- Picture Processor X1 Ultimate for unparalleled realism
- Acoustic Multi-Audio for an immersive viewing experience
- X-Wide Angle ensures beautiful pictures from all sides
- Find entertainment by voice with Android TV
Object-based HDR remaster
With Object-based HDR remaster, the colour in individual objects on screen is analysed and the contrast adjusted, unlike most TVs where contrast is only adjusted along one black-to-white contrast curve. Because objects are remastered individually, this TV can reproduce greater depth, textures and more realistic pictures.
Object-based Super Resolution
Our TVs with Object-based Super Resolution technology detect individual objects in a picture and preserve detail on screen. Hundreds of objects are identified and their resolution individually enhanced to give a picture of exceptional accuracy and detail.
Super Bit Mapping HDR
There are thousands of tones, shades and gradations of light in a sunset. Super Bit Mapping HDR reveals them. It creates smooth, natural 4K TV picture quality as you watch, without the "banding" that can occur on other TVs.
Dual database processing
One database is used to clean the picture, reducing on-screen noise. The other is used to upscale the resolution, improving clarity. These two powerful image improvement databases work together, dynamically improving pixels in real time. Each database has tens of thousands of references, amassed from our experience creating content for TV and movies over the years.
Google Play: A world of content and apps
Discover movies and TV shows, games and much more from Google Play. Enjoy a huge and ever-growing choice of apps on your TV in a brand new way.
Clear Phase for smooth, balanced frequencies
BRAVIA uses a powerful computer model to analyse and compensate for inaccuracies in speaker response. It does this by 'sampling' the speaker frequency with higher precision. This information is fed back to cancel out any peaks or dips in the speaker's natural response - resulting in pure, natural audio with smooth, even reproduction of all frequencies.
Cinematic S-Force Front Surround
Enjoy an immersive soundstage that pulls you into the heart of the action. S-Force Front Surround mimics the way the brain correlates sound sources to create proper volume, time lag, and sound wave spectrum - using only left and right speaker channels. By naturally emulating three-dimensional sound fields, you'll enjoy rich, high-fidelity audio across a wider listening area.
Easy control with smart remote
Connect set top boxes and other devices via HDMI to your TV and control them all using one smart commander. A slimmer, more rounded design with built-in voice control microphone and enhanced button layout makes it really easy to use too.
Cables concealed, neat and tidy
Keep cables neatly hidden in the stand and held in place with the supplied cable holder.
Beautiful from any angle
A clean, minimalist design keeps you focused on what's important - the picture.
Our Acoustic Multi-Audio system adds two sound positioning tweeters in the rear of the TV to the bass reflex speakers for Sound-from-Picture Reality. With action and sound precisely aligned, your viewing becomes so much more immersive.
Make smart even smarter
You can ask your Google Assistant to find your favourites, no remote required. It's truly effortless and offers the ultimate hands-free viewing experience. Control your Sony's Android TV and other connected devices using your voice - there's no smarter way to run your life.
Works with Alexa
Connect your Alexa enabled devices for seamless hands-free control of a Sony TV. With Alexa, you can power up your TV, change channels, control volume and more.
Connect with Google Home
Connect Google Home for seamless hands-free control of a Sony TV. With Google Home, you can find and cast your favourite videos to your Sony TV, without lifting a finger.
Connect BLUETOOTH compatible devices to your TV for easy wire free entertainment. Pair your Bluetooth headphones or earphones with BRAVIA and enjoy TV shows and music in your favourite place - without any disturbances or interruptions.
Enjoy studio quality with Netflix Calibrated Mode
This mode was specially developed to enjoy Netflix originals and reproduce the same picture quality on a TV as on a studio evaluation master. With Netflix Calibrated Mode, the creator's vision and intent is faithfully preserved.
This TV is recommended by Netflix
Get a better streaming experience with a Netflix Recommended TV. A Netflix Recommended TV is chosen for its high performance, cutting edge smart features and easy app access.
Say what you want to see with voice search
Spend less time browsing, and more time watching. Voice search on Android TV provides you with the power of Google search, allowing you to find content across different services without the hassle of time-consuming text entry. You can also get recommendations; asking for "romantic comedies" for example, brings up a list of suitable options.
Chromecast built-in: Plays nice with your other devices
BRAVIA is Chromecast built-in so you can easily cast your favourite entertainment like YouTube or Netflix from your personal device on to the stunning BRAVIA screen. You can cast from Android, iOS, or your laptop.
Pictures and sound in perfect harmony
Be in the moment with true-to-life pictures and acoustics to match. Beautifully detailed images combine with our Sound-from-Picture Reality for a captivating audio-visual performance.
Picture Processor X1 Ultimate
With unmatched processing power, the Picture Processor X1 Ultimate detects hundreds of different objects on screen and intelligently enhances brightness, detail and colour so everything you watch is clear, bright and incredibly realistic.
Detail revealed through exceptional contrast
Enjoy beautiful night shots, full of dazzling lights and deeper blacks. With up to six times the contrast of conventional LED TVs, this 4K Ultra HD TV with X-tended Dynamic Range PRO ensures dark scenes are darker and bright scenes brighter.
