WH-1000XM4 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones (Silver)
- HD Noise Cancelling Processor QN1 lets you listen without distractions
- High quality wireless audio with BLUETOOTH and LDAC technology
- Smart listening technology to enhance your listening
Request a price match
An identical model
The product must be a matching brand, model number and colour to be eligible.
Available to purchase
We may match selected local retailers (including their online prices) once verified and item must in stock or pre-order online or in store.
Not shown on our exclusions list
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, competitor’s service prices, special or hourly sales, bonus buy offers.
See our full list of exclusions
A local retailer
The retailer must have a local business number (ABN/ACN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Find a Qualifying Product
While online, find a qualifying product from a local retailer's website that would like to request a price match from. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Fill out the form to request a Price Match
On selected pages, fill out the form and submit your request. Note, some models are excluded.
Please be prepared to direct our support staff to the ad or website that is displaying the current lower price you would like to match.
Should your price match request be successful, we will contact you and update your shopping cart. Make sure to create/sign into your account and add the product to cart to make this quicker.
Find a Qualifying Product
Find a qualifying product that you want Sony to price match from a local retailer. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Price Match In Store
Take your catalogue, flyer, or printed email into one of our Sony Stores to request a price match.
You May Also Like
For everyday convenience, just Speak-to-Chat
As soon as you speak to someone, Speak-to-Chat automatically stops the music and lets in ambient sound so you can conduct a conversation – handy if you want to keep your headphones on, or your hands are full.
Optimising noise cancelling
To maximise noise cancelling performance, the WH-1000XM4 headphones incorporate two technologies: Personal Noise Cancelling Optimiser, designed specifically for you, and Atmospheric Pressure Optimising, designed specifically for air travel.
For total convenience, WH-1000XM4 headphones can be paired with two Bluetooth devices at the same time. So when a call comes in, your headphones know which device is ringing and connect to the right one automatically. You’ll also be able to quickly, smoothly switch your headphones to either of the two devices at the touch of a button.9
Wireless freedom, premium sound
LDAC transmits approximately three times more data (at the maximum transfer rate of 990 kbps) than conventional BLUETOOTH® audio, allowing you to enjoy High-Resolution Audio content in exceptional quality, as close as possible to that of a dedicated wired connection.3
Sony’s premium wireless headphones deliver a sonic masterclassWhat Hi-Fi? Sony WH-1000XM4 review. 5 stars award What Hi-Fi?, August 2020 Read Review
Need to quickly hear voices or sounds around you? Just place your hand over the housing to instantly turn your music volume down and let ambient sound in.
Wear all day in total comfort
WH-1000XM4 headphones blend sophisticated styling with exceptional comfort. Super-soft, pressure-relieving earpads in foamed urethane evenly distribute pressure and increase ear/pad contact for a stable fit. And with a lighter-weight design, you'll barely notice you're wearing them.
All day power and quick charging
With a huge 30 hours of battery life you'll have enough power even for long trips. And if you need to top up in a hurry, you can get 5 hours' worth of charge after just 10 minutes with the optional AC adapter.
Be smarter with Voice Assistant
Manage your day, just by asking your assistant. Enjoy entertainment, connect with friends, get information, listen to music and notifications, set reminders, and more.
Clearer hands-free calling
Conversation flows freely with easy, hands-free calling. Leave your phone where it is, just speak with a double tap. Thanks to Precise Voice Pickup Technology, which combines five built-in microphones with advanced audio signal processing, WH-1000XM4 delivers clearer voice quality to the other person on the phone.
Control at your fingertips
Change the track, turn the volume up or down, and take or make calls just by tapping or swiping the panel.
Sony | Headphones Connect app
With the Sony | Headphones Connect app, Ambient Sound Control lets you adjust the volume of background sound and gives you the option to allow voices alone to be heard. Meanwhile the Equaliser lets you customise sound levels to suit your music.
For total convenience, WH-1000XM4 headphones can be paired with two Bluetooth devices at the same time. So when a call comes in, your headphones know which device is ringing and connect to the right one automatically. You'll also be able to quickly, smoothly switch your headphones to either of the two devices at the touch of a button.
Swivel foldable structure
The ear cups swivel inwards so they pack up neatly in a compact case.
Carry case with cable
The supplied carry case is durable and includes a cable for wired listening.
Industry-leading noise cancellation1
Smart listening technology
- Plug Gold-plated L-shaped stereo mini plug
- Magnet Neodymium
- Headphone Type Closed, dynamic
- Frequency Response (Hz) 4Hz-40,000Hz
- Driver Unit 40mm, dome type (CCAW Voice coil)
- Diaphragm Aluminum coated LCP
- Cord Type Single-sided (detachable)
- Cord Length Headphone cable (approx. 1.2m, OFC strands, gold-plated stereo mini plug)
Size and Weight
- Width (cm) 18.00
- Height (cm) 22.50
- Weight (kg) 0.77
- Carton Width (cm) 19.50
- Carton Height (cm) 25.00
- Carton Weight (kg) 3.42
- Released 2020
Benefits and Improvements: Fixes an issue where, when there are 2 Bluetooth devices connected at the same time, the connected devices repeatedly disconnect and reconnect.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
Release Date: 07-08-2020
1. As of 21st April 2020. According to research by Sony Corporation, measured using JEITA-compliant guidelines. In headband style of wireless noise cancelling headphones’ market.
2. Please check airline policy before using your BLUETOOTH® connection.
3. LDAC music device required.
4. Activate the DSEE Extreme™ from the Sony | Headphones Connect app.
5. By default, music resumes playing 30 seconds after your conversation ends in Speak-to-Chat mode. This timeframe can be customized using the Sony | Headphones Connect app
6. When using optional 1.5A or more AC adapter.
7. The WH-1000XM4 offers the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa with an update. Install the Google Assistant app and change the assignment of noise cancelling button with Sony | Headphones Connect app, then press and hold the noise cancelling button. For Amazon Alexa install the Amazon Alexa app and change the assignment of noise cancelling button with Sony | Headphones Connect app, then just press the noise cancelling button to get going.
8. Update of Firmware and Sony | Headphones Connect App is needed. Google is a trademark of Google LLC. Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The Google Assistant and Alexa are not available in all languages and countries/regions.
9. Customers may need to update their Sony | Headphones Connect app for this software to be activated. Firmware update is needed.
10. Sony | Headphones Connect App is needed. Requires subscription to a music streaming service – subscription fees apply. Some services may not be available in certain countries/regions.
11. By default, music resumes playing 30 seconds after your conversation ends in Speak-to-Chat mode. This timeframe can be customized using the Sony | Headphones Connect app.
12. Customers may need to update their Sony | Headphones Connect app for this software to be activated.
When you purchase a Sony product, you have the peace of mind in knowing that your product is covered by Sony's Standard Warranty provided by Sony Australia Limited (for Australian purchases) and Sony New Zealand Limited (for New Zealand purchases)
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs