG4,HEVC/AVI:Xvid,MotionJpeg/ASF(WMV):VC1/MOV:AVC,MPEG4,MotionJpeg/MKV:Xvid,AVC,MPEG4,VP8.HEVC/WEBM:VP8/3GPP:MPEG4,AVC/MP3/ASF(WMA)/WAV/MP4AAC/FLAC/JPEG
- USB drive format support FAT16/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS
- Smartphone connectivity Chromecast built-inVideo & TV SideView (iOS/Android)
- RS-232C Input(s) No
- MHL No
- IF (Satellite) Connection Input(s) No
- HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC) Yes (ARC)
- HDCP HDCP2.3(for HDMI1/2/3/4)
- Bluetooth profile support Version 4.1;HID (mouse/keyboard connectivity)/HOGP (Low Energy device connectivity)/SPP(Serial Port Profile)/A2DP (stereo audio) /AVRCP (AV remote control)
- TV System (Digital Terrestrial) DVB-T/T2
- TV System (Digital Cable) -
- CI+ -
- Stand design Matt Black
- USB ports 2 (Side) / 1 (Bottom)
- RF (Terrestrial/Cable) Connection Input(s) 1(Bottom)
- HDMI inputs total 4(1Side,3Bottom)
- Ethernet inputs 1(Bottom)
- Digital Audio Output(s) 1 (Bottom)
- Composite Video Input(s) 1 (Side)
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input(s) No
- Audio Output(s) 1 (Side / Hybrid with Headphone Out)
- Headphone Output(s) 1 (Side)
- Subwoofer Output(s) 1 (Side / Hybrid with Headphone Out)
Picture and Audio Features
- Sound modes Standard,Dialog,Cinema,Music,Sports
- Picture modes Vivid,Standard,Custom,Cinema Pro,Cinema Home,Sports,Animation,Photo-Vivid,Photo-Standard,Photo-Custom,Game,Graphics,Dolby Vision
- Motion enhancer Motionflow XR
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) compatibility Yes(HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision)
- Audio Description (Audio Key) Audio Description
- Auto Calibration with Calman -
- TV Centre Speaker Mode -
- Speaker Configuration Actuator x2, Woofer x2
- USB HDD Recording No
- Twin Picture No
- On/Off Timer Yes
- Electronic Program Guide (EPG) Yes
- HDMI-CEC Yes
Eco and energy saving
- Power Saving Mode / Back Light Off Mode Yes
- Power Consumption (in standby) 0.5W
- Power Consumption (in operation) 466W
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) – Terminals -
- Peak luminance ratio for EU -
- Mercury content(mg) -
- Presence of lead No
- Annual Power Consumption* 619 kWh/Year
Dimensions and Weight
- Weight of TV with Floor Stand -
- Weight of Package Carton (Gross) Approx. 32 kg
- VESA® Hole Pitch(W x H) 300x300 mm
- Dimension of TV with Floor Stand (W x H x D) -
- Weight of TV without Stand Approx. 20.3 Kg
- Weight of TV with Stand Approx. 22.5 Kg
- Stand Width Approx. 657 mm
What's In The Box
In the Box
- Table Top Stand
- Voice Remote Control
- AC Power Cord
- Quick Setup Guide
- Operating Instructions
- In the Box
- Released 2019
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- KD-65A8G AZ1