Deeper blacks, superior contrast
By precisely balancing light output across the screen, dimming some areas, dark parts of scenes become blacker, allowing you to see more detail in shadow and enjoy improved contrast.
X-Wide Angle: Vibrant shades of colour from any viewing angle
See vivid real world colours, even from the sides, on this wide angle TV. Our X-Wide Angle technology allows the faithful shades and hues of the TRILUMINOS Display to be enjoyed from any angle.
Every movement, beautifully clear with X-Motion Clarity
Our X-Motion Clarity technology keeps fast action smooth and clear. Moving images are precisely controlled to minimise blur. Even during high speed scenes, pictures stay true with no loss in brightness.
TRILUMINOS Display: Extra colours, extra brilliance
See vivid real world colours all around you. A TRILUMINOS Display maps from a wider palette, faithfully reproducing every shade and hue in the umbrellas.
Rediscover the detail with 4K X-Reality PRO
With 4K X-Reality PRO, every image is upscaled closer to true 4K quality for remarkable clarity. Images are sharpened and refined in real time, revealing extra detail in the books and architecture of the library.
Big screen, dynamic experience
This Sony 4K HDR TV is designed for spectacular big screen viewing. Immersive pictures put you right at the heart of the action.
Embrace the thrills of the cinema
Enjoy cinematic thrills at home. Dolby Vision brings scenes vividly to life for authentic viewing, while Dolby Atmos fills the room with immersive surround sound.
- Screen Size (cm, measured diagonally) 138.8 cm
- Screen Size (cm, measured diagonally) 138.8 cm
- Display resolution (H x V, pixels) 3840x2160
- Backlight type Direct LED
- Wi-Fi Standard Wi-Fi Certified 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- USB playback codecs MPEG1:MPEG1/MPEG2PS:MPEG2/MPEG2TS(HDV,AVCHD):MPEG2,AVC/MP4(XAVC S):AVC,MPEG4,HEVC/AVI:Xvid,MotionJpeg/ASF(WMV):VC1/MOV:AVC,MPEG4,MotionJpeg/MKV:Xvid,AVC,MPEG4,VP8.HEVC/WEBM:VP8/3GPP:MPEG4,AVC/MP3/ASF(WMA)/WAV/MP4AAC/FLAC/JPEG;WEBM:VP9/AC4/ogg/AAC/ARW(Screen nail only)
- USB drive format support FAT16/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS
- Smartphone connectivity Chromecast built-inVideo & TV SideView (iOS/Android)
- RS-232C Input(s) No
- MHL No
- IF (Satellite) Connection Input(s) No
- HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC) Yes (eARC)
- HDCP HDCP2.3(for HDMI1/2/3/4)
- Bluetooth profile support Version 4.2;HID (mouse/keyboard connectivity)/HOGP (Low Energy device connectivity)/SPP(Serial Port Profile)/A2DP (stereo audio) /AVRCP (AV remote control)
- TV System (Digital Terrestrial) DVB-T/T2
- TV System (Digital Cable) -
- CI+ -
- Stand design Dark Silver
- USB ports 2 (Side) / 1 (Bottom)
- RF (Terrestrial/Cable) Connection Input(s) 1(Bottom)
- HDMI inputs total 4(1Side,3Bottom)
- Ethernet inputs 1(Bottom)
- Digital Audio Output(s) 1 (Bottom)
- Composite Video Input(s) 1 (Side)
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input(s) No
Picture and Audio Features
- Sound modes Standard,Dialog,Cinema,Music,Sports,Dolby Audio
- Picture modes Vivid,Standard,Cinema,Game,Graphics,Photo,Custom,Dolby Vision Bright,Dolby Vision Dark,Netflix calibrated
- Motion enhancer X-Motion Clarity, Auto mode
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) compatibility Yes(HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision)
- Auto Calibration with Calman Yes
- TV Centre Speaker Mode -
- Speaker Configuration Full Range (Bass Reflex) x2, Tweeter x2
- USB HDD Recording No
- Twin Picture No
- On/Off Timer Yes
- Electronic Program Guide (EPG) Yes
- HDMI-CEC Yes
Eco and energy saving
- Power Saving Mode / Back Light Off Mode Yes
- Power Consumption (in standby) 0.5W
- Power Consumption (in operation) 235W
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) – Terminals -
- Peak luminance ratio for EU -
- Mercury content(mg) -
- Presence of lead No
- Annual Power Consumption* 540 kWh/Year
Dimensions and Weight
- Weight of TV with Floor Stand -
- Weight of Package Carton (Gross) Approx. 26 kg
- VESA® Hole Pitch(W x H) 300x300 mm
- Screen Size (inch, measured diagonally) 55\ (54.6\)
- Dimension of TV with Floor Stand (W x H x D) -
- Weight of TV without Stand Approx. 18 Kg
- Weight of TV with Stand Approx. 19.1 Kg
- Stand Width Approx. 1018 mm
- Released 2019
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- KD-55X9500G AZ1