RX100 VII Ultra Fast Broad Zoom Camera with Real-time Tracking and Eye AF
Request a price match
An identical model
The product must be a matching brand, model number and colour to be eligible.
Available to purchase
We may match selected local retailers (including their online prices) once verified and item must in stock or pre-order online or in store.
Not shown on our exclusions list
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, competitor’s service prices, special or hourly sales, bonus buy offers.
See our full list of exclusions
A local retailer
The retailer must have a local business number (ABN/ACN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Find a Qualifying Product
While online, find a qualifying product from a local retailer's website that would like to request a price match from. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Fill out the form to request a Price Match
On selected pages, fill out the form and submit your request. Note, some models are excluded.
Please be prepared to direct our support staff to the ad or website that is displaying the current lower price you would like to match.
Should your price match request be successful, we will contact you and update your shopping cart. Make sure to create/sign into your account and add the product to cart to make this quicker.
Find a Qualifying Product
Find a qualifying product that you want Sony to price match from a local retailer. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Price Match In Store
Take your catalogue, flyer, or printed email into one of our Sony Stores to request a price match.
You May Also Like
Broad zoom range and superior speed performance
Inside its compact body the RX100 VII is packed with everything it takes to deliver gorgeous images. The 24–200 mm zoom lens is complemented by 0.02-sec. Super fast AF, new Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF, plus enhanced image stabilization and an external microphone jack for high-quality movie shooting.
Learn and be inspired while exploring our Image Gallery. Images are captured on Sony cameras and lenses.
- New 1.0 type stacked CMOS sensor and ZEISS 24-200mm lens
- Wide and ultra-fast AF, with Eye AF and 20fps shooting
- 4K HDR (HLG) movies, flip touch screen and mic input
Anti-distortion shutter with silent shooting option
The Anti-distortion electronic shutter achieves speeds as fast as 1/32000 sec., while fast data readout from the image sensor reduces distortion for fast-moving subjects. You can also mute the camera's shutter in noise-sensitive scenes, such as candid portraits and animal photos, to avoid distracting shutter clicks and capture subjects in a natural state.
4K HDR (HLG) video recording
When shooting 4K (QFHD resolution: 3840 x 2160) movies the RX100 VII uses full pixel readout, without pixel binning, and 1.7x oversampling to provide outstanding resolution with reduced moire and jaggies. The XAVC S video format supports high-bitrate recording (max. 100Mbps) and, with HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) capability, you can enjoy HDR images simply by connecting the camera to an HDR (HLG) compatible Sony TV via a USB cable.
Enhanced Fast Hybrid AF and Real-time Tracking for movies
Thanks to the evolution of Auto-Focus (AF) algorithms, AF capability for movie shooting has been improved in speed, accuracy, and tracking performance, including better results in dimly lit settings. Autofocus optimises the camera's focus according to the subject, and when Real-time Tracking is activated you can start tracking simply by selecting the subject on the touchscreen, even for movies. AF drive speed and AF tracking sensitivity are adjustable, so you can fine-tune the focus transitions to match the scene.
Real-time Eye AF for people during movie recording
For the first time in RX series cameras, the RX100 VII can detect and track people's eyes during movie recording, maintaining sharp and steady focus as the subject moves. Focus is set and maintained automatically, so you can concentrate on framing your shots. The feature can be used in conjunction with Touch Tracking - simply touch the corresponding point on the touchscreen to focus on either the subject's left eye or right eye, or switch between eyes.
Enhanced image stabilisation for movies
The camera's image-stabilisation system has evolved to use "Active" mode during 4K movie recording, and thanks to advancements in the camera's algorithms the image stabilisation effect in HD movie shooting is also enhanced in every shooting mode, with more effective results than were previously available. You can additionally use the Imaging Edge Movie Edit add-on mobile app to achieve ultra-smooth images similar to what you would see when using a gimbal.
External microphone jack
Even though the camera is compact, it includes a newly added jack that can be used to attach external microphones. The standard 3.5mm input enables the use of high-end microphones for professional audio capture for movies and vlogs.
Vertical-format movie recording
The camera supports movie recording in vertical format with embedded metadata indicating the camera's orientation. This means that movie clips in this format that are transferred to smartphones can be played back and used as is, without needing to rotate them from horizontal format.
Interval Shooting for time-lapse movies
Interval Shooting with a set interval of 1 to 60 seconds is now available within the camera. The resulting still images can be edited into a time-lapse movie on a PC in post production. A simple variable-speed preview function allows a draft of the time-lapse movie to be viewed on the camera.
