Alpha 7 II Digital E-Mount Camera with Full Frame Sensor (Body only)
Request a price match
An identical model
The product must be a matching brand, model number and colour to be eligible.
Available to purchase
We may match selected local retailers (including their online prices) once verified and item must in stock or pre-order online or in store.
Not shown on our exclusions list
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, competitor’s service prices, special or hourly sales, bonus buy offers.
See our full list of exclusions
A local retailer
The retailer must have a local business number (ABN/ACN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Find a Qualifying Product
While online, find a qualifying product from a local retailer's website that would like to request a price match from. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Fill out the form to request a Price Match
On selected pages, fill out the form and submit your request. Note, some models are excluded.
Please be prepared to direct our support staff to the ad or website that is displaying the current lower price you would like to match.
Should your price match request be successful, we will contact you and update your shopping cart. Make sure to create/sign into your account and add the product to cart to make this quicker.
Find a Qualifying Product
Find a qualifying product that you want Sony to price match from a local retailer. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Price Match In Store
Take your catalogue, flyer, or printed email into one of our Sony Stores to request a price match.
Imaging Edge Webcam lets you connect your Sony camera to your personal computer, and use the camera as a webcam with a livestreaming/web conferencing service.
New handheld freedom
Now you can fully express your vision with full-frame quality and cutting-edge camera shake compensation compatible with wide-ranging lenses.
Learn and be inspired while exploring our Image Gallery. Images are captured on Sony cameras and lenses.
- Full-frame camera with 5-axis image stabilisation
- Fast and effective, enhanced Fast Hybrid AF
- 24.3 MP 35mm full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor
Robust magnesium alloy body
The remarkably compact and lightweight body is solidly built to withstand the rigors of shooting in the field. It's the ideal blend of light weight, solid reliability and steady handling, thanks to a top cover, front cover and internal structure constructed of rigid magnesium alloy.
Supports 14-bit uncompressed RAW format
New compatibility with 14-bit uncompressed RAW format lets you choose the optimal format for your needs. The camera thereby ensures supreme quality of tonal gradation to maximise the benefit of the image sensor's wide dynamic range.
Automatic optimization for every a lens
Confidently use your favorite E-mount and A-mount lenses, knowing the a7 II will analyze information from the lens to optimize depiction performance and 5-axis image stabilization for the particular lens you mount. When using E-mount lenses with optical stabilization (OSS), the a7 II combines the best of in-lens and in-camera image stabilization.
Lock-on AF tracking
It's easy to keep moving subjects in focus with enhanced Lock-on AF, which analyzes even more information from the scene to ensure usage of the optimal AF point for smooth, stable autofocusing. Its ability to detect and track moving subjects has now been significantly improved, thanks to Sony's advanced proprietary image analysis technology.
Detail reproduction technology and diffraction-reducing technology
Detail reproduction technology depicts details more faithfully with a more natural sense of dimension, while diffraction-reducing technology suppresses the effects of diffraction to faithfully reproduce fine details even when shooting at small aperture settings.
Area-specific noise reduction
Area-specific noise reduction selectively divides the image into areas based on patterns (such as edges, textures and flat areas like blue skies), then applies the most appropriate noise reduction for each area to markedly reduce noise and achieve a new level of clarity.
Supported in Capture One Express (for Sony)
Capture One Express (for Sony) is one of the world's best RAW converters, rendering precise colours and incredible detail. It contains flexible digital asset management, all the essential adjustment tools and fast, responsive performance in one customizable and integrated solution. * Please direct all inquiries on purchase, usage and support on Capture One solutions to Phase One.
5fps AF/AE shooting with accurate tracking
When your subject is moving fast, you can beautifully capture the decisive moment with sharp, well-exposed results via 5fps continuous AF/AE shooting. A dramatically improved algorithm accurately predicts subject movement so you can steadfastly track the subject even when shooting continuously.
Pro-quality XAVC S format
For extremely high image quality and minimal noise, record movies in the high-bit-rate XAVC S format, which was developed based on the professional XAVC 4K/HD format. It enables Full HD (1920 x 1080) image recording at 50Mbps (60p/50p, 30p/25p, 24p) and employs linear PCM sound for high-quality sound recording.
Full-frame expression without the bulk
The a7 II packs powerful moviemaking capabilities in extremely compact dimensions. You can create movies of breathtaking visual and sound quality with exquisite background blur, remarkably clear details, and the sensitivity to bring dark scenes to vibrant life. Features like Picture Profile and P/A/S/M modes further expand your creative options.
Easy button customization
Button customization empowers you to shoot just the way you like, with frequently used functions assigned to the customizable buttons of your choice. You can easily assign any of 56 functions to any of 10 buttons to enjoy speedier, more intuitive operation and maximum convenience.
- Lens Compensation Peripheral shading, chromatic aberration, distortion
- Face Detection On/On (Regist. Faces)/Off
- Digital zoom (Still Image) 35mm full frame: up to 8x\nAPS-C: up to 8x
- Digital zoom (Movie) 35mm full frame: Approx 4x. APS-C: Approx 4x.
- Clear Image Zoom Still / Movie: Approx. 2x
- Lens Compatibility E-mount
- Lens Mount E-mount
- Sensor 35 mm full frame (35.8 x 23.9mm) Exmor CMOS sensor
- Image Sensor Aspect Ratio 3:2
- Sensor Type Full Frame
- ISO Sensitivity ISO 50-25600
Number Of Pixels (Effective)
- Number Of Pixels (Effective) 24.3 MP
- Number of Pixels (total) 24.7MP
- Shutter Speed Still images: 1/8000 to 30 sec., Bulb\nMovies: 1/8000 to 1/4 (1/3 step), Up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto Slow Shutter mode)
- Total Number of Dots 1,228,800 dots
- Peaking MF Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, colour: White/Red/Yellow)
- Focus Magnifier 35mm full frame: 5.9x, 11.7x, APS-C: 3.8x, 7.7x
- Brightness Control (LCD) Manual ( 5 steps between -2 and +2 ), Sunny Weather mode
- Screen Type 3.0 inches (7.5 cm) TFT LCD
- Speaker Built-in, monaural
- Microphone Built-in stereo microphone or ECM-XYST1M / XLR-K1M (sold separately)
- Custom Function Type Custom key settings\nProgrammable Setting
- Drive Modes Single shooting, Continuous shooting, Self-timer (10/2 sec. delay selectable), Self-timer (Cont.) (10 sec. delay\n 3/5 exposures selectable), Bracketing (Cont., Single, White Balance, DRO)
- Continues Shooting 5 fps (in High Continuous Shooting)
- Metering Type 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Sensor Exmor\ CMOS sensor\
- Metering Sensitivity EV -1 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Metering Mode Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Exposure Modes AUTO (iAUTO, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Movie
- Auto (AE) Bracketing Cont./Bracket: Single, With 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1.0 EV, 2.0 EV, 3.0 EV increments, 3/5 frames selectable
- AE Lock Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Available with AE lock button. (On/Off/Auto)
- Flash Modes Off\nAutoflash\nFill-flash\nSlow Sync.\nRear Sync.\nRed-eye reduction (on/off selectable)\nWireless\nHi-speed sync.
- Flash Control (with optional external flash) Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Compensation +/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- FE Level Lock YES
- External Flash Compatibility Sony a System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe, attach the shoe adaptor for flash compatible with Auto-lock accessory shoe
- Focus Type Fast Hybrid AF(phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Sensor Exmor\ CMOS sensor\
- Focus Sensitivity Range EV-1 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Focus Point 35mm full frame: 117 points (phase-detection AF)\nAPS-C: 99 points (phase-detection AF) / 25 points (conotrast-detection AF)
- Focus Area Wide (117 points (phase-detection AF), 25 points(contrast-detection AF))\nZone\nCenter\nFlexible Spot (S/M/L)\nLock-on AF ( Wide / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L))
- AF Mode Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus
- AF Illuminator range Approx. 0.3m - Approx. 3.0m (with FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS attached)
- AF Illuminator Yes (with Built-in LED type)
- PC Interface Mass-storage, MTP, PC remote
- Others Microphone terminal (3.5mm Stereo minijack), Headphone terminal (3.5mm Stereo minijack), Vertical Grip Connector
- NFC™ YES
- Multi Interface Shoe Yes
- Interfaces Multi/Micro USB TerminalMulti Interface ShoeMicrophone minijackHeadphone minijackVertical Grip Connector
- HD Output HDMI micro connector (Type-D), BRAVIA Sync (link menu), PhotoTV HD, 4K still image playback
- Noise Reduction Long exposure\nHigh ISO NR
- Multi Frame NR Auto/ISO 100 to 51200
- White Balance Modes Auto WB, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight), Flash, Colour Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & Colour Filter (G7 to M7: 15 steps, A7 to B7: 15 steps), Custom, Underwater
