Alpha 6300 E-mount camera with 18-135mm Zoom Lens
This item is currently unavailable
Learn and be inspired while exploring our Image Gallery. Images are captured on Sony cameras and lenses.
- The world's fastest 0.05-sec. AF with the most phase-detection AF points (425)
- 24.2-megapixel Exmor CMOS image sensor/BIONZ X image processing engine
- 4K movie recording with full pixel readout/without pixel binning enhances images
High sound quality (microphone terminal, XLR adaptor kit)
In addition to plug-in microphones, the camera supports line input from professional-standard audio devices with XLR terminal, with use of a separately sold XLR adaptor kit (XLR-K2M/XLR-K1M) that enables connection with various high-end microphones. That way, you can make fine audio setting adjustments and high-quality/low-noise sound recordings worthy of serious movie shooting.
Clean HDMI output
This function supports 4K and Full HD, and allows uncompressed movie to be output to an external recorder or monitor. The image can also be recorded in the camera even while signals are output using this function.
Gamma Display Assist
With this function, you can view images with natural contrast while recording in S-Log gamma setting, converting S-Log2 and S-Log3 into ITU709 (800%) gamma for monitoring images, or checking focus while enlarging an image on the LCD screen or viewfinder.
AF in Focus Magnifier
You can use autofocus even while enlarging a selected image area on the viewfinder or LCD screen, for finer adjustment of focus, for example. This is excellent for macro shooting, when accurate focusing is crucial.
Enhanced Zebra function
Simplify exposure monitoring, especially when shooting in S-Log gamma setting. Target a video signal brightness level from 0-109%, set a range between +10% and -10% of that value, and zebra pattern indicates areas with that level of exposure within that range. New minimum brightness level setting reliably warns you to avoid blown-out highlights.
Tough magnesium alloy body
With internal frames, rear cover, top cover and front cover constructed of magnesium alloy, the robust, rigid, light body of the a6300 is stronger than that of its predecessors. Designed for solid reliability and steady handling, this compact form readily withstands the rigours of shooting in the field.
Dust and moisture resistance
Enjoy carefree shooting in tough environments, thanks to comprehensive dust and moisture resistance measures that help prevent water and dust from entering the body. These measures include sealing around the buttons and dials, as well as a protective double-layered structure that tightly interlocks panels and components.
Full HD 120fps shooting and 4x/5x slow motion recording
You can shoot high-quality Full HD footage, even in Full HD 120fps (100fps) high-speed shooting with AF tracking at a high bit rate up to 100Mbps. Otherwise, the camera can record 4x/5x slow motion movies internally when the frame rate is set at 30p (25p) or 24p.
S-Gamut/S-Log shooting give you flexibility to make more expressive movies by performing colour grading in post-production. The S-Log3 and S-Log2 gamma curves feature wide dynamic range (up to 1300%) to minimize whiteout and blackout. The a6300 even offers impressive 14-stop latitude in S-Log3 gamma setting.The camera also supports S-Gamut, S-Gamut3, and S-Gamut3. Cine colour space from Sony. *S-Log2 and S-Log3 are premised on processing pictures.
Silent Shooting mode releases the shutter without a sound, even in continuous shooting up to approx. 3fps with AF/AE tracking, so it's very convenient for shooting indoor performances, outdoor wildlife, and in other situations where silence is essential. To turn this mode on/off more intuitively and less intrusively, assign it to a customisable button.
This function maintains focus on a moving subject automatically. Simply align the target frame and the subject to be tracked, and press the center button. If you lose track of the subject, the camera can detect that subject and resume the Lock-on AF function when the subject reappears on the screen.
PlayMemories Camera Apps
Express photographs more creatively with this application download service that lets you add new functions to your camera's feature set. Choose among Time-lapse for recording images at intervals and combining them, Smart Remote Control for control of settings from a smartphone or tablet, Sky HDR (high-dynamic-range-imaging), Star Trail, Liveview Grading, Smooth Reflection and other apps. Note: Services availability depends on region.
Eye AF in AF-C mode
Eye AF is now available in AF-C mode in this camera. This means it automatically focuses on and even tracks focus on a subject's eye, as the face moves, extending your freedom to frame a shot.
- Lens Compatibility Sony E-mount lenses
- Lens Mount E-mount
- ISO Sensitivity Still images: ISO 100-25600 (expandable to 51200), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit), Movies: ISO 100-25600 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 100-6400 equivalent, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Sensor APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6 mm) Exmor CMOS sensor
- Image Sensor Aspect Ratio 3:2
Number Of Pixels (Effective)
- Number Of Pixels (Effective) 24.2 MP
- Number of Pixels (total) Approx. 25.0 megapixels
- Sensor Type APS-C
- Silent Shooting Yes, On/Off
- Shutter Type Electronically controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
- Shutter Speed Still images: 1/4000 to 30 sec., Bulb, Movies: 1/4000 to 1/4 (1/3 step), NTSC: Up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto Slow Shutter mode), PAL: Up to 1/50 in AUTO mode (up to 1/25 in Auto Slow Shutter mode)
- Flash Sync. Speed 1/160 sec.