Super slow motion at up to 40x slower speed
The stacked CMOS sensor enables an extra-high frame rate of up to 960fps/1000fps, so even when shooting at 200mm telephoto it's possible to record impressive close-up super slow-motion footage. The frame rate and recording setting can be set independently for slow-motion playback speeds from 1/4 to 1/40th of real-time speed, and can be captured using either start or end triggers to record even the most fleeting of moments.
Support for professional movie-recording workflows
For more demanding productions, the camera supports a range of movie functions more typically found in professional equipment, including S-Log3 and S-Log2 gamma curves. The wide dynamic range and colour space available using these S-Log profiles is perfect for camera matching and minimising blown-out highlights or lost shadow detail. Additional options for Picture Profile and Creative Style are also available, along with advanced features like Gamma Display Assist, Zebra metering, a Clean HDMI output with Rec Control, timecode, and Proxy recording. There's everything a video professional could need in day-to-day work situations.
Custom functions for improved operability
Function Menu items can be set independently for still and movie shooting, and help displays are available on the menu screen. The My Menu feature allows for the flexible assignment of 30 menu items, and frequently used functions can also be assigned to the control dial and control wheel with My Dial.
Ratings, protection, and continuous shooting groups
In playback mode, still images can be given a rating or protected from deletion, and these functions can conveniently be assigned to custom keys. Continuously shot images can be displayed in the groups in which they were shot, and groups of shots can be deleted or protected with one operation. You can now also select from four different continuous shooting display styles, for the viewfinder or LCD monitor, according to your preference.
More efficient control of settings with an improved user interface
To make your shooting even more fluid and efficient, frequently used ISO ranges and focus-area types are given prominence in their settings screens. The Flexible Spot focusing mode has been simplified to shift through the frame faster - ideal for sporting scenes where the subject often shifts position. In addition, the focus frame can now be switched between red and white to enhance its visibility in diverse shooting environments, and a blue indicator has been added for focus peaking - ideal for warm-coloured subjects.
Expanded possibilities with Imaging Edge Mobile
Use the free Imaging Edge Mobile app to start and stop movie recording and capture stills remotely from your smartphone or tablet using built-in Wi-Fi. Captured images and 4K movies can also be wirelessly transferred to your device for easy sharing, and the camera can even use your smartphone's location data to tag your images via a Bluetooth connection. And thanks to the auto background transfer function, remotely shot still images can be transferred automatically from the camera to a smartphone while shooting.
Imaging Edge Remote, Viewer, and Edit
Elevate your photography with Imaging Edge desktop applications. Use "Remote" to control and monitor shooting live on your PC screen; "Viewer" to quickly preview, rate, and select photos from large image libraries; and "Edit" to develop RAW data into high-quality photos for delivery. Get the best from Sony RAW files, and manage your productions more efficiently.
One-push Access viewfinder
The XGA OLED Tru-Finder offers sharp resolution (2.35-milliion-dot equivalent), bright self-illumination and high contrast, making it excellent for previewing shots and adjusting settings. Electronic viewfinder eyepiece optics reduce unwanted reflections and ensure corner-to-corner visibility. Depressing the pop-up switch on the side of the body makes the viewfinder instantly available, and it can be retracted just as quickly when not in use.
180º-tiltable LCD screen with versatile touch operation
The high-resolution 921k-dot LCD has a 3.0-type screen which tilts upwards 180º and downwards around 90º, for easy framing of self portraits and high- and low-angle shooting. Touch operations include Touch Shutter (to release the shutter), Touch Focus (to set the focus point), Touch Tracking (to activate focus tracking for the selected subject), and Touch Pad (to smoothly move the focus point).
Broad zoom capability in a compact bodyThe high-magnification 24-200mm zoom lens delivers superb image quality. Engineered to achieve maximum resolution and clarity across the entire zoom range, it brings remarkable telephoto capability to a pocket-size package, vastly expanding your options for creative expression.
Pocket-full of lensesThe ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm2 F2.8-4.5 zoom lens covers a broad span of zoom ranges equivalent to two standard zoom lenses (24-70mm and 70-200mm), all in a very compact configuration.
High-resolution opticsThe camera's lens elements include four AA (advanced aspherical) lenses and two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements. These work together to achieve superb resolution right out to the periphery of the image, and throughout the telephoto range.
