85" Z9G MASTER Series LED 8K High Dynamic Range Android TV
This item is currently unavailable
This is Sony 8K, a truly authentic experience
Enjoy immersive big screen entertainment with four times the resolution of 4K and high brightness specially developed for 8K.
- Picture Processor X1 Ultimate for unparalleled realism
- Unprecedented contrast with Backlight Master Drive
- Take pictures closer to 8K with 8K X-Reality PRO
- Acoustic Multi-Audio for an immersive viewing experience
Connect with Google Home
Connect Google Home for seamless hands-free control of a Sony TV. With Google Home, you can find and cast your favourite videos to your Sony TV, without lifting a finger.
Clear Phase for smooth, balanced frequencies
BRAVIA uses a powerful computer model to analyse and compensate for inaccuracies in speaker response. It does this by 'sampling' the speaker frequency with higher precision. This information is fed back to cancel out any peaks or dips in the speaker's natural response - resulting in pure, natural audio with smooth, even reproduction of all frequencies.
Easy control with smart remote
Connect set top boxes and other devices via HDMI to your TV and control them all using one smart commander. A slimmer, more rounded design with built-in voice control microphone and enhanced button layout makes it really easy to use too.
Cinematic S-Force Front Surround
Enjoy an immersive soundstage that pulls you into the heart of the action. S-Force Front Surround mimics the way the brain correlates sound sources to create proper volume, time lag, and sound wave spectrum - using only left and right speaker channels. By naturally emulating three-dimensional sound fields, you'll enjoy rich, high-fidelity audio across a wider listening area.
Object-based Super Resolution
Our TVs with Object-based Super Resolution technology detect individual objects in a picture and preserve detail on screen. Hundreds of objects are identified and their resolution individually enhanced to give a picture of exceptional accuracy and detail.
Connect BLUETOOTH compatible devices to your TV for easy wire free entertainment. Pair your Bluetooth headphones or earphones with BRAVIA and enjoy TV shows and music in your favourite place - without any disturbances or interruptions.
Object-based HDR remaster
With Object-based HDR remaster, the colour in individual objects on screen is analysed and the contrast adjusted, unlike most TVs where contrast is only adjusted along one black-to-white contrast curve. Because objects are remastered individually, this TV can reproduce greater depth, textures and more realistic pictures.
Super Bit Mapping HDR
There are thousands of tones, shades and gradations of light in a sunset. Super Bit Mapping HDR reveals them. It creates smooth, natural 8K TV picture quality as you watch, without the "banding" that can occur on other TVs.
Dual database processing
One database is used to clean the picture, reducing on-screen noise. The other is used to upscale the resolution, improving clarity. These two powerful image improvement databases work together, dynamically improving pixels in real time. Each database has tens of thousands of references, amassed from our experience creating content for TV and movies over the years.
Chromecast built-in: Plays nice with your other devices
BRAVIA is Chromecast built-in so you can easily cast your favourite entertainment like YouTube or Netflix from your personal device on to the stunning BRAVIA screen. You can cast from Android, iOS, or your laptop.
Google Play: A world of content and apps
Discover movies and TV shows, games and much more from Google Play. Enjoy a huge and ever-growing choice of apps on your TV in a brand new way.
- Screen Size (cm, measured diagonally) 214.8 cm
- Screen Size (cm, measured diagonally) 214.8 cm
- Display resolution (H x V, pixels) 7680x4320
- Backlight type Direct LED (Backlight Master Drive)
- Wi-Fi Standard Wi-Fi Certified 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- USB playback codecs MPEG1:MPEG1/MPEG2PS:MPEG2/MPEG2TS(HDV,AVCHD):MPEG2,AVC/MP4(XAVC S):AVC,MPEG4,HEVC/AVI:Xvid,MotionJpeg/ASF(WMV):VC1/MOV:AVC,MPEG4,MotionJpeg/MKV:Xvid,AVC,MPEG4,VP8.HEVC/WEBM:VP8/3GPP:MPEG4,AVC/MP3/ASF(WMA)/WAV/MP4AAC/FLAC/JPEG;WEBM:VP9/AC4/ogg/AAC/ARW(Screen nail only)
- USB drive format support FAT16/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS
- Smartphone connectivity Chromecast built-inVideo & TV SideView (iOS/Android)
- RS-232C Input(s) No
- MHL No
- IF (Satellite) Connection Input(s) No
- HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC) Yes (eARC)
- HDCP HDCP2.3(for HDMI1/2/3/4)
- Bluetooth profile support Version 4.2;HID (mouse/keyboard connectivity)/HOGP (Low Energy device connectivity)/SPP(Serial Port Profile)/A2DP (stereo audio) /AVRCP (AV remote control)
- TV System (Digital Terrestrial) DVB-T/T2
- TV System (Digital Cable) -
- CI+ -
- Stand design Black
- USB ports 2 (Side) / 1 (Bottom)
- RF (Terrestrial/Cable) Connection Input(s) 1(Bottom)
- HDMI inputs total 4(1Side,3Bottom)
- Ethernet inputs 1(Bottom)
- Digital Audio Output(s) 1 (Bottom)
- Composite Video Input(s) 1 (Side)
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input(s) No
Picture and Audio Features
- Sound modes Standard,Dialog,Cinema,Music,Sports,Dolby Audio
- Picture modes Vivid,Standard,Cinema,Game,Graphics,Photo,Custom,Dolby Vision Bright,Dolby Vision Dark,Netflix calibrated
- Motion enhancer X-Motion Clarity, Auto mode
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) compatibility Yes(HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision)
- USB HDD Recording No
- Twin Picture No
- On/Off Timer Yes
- Electronic Program Guide (EPG) Yes
- HDMI-CEC Yes
Eco and energy saving
- Power Saving Mode / Back Light Off Mode Yes
- Power Consumption (in standby) 0.5W
- Power Consumption (in operation) 900W
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) – Terminals -
- Peak luminance ratio for EU -
- Mercury content(mg) -
- Presence of lead No
- Annual Power Consumption* 1818 kWh/Year
Dimensions and Weight
- Weight of TV with Floor Stand -
- Weight of Package Carton (Gross) Approx. 94 kg
- VESA® Hole Pitch(W x H) 400x400 mm
- Screen Size (inch, measured diagonally) 85\ (84.6\)
- Dimension of TV with Floor Stand (W x H x D) -
- Weight of TV without Stand Approx. 71.7 Kg
- Weight of TV with Stand Approx. 74.5 Kg
- Stand Width Approx. 1567 mm
- Released 2019
When you purchase a Sony product, you have the peace of mind in knowing that your product is covered by Sony's Standard Warranty provided by Sony Australia Limited (for Australian purchases) and Sony New Zealand Limited (for New Zealand purchases)
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- KD-85Z9G AZ1