- Electronic Front Shutter Curtain Yes, On/Off
- Total Number of Dots 921,600 dots
- Real-time Image Adjustment Display (LCD) On/Off
- Peaking MF Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, colour: White/Red/Yellow)
- LCD Display Graphic Display / Display All Info. / No Disp. Info. / Histogram / Digital Level Gauge / Shooting information for viewfinder mode
- Focus Magnifier 5.9x, 11.7x
- Display Selecter (Finder/LCD) Auto/Manual
- Brightness Control (LCD) Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Adjustable Angle Up approx. 90 degrees, down approx. 45 degrees
- Screen Type 7.5cm (3.0-type) wide type TFT
- Speaker Built-in, monaural
- Microphone Built-in stereo microphone or XLR-K2M / XLR-K1M / ECM-XYST1M (sold separately)
- Memory Function Yes (2 sets)
- Custom Function Type Custom key settings, Programmable setting
- Speed (approx. max.) Continuous mode: 11fps (Hi+), 8fps (Hi), 6fps (Mid), 3fps (Lo)
- Drive Modes Single shooting, Continuous shooting (Hi+/Hi/Mid/Lo selectable), Self-timer, Self-timer (Cont.), Bracketing (Cont., Single, White Balance, DRO)
- Scene Selection Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight, Anti Motion Blur
- Metering Type 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Sensor Exmor CMOS sensor
- Metering Sensitivity EV-2 to EV20 (at ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Metering Mode Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Exposure Modes Auto (iAuto, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Movie/High Frame Rate (Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M))
- Exposure Compensation +/-5.0 EV (in 1/3 EV or 1/2 EV steps)
- Auto (AE) Bracketing Bracket: Single/Bracket: Cont., 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 or 1.0 EV increments.
- AE Lock Available with AE lock button. Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Can be disabled from the Menu.
- Flash Modes Flash off, Autoflash, Fill-flash, Rear Sync., Slow Sync., Red-eye reduction (On/Off selectable), Hi-speed sync , Wireless
- Wireless Control Yes (wireless flash with lightning ratio control)
- Flash Control (with optional external flash) Built-in flash
- Flash Compensation +/-3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- FE Level Lock Yes
- External Flash Compatibility Sony a System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe. Attach the shoe adaptor for flash compatible with Auto-lock Accessory Shoe.
- Other Features Lock-on AF, Eye AF, Predictive control, Focus lock; Eye-Start AF and AF micro adjustment (both only available with optional LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 attached), AF illuminator (built-in, LED type, range: Approx. 0.30-3m), AF ON
- Focus Type Fast Hybrid AF(phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Sensitivity Range EV-1 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Focus Point 425 points (phase-detection AF) / 169 points (Contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Area Wide (425 points (phase-detection AF), 169 points(contrast-detection AF)) / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) /Expand Flexible Spot/ Lock-on AF ( Wide / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L)/Expand Flexible Spot)
- AF Mode Automatic AF (AF-A), Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus
- PC Interface Mass-storage, MTP, PC remote
- Others Microphone terminal (3.5mm Stereo minijack)
- NFC™ Yes (NFC Forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing)
- Multi Interface Shoe Yes
- HD Output HDMI micro connector (Type-D), BRAVIA Sync (link menu), PhotoTV HD, 4K movie output, 4K still image playback
- Noise Reduction Long exposure NR: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec., High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off selectable
- Multi Frame NR Auto/ ISO 100 to 51200
- White Balance Modes Auto WB / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight) / Flash / Colour Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & Colour Filter (G7 to M7: 57 steps, A7 to B7: 29 steps) / Custom / Underwater
- Bracketing 3 frames, H/L selectable
- AWB Micro Adjustment G7 to M7 (57 steps), A7 to B7 (29 steps)
- Playback Modes Single (with or without shooting information, Y RGB histogram & highlight/shadow warning), 12/30-frame index view, Enlarged display mode (Maximum magnification L: 16.7x, M: 11.8x, S: 8.3x), Auto Review (10/5/2 sec, off), Image orientation (Auto/Manual/Off selectable), Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection (Still / Date / MP4 / AVCHD / XAVC S HD / XAVC S 4K), Forward/Rewind (Movie), Delete, Protect
Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images)
- Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images) Approx. 350 shots (viewfinder) / Approx. 400 shots (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)
- External Power AC Adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately)
- Battery Life (CIPA, Movies) Actual : Approx. 70 min. (viewfinder) / Approx. 75 min. (LCD screen) (CIPA standard), Continuous : Approx. 115 min. (viewfinder) / Approx. 115 min. (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)
- Compatible Standards Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF setting
- Video Compression XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, AVCHD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Recording Format (Movie) XAVC S / AVCHD format Ver. 2.0 compliant / MP4
- Movie Functions Audio Level Display, Audio Rec Level, AF Tracking Sensitivity, AF Drive Speed, Auto Slow Shutter, HDMI info. Display (On/Off selectable), Time Code/User Bit, Picture Profile, Creative Style, Picture Effect, Rec Control, Dual Video Rec, Marker Setting, PAL/NTSC Selector, Gamma Display Assist
- Image Size (pixels), PAL* XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160 (30p/100Mbps, 30p/60Mbps, 24p/100Mbps, 24p/60Mbps), XAVC S HD: 1920 x 1080 (60p/50Mbps, 30p/50Mbps, 24p/50Mbps, 120p/100Mbps, 120p/60Mbps), AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (60p/28Mbps/PS, 60i/24Mbps/FX, 60i/17Mbps/FH, 24p/24Mbps/FX, 24p/17Mbps/FH), MP4: 1920 x 1080 (60p/28Mbps, 30p/16Mbps), 1280 x 720 (30p/6Mbps)
- Image Size (pixels), PAL XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160 (25p/100Mbps, 25p/60Mbps), XAVC S HD: 1920 x 1080 (50p/50Mbps, 25p/50Mbps, 100p/100Mbps, 100p/60Mbps), AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (50p/28Mbps/PS, 50i/24Mbps/FX, 50i/17Mbps/FH, 25p/24Mbps/FX, 25p/17Mbps/FH), MP4: 1920 x 1080 (50p/28Mbps, 25p/16Mbps), 1280 x 720 (25p/6Mbps)
- Audio Recording Format XAVC S: LPCM 2ch, AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator, MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
Recording (still images)
- Recording Format JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- RAW Output 14 bit
- Picture Effect 13 modes: Posterization (Colour, B/W), Pop Colour, Retro Photo, Partial Colour (R, G, B, Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolour, Illustration
- Image Size (pixels), Sweep Panorama Wide: horizontal 12,416 x 1,856 (23M), vertical 5,536 x 2,160 (12M), Standard: horizontal 8,192 x 1,856 (15M), vertical 3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M)
- Image Size (pixels), 3:2 L: 6000 x 4000(24M), M: 4240 x 2832(12M), S: 3008 x 2000(6.0M)
- Image Size (pixels), 16:9 L: 6000 x 3376(20M), M: 4240 x 2400(10M), S: 3008 x 1688(5.1M)
- Image Quality Modes RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Extra fine, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- Dynamic Range Functions Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level (1-5)), Auto High Dynamic Range: Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1.0-6.0 EV, 1.0 EV step)
- Creative Style Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia (Contrast -3 to +3 steps, Saturation -3 to +3 steps, Sharpness -3 to +3 steps) (Style Box 1-6 also provided)
Clean HDMI output
- Clean HDMI output NTSC: 3840 x 2160 (30p/24p) / 1920 x 1080 (60p/24p) / 1920 x 1080 (60i),YCbCr 4:2:2 8bit/ RGB 8bit, PAL: 3840 x 2160 (25p) / 1920 x 1080 (50p) / 1920 x 1080 (50i),YCbCr 4:2:2 8bit/ RGB 8bit
- Smart zoom (Still Image) M: Approx. 1.4x, S: Approx. 2.0x
- PlayMemories Camera Apps™ Yes
- Lens Compensation Peripheral shading, chromatic aberration, distortion
- Image Processor BIONZ X
- Face Detection On / On (Regist. Faces) / Off, Face registration, Face selection (Max. number of detectable faces: 8)
- Digital zoom (Still Image) L: Approx. 4x, M: Approx. 5.7x, S: Approx. 8x
- Digital zoom (Movie) Approx. 4x
- Clear Image Zoom Still / Movie: Approx. 2x
- Auto Object Framing Yes
- Storage Media Slot Multi slot for Memory Stick Duo/ SD memory card
- Compatible Recording Media Memory Stick PRO Duo,Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo,Memory Stick Micro (M2),SD memory card, SDHC memory card (UHS-I compliant), SDXC memory card (UHS-I compliant), microSD memory card, microSDHC memory card, microSDXC memory card
- Viewfinder Display Graphic Display / Display All Info. / No Disp. Info. / Histogram / Digital Level Gauge
- Real-time Image Adjustment Display On/Off
- Number of Dots 2,359,296 dots
- Magnification Approx. 1.07x (35mm camera equivalent: Approx. 0.70x) with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m<lt/>style name=\sup\<gt/>-1<lt/>/style<gt/>
- Field Coverage 100%
- Eye Point Approx. 23mm from the eyepiece lens, 21.4 mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m<lt/>style name=\sup\<gt/>-1<lt/>/style<gt/>(CIPA standard)
- Dioptre Adjustment -4.0 to +3.0m<lt/>style name=\sup\<gt/>-1<lt/>/style<gt/>
- Color Temperature Control Manual (5 steps)
- Brightness Control (Viewfinder) Auto/Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2)
- Viewfinder Type XGA OLED, 1.0 cm (0.39 type) electronic viewfinder (colour)
- Wireless and Network Capabilities NFC One-touch functionality
- Operating Temperature 32º-104ºF / 0-40ºC
Size and Weight
- Carton Width (cm) 27.00
- Carton Height (cm) 26.50
- Carton Weight (kg) 6.35
- Released 2018
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs