- Fast 0.02 sec. AF performance, Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF
- High-resolution 4K movie recording and microphone jack
- 180º tiltable LCD touchscreen for selfies and vlogging
Versatile flash functions
When shooting with compatible wireless flash units, rear-curtain sync and slow sync can be selected - part of the camera's range of creative options for lighting.
One-touch remote, One-touch sharing, location information
The One-touch remote feature lets you use your mobile device as a viewfinder and remote control. One-touch sharing allows you to transfer photos and videos to a mobile device for social media sharing. The camera can also use your mobile phone's location data via Bluetooth to geo-tag your images. (These mobile device functions are available via Sony's Imaging Edge Mobile app.)
Imaging Edge desktop applications
Elevate your photography with the Imaging Edge desktop applications. Use "Remote" to control and monitor live shooting from your PC screen; "Viewer" to quickly preview, rate, and select photos from large image libraries; and "Edit" to develop RAW data into high-quality photos for delivery. Get the best from Sony RAW files, and manage your productions more efficiently.
Unparalleled AF performance for breathtaking shots
Fast, accurate autofocus captures fleeting moments in stunning detail, thanks to a combination of innovative technologies. A total of 425 phase-detection AF points work in conjunction with contrast-detection AF to achieve a remarkable 0.02-sec. acquisition speed, while High-density AF Tracking Technology reliably follows even erratically moving subjects.
Real-time Tracking maintains steady focus on your subject
When you're tracking a fast-moving subject, the camera's automatic motion tracker uses an AI subject recognition algorithm that draws on colour, pattern (brightness), subject distance (depth) and face/eye information to recognise and maintain focus on your subject.
Reliable Real-time Eye AF for better portrait shots
The camera's Real-time Eye AF system detects and autofocuses on the eyes of your subjects when you half-press the shutter, and you can even prioritise your subject's left or right eye. When AF-C is set it maintains a stable focus even when the face is partially hidden or backlit, or the subject is facing downwards.
Real-time Eye AF for animal
The subject-recognition technology used in Real-time Eye AF has been adapted to support animal as well as human. When activated, it provides fast, precise, automatic detection and tracking of animals' eyes, for better pet portraits and wildlife shots.
High-speed continuous shooting with AF/AE tracking
Capture every instant of fast-moving action with continuous shooting at up to 11fps, or 8fps in silent-shutter mode, and for up to 77 frames. Display lag has been minimised so, even in the live-view mode, up to 8fps can be precisely captured. Continuously shot images can conveniently be displayed in groups in playback mode.
Accurate autofocus even in dim lighting
Highly accurate autofocus is possible even in dark settings, thanks to the camera's sophisticated AF algorithm. High AF sensitivity means reliable AF-S autofocus all the way down to EV -2.
Versatile touch operations
The camera's LCD panel supports intuitive touch operations such as Touch Pad (to smoothly move the focus point), Touch Focus (to set the focus point), Touch Shutter (to release the shutter), and Touch Tracking (to activate Real-Time AF).
- Lens Compatibility Sony E-mount lenses
- ISO Sensitivity Still images: ISO 100-32000 (ISO numbers up to ISO 51200 can be set as expanded ISO range.), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit), Movies: ISO 100-32000 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
Number Of Pixels (Effective)
- Number Of Pixels (Effective) Approx. 24.2 megapixels
- Sensor Type APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6mm), Exmor CMOS sensor
- Screen Type 7.5cm (3.0-type) wide type TFT
- Continues Shooting Continuous shooting: Hi+: 11 fps, Hi: 8 fps, Mid: 6 fps, Lo: 3 fps
- AF Illuminator Built-in flash
Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images)
- Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images) Approx. 380 shots (Viewfinder) / Approx. 420 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Power consumption with Viewfinder Still images: approx. 2.3W (with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached), Movies: approx. 3.5W (with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- Supplied Battery One rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
- Viewfinder Type 1.0 cm (0.39 type) electronic viewfinder (colour)
Size and Weight
- Width (cm) 14.50
- Height (cm) 11.00
- Weight (kg) 0.83
- Carton Width (cm) 24.00
- Carton Height (cm) 18.50
- Carton Weight (kg) 5.00
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- ILCE-6100/S AP2