A new image sensor designed for speedThe newly developed, 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor and the latest BIONZ X™ image-processing engine open new dimensions in speed and image quality.
- Number of Pixels (Effective) Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Type 1.0-type (13.2mm x 8.8mm) Exmor RS CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- Adjustable Angle Up by approx. 180 degrees, down by approx. 90 degrees
- Display Selector (Finder/Lcd) Auto/EVF(Manual)/Monitor(Manual)
- MS Assist Magnification 5.3x, 10.7x
- Screen Type 7.5cm(3.0type)(4:3) / 921,600 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- Clear Image Zoom 20M Approx. 16x / 10M Approx. 22x / 5.0M Approx. 32x / VGA Approx. 121x
- Clear Image Zoom Movie Movie 4K: Approx. 12x / HD: Approx. 16x
- Digital Zoom (Movie) Approx. 32x
- Digital Zoom (Still Image) 20M Approx. 32x / 10M Approx. 44x / 5.0M Approx. 64x / VGA Approx. 121x
- F-number (Maximum Aperture) F2.8(W)-4.5(T)
- Focal length f=9.0-72mm
- Focus Range (From the Front to the Lens) AF (W: Approx. 8cm (0.27 ft.) to Infinity, T: Approx. 100cm (3.29 ft.) to Infinity)
- Lens type ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens, 15 elements in 12 groups (8 aspheric elements including AA lens)
- ND-filter -
- Aperture iAuto(F2.8/F11(W)) / Program Auto(F2.8/F11(W)) / Manual(F2.8/F11(W)) / Shutter Priority(F2.8/F11(W)) / Aperture Priority(F2.8/F11(W))
- Bracketing Yes
- Built-in Flash Range ISO Auto: Approx.0.4m to 5.9m (1.31 ft. to 19.35 ft.) (W) / Approx. 1.0m to 3.1m (3.28 ft. to 10.17 ft.) (T), ISO12800: up to Approx. 12.4m (40.68 ft.) (W) / Approx. 7.0m (22.96 ft.) (T)
- Continuous Shooting Speed (Maximum) (Maximum Number of Recording Pixels) [AUTO/Electronic Shutter] Continuous Shooting Hi: approx. 20 fps, Continuous Shooting Mid: approx. 10 fps, Continuous Shooting Low: approx. 5.0 fps, Single Burst Shooting Hi: approx. 90fps, Single Burst Shooting Mid: approx. 60fps, Single Burst Shooting Low: approx. 30fps [Mechanical Shutter] Continuous Shooting Hi: -, Continuous Shooting Mid: approx. 10 fps, Continuous Shooting Low: approx. 3.0 fps
- Creative Style Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box
- Focus Type Single, Continuous shooting, Single Burst Shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer(cont.), Cont.-bracketing, Single-bracketing, White balance bracketing, DRO bracketing
- Dynamic Range Functions Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1.0-6.0EV, 1.0EV step)
- Exposure Compensation +/- 3.0EV, 1/3EV step
- Flash Mode Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Rear Sync / Flash Off
- Focus Area Wide (357 points (phase-detection AF), 425 points(contrast-detection AF)), Zone, Center, Flexible Spot (S/M/L), Expanded Flexible Spot, Tracking (Wide/Zone/Center/Flexible Spot(S/M/L)/Expanded Flexible Spot)
- Focus Mode Single-shot AF, Automatic AF, Continuous AF, DMF, Manual Focus
- Focus Type Fast Hybrid AF(phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF)
- Image Control Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Creative Style, Color Space(sRGB / Adobe RGB), Quality(RAW / RAW&JPEG (Extra fine, Fine, Standard) / JPEG (Extra fine, Fine, Standard)
- Image Processor Yes (BIONZ X)
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie) Auto:(ISO100Level-ISO12800Level, selectable with upper / lower limit), 100/125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image) Auto(ISO100-12800, selectable with upper / lower limit), 100/125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 (Extendable to ISO64/80), Multi-Frame NR:Auto(ISO100-12800), 100/200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/25600
- Light Metering Mode Multi Pattern, Center Weighted, Spot, Entire Screen Avg, Highlight
- Noise Reduction Long exposure NR:On/Off, available of shutter speeds longer than 1/3 sec., high ISO NR:Normal/Low/Off, Multi Frame NR: Auto, ISO100-25600
- Number of Recognised Scenes [Still Image]:Superior Auto: 44 / iAuto: 33, [Movie]:44
- Panorama (Shooting) Sweep Panorama
- Photo Creativity -
- Picture Effect [Still Image]:Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration, [Movie]:Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono.