- AWB Micro Adjustment G7 to M7 (15 steps), A7 to B7 (15 steps)
- Playback Modes Single (with or without shooting information Y RGB histogram & highlight/shadow warning)\n9/25-frame index view\nEnlarged display mode (L: 18.8x, M: 12.3x, S: 9.4x, Panorama (Standard): 25.6x, Panorama (Wide): 38.8x)\nAuto Review (10/5/2 sec,Off)\nImage orientation (Auto/Manual/Off selectable)\nSlideshow\nPanorama scrolling\nFolder selection (Date/ Still/ MP4/ AVCHD/XAVC S)\nForward/Rewind (movie)\nDelete\nProtect
Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images)
- Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images) Up to 350 shots
- Supplied Battery NP-FW50 W-series Rechargeable Battery Pack
- External Power AC Adaptor AC-PW20 (optional)
- Battery Life (CIPA, Movies) Actual: Approx. 60 min. with viewfinder, approx. 65 min. with LCD screen (CIPA standard)\nContinuous: Approx. 100 min. with viewfinder, approx. 100 min. with LCD screen (CIPA standard)
- Compatible Standards Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF setting
- Video Compression XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264\nAVCHD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264\nMP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Recording Format (Movie) AVCHD 2.0 / MP4 / XAVC S (up to 1920 x 1080/60p 50Mbps)
- Movie Functions Audio Level Display, Audio Rec Level, Auto Slow Shutter, HDMI info. Display (On/Off selectable), Time Code/User Bit, Dual Video Rec, Auto Slow Shutter, Record Control
- Audio Recording Format AVCHD / MP4 / XAVC S
Recording (still images)
- RAW Output 14 bit
- Picture Effect Posterization (Colour)\nPosterization (B/W)\nPop Colour\nRetro Photo\nPartial Colour (R/G/B/Y)\nHigh Contrast Monochrome\nToy Camera(Normal/Cool/Warm/Green/Magenta)\nSoft High-key
- Image Size (pixels), Sweep Panorama Wide: horizontal 12,416 x 1,856 (23M), vertical 5,536 x 2,160 (12M)\nStandard: horizontal 8,192 x 1,856 (15M), vertical 3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M)
- Image Size (pixels), 3:2 35mm full frame L: 6000 x 4000 (24M), M: 3936 x 2624 (10M), S: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M)\nAPS-C L: 3936 x 2624 (10M), M: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M), S: 1968 x 1312 (2.6M)
- Image Size (pixels), 16:9 35mm full frame L: 6000 x 3376 (20M), M: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M), S: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M)\nAPS-C L: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M), M: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M), S: 1968 x 1112 (2.2M)
- Image Quality Modes RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Extra fine, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- Dynamic Range Functions Off\nDynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level (1-5))\nAuto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1-6 EV, 1.0 EV step))
- Creative Style Standard\nVivid\nNeutral\nClear\nDeep\nLight\nPortrait\nLandscape\nSunset\nNight Scene\nAutumn Leaves\nBlack & White\nSepia\nStyle Box
- Compatible Recording Media Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD memory card, SDHC memory card (UHS-I compliant), SDXC memory card (UHS-I compliant)
- Number of Dots 2 359 296 dots
- Magnification Approx. 0.71 x (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m)
- Field Coverage 100%
- Eye Point Approx. 27mm from the eyepiece lens, 22mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m<sup>-1</sup>(CIPA standard)
- Dioptre Adjustment -4.0 to +3.0m
- Brightness Control (Viewfinder) Auto / Manual ( 5 steps between -2 and +2 )
- Viewfinder Type 0.5\-type electronic viewfinder (colour)
- Wireless and Network Capabilities Wi-FiNFC One-touch functionalityDownloadable Camera Apps
- Web Camera Compatible Yes
Size and Weight
- Carton Width (cm) 15.00
- Carton Height (cm) 24.00
- Carton Weight (kg) 3.00
When you purchase a Sony product, you have the peace of mind in knowing that your product is covered by Sony's Standard Warranty provided by Sony Australia Limited (for Australian purchases) and Sony New Zealand Limited (for New Zealand purchases)
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- ILCE-7M2/BQ AP2