85" KD-85Z8H 8K Ultra HD Full Array LED Television
- Zones of LEDs lit or dimmed independently for realistic brightness and shadow detail
- Picture Processor X1 Ultimate for unparalleled realism
- Take pictures closer to 8K with 8K X-Reality PRO
- Sound in harmony with picture for an immersive experience
Request a price match
An identical model
The product must be a matching brand, model number and colour to be eligible.
Available to purchase
We may match selected local retailers (including their online prices) once verified and item must in stock or pre-order online or in store.
Not shown on our exclusions list
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, competitor’s service prices, special or hourly sales, bonus buy offers.
See our full list of exclusions
A local retailer
The retailer must have a local business number (ABN/ACN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Find a Qualifying Product
While online, find a qualifying product from a local retailer's website that would like to request a price match from. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Fill out the form to request a Price Match
On selected pages, fill out the form and submit your request. Note, some models are excluded.
Please be prepared to direct our support staff to the ad or website that is displaying the current lower price you would like to match.
Should your price match request be successful, we will contact you and update your shopping cart. Make sure to create/sign into your account and add the product to cart to make this quicker.
Find a Qualifying Product
Find a qualifying product that you want Sony to price match from a local retailer. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Price Match In Store
Take your catalogue, flyer, or printed email into one of our Sony Stores to request a price match.
8K brilliance with immersive sound, incredibly real
Step into the breathtaking world of big screen 8K detail and see pictures precisely matched with a sound from screen experience. A slim and simple one slate design immerses you in the action.
Preserving the passion of the creators
To address colour variations from the production process, this TV is ready to use Portrait Displays' high-performance Calman auto-calibration software. This allows an unprecedented level of calibration and the ability to fine tune adjustments simply not possible through conventional picture settings. It delivers high-fidelity colour reproduction that's true to the original TV signal and can even adapt to the subtlest changes in colour that may occur over time. This TV is Calman Ready, allowing customers to benefit from software used by visual creators in post-production, quality-control workflows, further demonstrating our commitment to deliver pictures with professional-grade colour calibrated accuracy in the home.
Extraordinary resolution, whatever you're watching
Any kind of content can be upconverted to lifelike 8K resolution with Sony's unique features. Our X1 Ultimate, twice as fast as the X1 Extreme, precisely analyses and processes data to power 8K pictures with four times the resolution of 4K for scenes rich in depth, texture and detail. Even images filmed in 4K and 2K are upscaled close to 8K by 8K X-Reality PRO using a unique 8K database. Resolution of each subject is then optimised by Object-based Super Resolution to reproduce virtually real world textures.
Believe in true contrast, precisely controlled
Generating brightness on an 8K panel can be difficult due to its low transmission rate. This 8K TV precisely balances light output across the screen to ensure scenes are full of breathtaking contrast. With zones of LEDs lit independently, Full Array LED provides more realistic contrast by making light areas lighter and dark areas darker. Contrast is further enhanced by 8K X-tended Dynamic Range PRO, which adjusts brightness for higher peaks in glare and deeper blacks in shadow.
Reproduces a wider, more precise range of colours
By widening the colour spectrum, TRILUMINOS powered by our X1 processors reproduces more colours than a conventional television. It analyses and processes data in every image to make colours even more natural and precise so pictures are closer than ever to real life.
Beautiful colours from all sides
Watching TV from the sides is now as satisfying as from the centre. Sony's original optical design to control light from the backlight, the X-Wide Angle panel ensures colours stay true from wherever you're watching.
Making fast-moving scenes bright and clear
On some screens, sports and fast action scenes can seem to go by in a blur. Our latest X-Motion Clarity technology keeps everything smooth, bright and clear. Each 'blink' is individually controlled and its duration optimised, while brightness is boosted when needed, so you won't miss a thing.
Super Bit Mapping HDR
There are thousands of tones, shades and gradations of light in a sunset. Super Bit Mapping HDR reveals them. It creates smooth, natural 8K TV picture quality as you watch, without the "banding" that can occur on other TVs.
Object-based HDR remaster
With Object-based HDR remaster, the colour in individual objects on screen is analysed and the contrast adjusted, unlike most TVs where contrast is only adjusted along one black-to-white contrast curve. Because objects are remastered individually, this TV can reproduce greater depth, textures and more realistic pictures.
Dual database processing
One database is used to clean the picture, reducing on-screen noise. The other is used to upscale the resolution, improving clarity. These two powerful image improvement databases work together, dynamically improving pixels in real time. Each database has tens of thousands of references, amassed from our experience creating content for TV and movies over the years.
Hear sound from the right place in the scene
Sound on conventional TVs with a speaker located below the screen is often out of sync with the picture. Our Acoustic Multi-Audio includes a vibrating frame tweeter, a speaker that enables sound to follow the action for a truly immersive experience. Independent amps are controlled separately to precisely manage sound positioning of this speaker in high tone areas, enhancing sound pressure and stability for more realism.
Over 5000 apps, more than any other smart TV
Sony's Android TV has an unbeatable number of apps. Choose the ones that make your life more fun and entertaining.
No more waiting
Apps start fast and there's no more waiting when you switch between apps-Netflix starts 3x faster than before.
Our Android TVs are recommended by Netflix
Netflix have created an easy way for you to identify TVs with better performance, easier app access, and new features that make for a better smart TV. Netflix recommended TVs help you enjoy popular shows and movies with a dedicated button and voice control.
Control your TV and smart devices, remote free
You can ask your TV with the Google Assistant to connect and communicate with your smart devices including security cameras and appliances, no remote required. It's truly effortless and offers the ultimate hands-free experience.
Connect with your Alexa
Connect your Alexa enabled devices for seamless hands-free control of a Sony TV. With Alexa, you can power up your TV, change channels, control volume and more.
Works with Google Home
Connect Google Home for seamless hands-free control of a Sony TV. With Google Home, you can find and cast your favourite videos to your Sony TV, without lifting a finger.
See how our beautiful design immerses you in the action
Narrow aluminium bezelKeeps you focused on the picture, not the television.
Discrete stand, dual positionOur noise less stand sits discretely on a shelf and won't compromise your viewing experience. With wide and narrow settings, you can use it on large or small shelves.
Cable clutter minimisedCable holders keep wires neatly hidden so your television stays free of clutter and looks good from the front, the sides and the back.
- Display resolution (H x V, pixels) 7680x4320
- Backlight type Direct(Full Array LED)
- Display type LCD
- TV Viewing Angle Yes
- Clarity enhancement 8K X-Reality PRODual database processingObject-based Super Resolution
- Internet Browser Vewd
- Wi-Fi Standard Wi-Fi Certified 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- USB playback codecs MPEG1:MPEG1/MPEG2PS:MPEG2/MPEG2TS(HDV,AVCHD):MPEG2,AVC/MP4(XAVC S):AVC,MPEG4,HEVC/AVI:Xvid,MotionJpeg/ASF(WMV):VC1/MOV:AVC,MPEG4,MotionJpeg/MKV:Xvid,AVC,MPEG4,VP8.HEVC/WEBM:VP8/3GPP:MPEG4,AVC/MP3/ASF(WMA)/LPCM/WAV/MP4AAC/FLAC/JPEG;WEBM:VP9/AC4/ogg/AAC/ARW(Screen nail only)
- USB drive format support FAT16/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS
- RS-232C Input(s) No
- IF (Satellite) Connection Input(s) No
- HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC) Yes (eARC/ARC)
- HDCP HDCP2.3(for HDMI1/2/3/4)
- Bluetooth profile support Version 4.2;HID (mouse/keyboard connectivity)/HOGP (Low Energy device connectivity)/SPP(Serial Port Profile)/A2DP (stereo audio) /AVRCP (AV remote control)
- Chromecast Built-in Yes
- Apple AirPlay Yes
- Apple HomeKit Yes
- Features specified in HDMI 2.1 4K120/8K60/eARC
- TV System (Digital Terrestrial) DVB-T/T2
- TV System (Digital Cable) -
- CI+ -
- Stand design Premium Blade Stand
- USB ports 2(Side)/1(Bottom)
- RF (Terrestrial/Cable) Connection Input(s) 1(Bottom)
- HDMI inputs total 4(1Side,3Bottom)
- Ethernet inputs 1(Bottom)
- Digital Audio Output(s) 1(Bottom)
- Composite Video Input(s) 1(Side)
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input(s) No
- Audio Output(s) -
- Headphone Output(s) 1(Side)
- Subwoofer Output(s) -
Picture and Audio Features
- Sound modes Standard, Dialog, Cinema, Music, Sports, Dolby Audio
- Picture modes Vivid,Standard,Cinema,Game,Graphics,Photo,Custom,Dolby Vision Bright,Dolby Vision Dark,Netflix calibrated
- Motion enhancer X-Motion Clarity, Auto mode
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) compatibility Yes(HDR10,HLG,Dolby Vision)
- Audio Description (Audio Key) Yes
- Auto Calibration with Calman Yes
- TV Centre Speaker Mode Yes
- Speaker Configuration Mid Range x 2, Subwoofer x 2, Tweeter x 2
- Sensor Light
- Acoustic Auto Calibration Yes
- Voice Zoom Voice Zoom
- Netflix Calibrated Mode Yes
- USB HDD Recording No
- On/Off Timer Yes
- Electronic Program Guide (EPG) Yes
- HDMI-CEC Yes
Eco and energy saving
- Power Saving Mode / Back Light Off Mode Yes
- Power Consumption (in standby) 0.5W
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) – Terminals -
- Peak luminance ratio for EU -
- Mercury content(mg) 0.0 mg
- Presence of lead Yes
- Annual Power Consumption* 1657 kWh/Year
- Screen Size (cm, measured diagonally) 215 cm
Dimensions and Weight
- Weight of TV with Floor Stand -
- Weight of Package Carton (Gross) Approx. 81 kg
- VESA® Hole Pitch(W x H) 400x400 mm
- Dimension of TV with Floor Stand (W x H x D) -
- Weight of TV without Stand Approx. 65.6 kg
- Weight of TV with Stand Approx. 67.8 kg
- Stand Width Approx. 1920 mm
- Screen Size (cm, measured diagonally) 215 cm
- Released 2020
8K: 7,680 x 4,320 pixel.
3. Sound appears to come directly from the centre of the screen, closely matching pictures.
4. Actual look may differ depending on TV size.
5. "PlayStation,” “PS5,” and “DualSense” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
6. PS5™ game supporting 4K/120fps required.
7. Compared with 4K/60fps gaming.
8. 4K120 will be available via a future firmware update on BRAVIA TV.
9. Feature availability depends on model.
10. PS5™ game supporting 8K required.
11. Display of 8K game images from PS5™ will be available via a future firmware update on BRAVIA TV.
12. Screen images simulated. Days Gone is a PS4™ game.
13. ©2019 Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. Days Gone is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC.
14. This is the perceptible contrast level expanded by 8K X-tended Dynamic Range PRO technology, which is a unique figure calculated for the contrast that users actually feel and experience (XDR Contrast). This figure is based on our conventional TV without local dimming.
15. Dolby, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision, and the double-D symbol are among the registered and unregistered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories, Inc. in the Unites States and/or other countries.
16. Actual look may differ depending on the type of cable used and TV size.
17. Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended for SD services, 10 Mbps for HD streaming or 4K downloads, 20 Mbps for 4K Ultra HD streaming. Wireless connectivity requires 802.11 home network (802.11n recommended). Network services, content, and the operating system and software of this product may be subject to individual terms and conditions and changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information. Apps must be compatible with TV.
19. Hands Free feature availability depends on language and may need software update. Please check Sony support page for further information; https://www.sony.net/tv-hf-ww/.
20. Based on market research June 2019.
21. Compared with Sony's Android TV launched in 2016.
22. Remote design and specification may differ depending on country.
23. Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
24. AirPlay and HomeKit are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
25. Controllable device and feature depends on country and device.
26. Remote design and specification differ depending on country.
27. Requires CalMAN calibration software to be installed on your PC, a pattern generator, and a meter.
When you purchase a Sony product, you have the peace of mind in knowing that your product is covered by Sony's Standard Warranty provided by Sony Australia Limited (for Australian purchases) and Sony New Zealand Limited (for New Zealand purchases)
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- KD-85Z8H AZ1