- Picture Profile off/PP1-PP10(Black Level, Gamma(Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-log3, HLG, HLG1, HLG2, HLG3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset)
- Scene Selection Portrait, Sports Action, Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Handheld Twilight, Night Portrait, Anti Motion Blur, Pet Mode, Gourmet, Fireworks, High Sensitivity
- Self-Timer 10sec. / 5sec. / 2sec. / 3 or 5 consecutive shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable / Bracketing shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable / Single Burst shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable
- Shooting Mode AUTO(Intelligent Auto/Superior Auto), Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, MR(Memory Recall) [body 3 sets / memory card 4 sets], Movie Mode(Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), HFR Mode(Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), Panorama, Scene Selection
- Shutter Speed iAuto(4\ - 1/2000) / Program Auto(30\ - 1/2000) / Manual(Bulb, 30\ - 1/2000) / Aperture Priority(30\ - 1/2000) / Shutter Priority(30\ - 1/2000)
- Steadyshot Optical
- WB Micro Adjustment Yes(G7 to M7,57-step)(A7 to B7,29-step)
- White Balance Modes Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluor.: Warm White, Fluor.: Cool White, Fluor.: Day White, Fluor.: Daylight, Flash, Underwater Auto, C.Temp./Filter, Custom
- AF Illuminator Auto / Off
- Flash Type Built-in, manual pop-up
- Bluetooth Yes (Bluetooth Standard Ver. 4.1 (2.4GHz band))
- Input and Output Terminals Multi/Micro USB Terminal, Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI, Microphone jack (3.5mm Stereo mini jack)
- Interface Yes
- NFC NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- WI-FI Yes(IEEE802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band))
- 4K Image Output Yes
- Operating Temperature 0 degrees C. - +40 degrees C. / 32 degrees F. - 104 degrees F.
- Playback Functions BRAVIA Sync(Control for HDMI), 9/25-frame index view, Auto Orientation, Slide Show, Forward/Rewind (Movie), Delete, Protect, Motion Shot Video, Beatuty Effect, Photo Capture, Rating, Automatic Image Rotation
- PlayMemories Camera Apps -
- Shooting Functions Face Detection, Face Registration, Still Image Recording (during movie recording), Smile shutter, Grid Line, Quick Navi, Digital Level Gauge (pitch and roll), WB Bracket, DRO Bracketing, MF Assist, Peaking (Display: Off/On) (Level: High/Mid/Low) (Color: Red/Yellow/Blue/White), Zebra, Marker Display, Audio Rec Level, Audio Level Display, Step Zoom / Quick Zoom, Self-portrait timer, TC/UB, Copyright Info, ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed, PC Remote Controll, Gamma Disp. Assist, [Mov]AF Tracking Sensitivity, [Mov]AF Drive Speed, Set File Name, Touch Shutter/Touch Focus/Touch Tracking, Touch Pad, My Menu, My Dial
- Triluminos Color Color Yes
- Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images) Monitor:Approx. 260 / Approx. 130min., Monitor (When Auto Monitor off is set to 2sec):Approx. 310 / Approx. 155min., ViewFinder:Approx. 240 / Approx. 120min.
- Battery Life Movies (actual shooting) Monitor:Approx. 40min., ViewFinder:Approx. 40min.
- Battery Life Movies (continuous shooting) Monitor:Approx. 70min., ViewFinder:Approx. 70min.
- Battery System Rechargeable battery pack (NP-BX1)
- Power Consumption (Camera Mode) Approx. 2.1W with LCD monitor and approx. 2.3W with viewfinder(CIPA standard)
- Power source DC3.6V(supplied battery) / DC5.0V(supplied AC Adaptor)
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- Print Exif Print, PRINT Image Matching (PIM3)
- Recording Format sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Compatible Recording Media [XAVC S(100Mbps)] SDXC/SDHC Memory Card (UHS-I U3 or higher); [XAVC S(60Mbps/50Mbps)] SDXC/SDHC Memory Card (Class 10 or higher); [AVCHD/Still image] Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick Micro, Memory Stick Micro(Mark2), SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Card (Class 4 or higher), micro SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Card (Class 4 or higher)
- DCF DPOF DCF/DPOF/EXIF/MPF
- Input and Output Terminals Recording: NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode \nXAVC S HD:50p 50M(1,920x1,080/250fps), 50p 50M(1,920x1,080/500fps), 50p 50M(1,920x1,080/1000fps) / 25p 50M(1,920x1,080/250fps), 25p 50M(1,920x1,080/500fps), 25p 50M(1,920x1,080/1000fps), NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] mode \nXAVC S HD:60p 50M(1,920x1,080/240fps), 60p 50M(1,920x1,080/480fps), 60p 50M(1,920x1,080/960fps) / 30p 50M(1,920x1,080/240fps), 30p 50M(1,920x1,080/480fps), 30p 50M(1,920x1,080/960fps) / 24p 50M(1,920x1,080/240fps), 24p 50M(1,920x1,080/480fps), 24p 50M(1,920x1,080/960fps)\nSensor Readout\nNumber of effective pixels: Quality Priority:240fps/250fps(1,824x1,026),480fps/500fps(1,824x616),960fps/1000fps(1,244x420)/Shoot Time Priority:240fps/250fps(1,824x616),480fps/500fps(1,292x436),960fps/1000fps(912x308)
- Movie Recording Mode (NTSC) NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] AVCHD: 24M FX(1,920x1,080/60i) / 17M FH(1,920x1,080/60i), XAVC S 4K: 30p 100M(3,840x2,160/30p) / 30p 60M(3,840x2,160/30p) / 24p 100M(3,840x2,160/24p) / 24p 60M(3,840x2,160/24p), XAVC S HD:60p 50M(1,920x1,080/60p) / 60p 25M(1,920x1,080/60p) / 30p 50M(1,920x1,080/30p) / 30p 16M(1,920x1,080/30p) / 24p 50M(1,920x1,080/24p) / 120p 100M(1,920x1,080/120p) / 120p 60M(1,920x1,080/120p)
- Movie Recording Mode (PAL) NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode AVCHD: 24M FX(1,920x1,080/50i) / 17M FH(1,920x1,080/50i), XAVC S 4K: 25p 100M(3,840x2,160/25p) / 25p 60M(3,840x2,160/25p), XAVC S HD:50p 50M(1,920x1,080/50p) / 50p 25M(1,920x1,080/50p) / 25p 50M(1,920x1,080/25p) / 25p 16M(1,920x1,080/25p) / 100p 100M(1,920x1,080/100p) / 100p 60M(1,920x1,080/100p)
- Recording Proxy Yes(1280 x 720(Approx.9Mbps))
- Recording Format [Still Image]:JPEG(DCF Ver.2.0,Exif Ver.2.31,MPF Baseline compliant), RAW(Sony ARW 2.3 format), [Movie]:XAVC S, AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible
- Recording Format XAVC S:LPCM 2ch, AVCHD:Dolby Digital(AC-3) 2ch(Dolby Digital Stereo Creator)
- Number of Recording Pixels (Image Size) 3:2mode:20M(5,472x3,648) / 10M(3,888x2,592) / 5M(2,736x1,824), 4:3mode:18M(4,864x3,648) / 10M(3,648x2,736) / 5M(2,592x1,944) / VGA, 16:9mode:17M(5,472x3,080) / 7.5M(3,648x2,056) / 4.2M(2,720x1,528), 1:1mode:13M(3,648x3,648) / 6.5M(2,544x2,544) / 3.7M(1,920x1,920) , Sweep Panorama:Wide(12,416x1,856/5,536x2,160), Standard(8,192x1,856/3,872x2,160)
- Recorded Pixels IS Movie 16:9mode:17M(5,472x3,080) / 7.5M(3,648x2,056) / 4.2M(2,720x1,528)
- Brightness Control Auto, Manual(5steps)
- Dioptre Adjustment -4.0 to +3.0m<sup>-1</sup>
- Eye Point Approx. 20mm from the eyepiece, 19.8mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m<sup>-1</sup>(diopter) (CIPA standard)
- Field Coverage 100%
- Magnification Approx. 0.59x with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m<sup>-1</sup>(diopter) (35mm equiv.)
- Screen Type/Number of Dots 0.39-type electronic viewfinder(OLED), 2,359,296 dots
Size and Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 101.6 x 58.1 x 42.8 mm(4 in. x 2 3/8 in. x 1 11/16 in.)
- Weight Approx. 302g (10.7oz.)(Battery and Memory Card are included) / Approx. 275g (9.8oz.)(Body Only)
- Released 2019
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs