Amazing AF speed, compact design
Ultra fast autofocus (AF) and continuous shooting provide the edge you need to capture a moment in the blink of an eye.
- 0.05-sec. AF speed and up to 24fps continuous shooting
- 20.1 MP 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip
- Pristine ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm F1.8-2.8 lens in a pocket-friendly package
Brilliant 4K movies
In shooting 4K (QFHD resolution: 3840 x 2160) movies with full pixel readout without pixel binning, the camera collects approx. 1.7 times as much information as is required for basic 4K movie output. This oversampling effect results in images of outstanding resolution with reduced moire and jaggies.
Introducing Fast Hybrid AF for movies to the RX100 series
Fast Hybrid AF keeps images sharp and clear during the shooting of high-resolution 4K movies , thanks to the system's focal plane phase-detection AF sensor that enables accurate focusing and tracking performance.
Photo Capture creates clear stills from movies
The Photo Capture function lets you select a moment from a 4K movie in playback and save it in the form of a highly detailed still image file of over 8 megapixels. Likewise, you can create a 2-megapixel still image file from a Full HD movie that has been recorded.
Up to 960fps for incredible slow motion
Using the mode dial to select HFR, it's easy to create super slow motion movies containing split-second moments of action. Choose shooting frame rates of 960/1000fps, 480/500fps, or 240/250fps (NTSC/PAL) , depending on speed of a moving subject. Image quality is nearly Full HD at 240/250 fps, and HD at 480/500 fps in Quality Priority mode. An optional end trigger mode pre-records from 3 to 7 seconds before the MOVIE button is pressed, letting you capture even unpredictable moments decisively.
Bright XGA OLED Tru-Finder shows what you aim for
The retractable Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder's resolution is equivalent to 2359K dots. The bright, self-illuminating OLED display offers high contrast, excellent for previewing shots and setting adjustments. EVF eyepiece optics are treated with ZEISS T* Coating to reduce unwanted reflections and ensure corner-to-corner visibility.
Control ring for advanced photography
A convenient lens-mounted control ring allows you to operate pro-style manual control such as selecting shutter speed, aperture, and more for added creative command - another feature making this camera an ideal choice for serious photographers.
180º tiltable LCD screen for flexible composition
The high-resolution 3-inch type screen with tilt capability is perfect for taking selfies and framing of otherwise impossible overhead or low-angle shots. You can use it in high/low shooting positions for greater flexibility in capturing creative compositions.
Custom button for creative convenience
The custom (C) button can be programmed to control any of up to 62 different camera functions, to adapt the camera's capabilities to your shooting style. By assigning a frequently-used function or setting to this button you can recall it again instantly - for faster, more intuitive camera operation.
Shoot almost anywhere with wide ISO sensitivity
Capture crisper images, even in low light, with sensitivity up to ISO 12800. The Auto ISO mode can automatically determine optimal settings, or manually select expanded ISO settings as low as ISO 80. In addition to Auto ISO, you can specify minimum limits for shutter speed, to prevent blur even in low light situations.
Dual Rec still shooting during movie recording
Shoot still images of 17MP while recording a movie. The camera enables you to capture impressive high-quality stills even in movie-shooting. Auto Dual Rec release function lets the camera automatically take photos during movie recording. Select frequency of Auto Dual Rec release from high/standard/low settings.
Make sure your images are correctly framed, even when shooting starry skies or other dark scenes. The image on the display or viewfinder can be temporally boosted to assist with composition using a simple menu selection or custom button assignment, without compromising the final captured image.
My Menu your way
With My Menu, you can register menu items for instant recall and customise menus. You can also make button assignments for up to 30 functions to retool the camera interface for your shooting preferences.
MF Assist and enhanced peaking function
Increase focusing accuracy, or fine-tune manual focusing with these focusing assistants. Manual Focus (MF) Assist magnifies any part of the image area to enable more precise adjustment, while the enhanced peaking function highlights in-focus regions for quick and easy focus confirmation. Both the magnification, and peaking colours, are customisable, and perfect for intricate focusing requirements such as during macro shooting.
Lock-on AF for enhanced photo opportunities
Simply press the shutter button halfway to activate Lock-on AF . It automatically adjusts the AF target frame size to match the subject size, improve tracking performance, and take full advantage of every photo opportunity.
High quality movies in XAVC S or AVCHD format
Designed for professional videography, as well as efficient file sizes, XAVC S recording provides minimal image noise, even in scenes full of movement, at up to 4K resolution and 100Mbps. For less demanding applications, and easy sharing, the AVCHD format is also available.
Eye AF with excellent tracking performance
High-precision Eye AF, combined with high-performance AF tracking, provides helpful assistance with portrait shooting. It's effective even when the subject is looking down and away, or when faces are backlit or in partial darkness, and it keeps the focus on moving subjects' eyes when using the AF-C setting.
Autofocus in just 0.05 sec.
Combining the speed of phase-detection AF and accuracy of contrast-detection AF, the Fast Hybrid AF system can acquire focus in as little as 0.05 sec, to track subjects precisely and allow you to capture the moment perfectly.
Focus Area Registration
Pre-register, then instantly recall, a custom focusing area. Ideal for shooting sports like athletics, motorsport or tennis, or any time a subject moves regularly into an ideal composition in your frame. By simply assigning your AF area selection to a custom button you can prioritise that area, for focusing when your subject enters it, with just a single button tap.
Smooth-tracking continuous shooting up to 24fps
The RX100 V can perform high-speed continuous shooting at the full 20.1 MP resolution and up to 24fps with AF/AE tracking. In addition, the camera reduces blackout on the electronic viewfinder and LCD screen, and this reduction makes for smoother monitoring of moving subjects and easier shooting of fleeting moments.
Silent shooting for sensitive situations
You can mute the camera's shutter sound by making the following camera settings: "Shutter type: Electronic" and "Audio signals: Off". This way, you can shoot quiet scenes and noise-sensitive subjects in silence, even during continuous shooting.
- Number of Pixels (Effective) Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Type 1.0-type (13.2mm x 8.8mm) Exmor RS CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- Adjustable Angle Up by approx. 180 degrees, down by approx. 45 degrees
- Display Selector (Finder/Lcd) Auto/ EVF(Manual)/ Monitor(Manual)
- MS Assist Magnification 5.3x, 10.7x
- Screen Type 7.5cm(3.0type)(4:3) / 1,228,800 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- Clear Image Zoom 20M Approx. 5.8x / 10M Approx. 8.2x / 5.0M Approx. 11x / VGA Approx. 44x
- Clear Image Zoom Movie Movie 4K: 4.35x,HD: Approx. 5.8x
- Digital Zoom (Movie) Digital Zoom Approx. 11x
- Digital Zoom (Still Image) 20M Approx.11x / 10M Approx.16x / 5.0M Approx.23x / VGA Approx.44x
- F-number (Maximum Aperture) F1.8(W)-2.8(T)
- Focal length f=8.8-25.7mm, Still Image3:2 f=24-70mm, Still Image4:3 f=25-73mm, Still Image16:9 f=26-76mm, Still Image1:1 f=30.5-89mm
- Focus Range (From the Front to the Lens) iAuto: AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.17 ft.) to Infinity, T: Approx. 30cm (0.99 ft.) to Infinity) / Program Auto: AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.17 ft.) to Infinity, T: Approx.30cm (0.99 ft.) to Infinity)
- Lens type ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens, 10 elements in 9 groups (9 aspheric elements including AA lens)
- ND-filter Auto / On(3 steps) / Off
- Aperture iAuto(F1.8/F11(W)) / Program Auto(F1.8/F11(W)) / Manual(F1.8/F11(W)) / Shutter Priority(F1.8/F11(W)) / Aperture Priority(F1.8/F11(W))
- Bracketing Yes
- Built-in Flash Range ISO Auto: Approx.0.4m to 10.2m (1.31 ft. to 33.46 ft.) (W) / Approx. 0.4m to 6.5m (1.31 ft. to 21.33 ft.) (T), ISO12800: up to Approx. 20.4m (66.93 ft.) (W) / Approx. 13.0m (42.65 ft.) (T)
- Continuous Shooting Speed (Maximum) (Maximum Number of Recording Pixels) Continuous Shooting Hi: approx. 24 fps, Continuous Shooting Mid: approx. 10 fps, Continuous Shooting Low: approx. 3.5 fps
- Creative Style Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box
- Focus Type Single, Continuous shooting(Hi/Mid/Lo), Self-timer, Self-timer(cont.), Cont.-bracketing, Single-bracketing, White balance bracketing, DRO bracketing
- Dynamic Range Functions Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1.0-6.0EV, 1.0EV step))
- Electronic Shutter iAuto(4\ - 1/32000) / Program Auto(30\ - 1/32000) / Manual(30\ - 1/32000) / Aperture Priority(30\ - 1/32000) / Shutter Priority(30\ - 1/32000)
- Flash Mode Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Rear Sync / Flash Off
- Image Control Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Creative Style, Color Space(sRGB / Adobe RGB), Quality(RAW / RAW&JPEG ( Extra fine, Fine, Standard) / JPEG ( Extra fine, Fine, Standard)
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image) Auto(ISO125-12800, selectable with upper / lower limit),125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 (Extendable to ISO80/100),Multi-Frame NR:Auto(ISO125-12800), 200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/25600
- Noise Reduction Long exposure NR:On/Off, available of shutter speeds longer than 1/3 sec., high ISO NR:Normal/Low/Off, Multi Frame NR: Auto, ISO200-25600
- Number of Recognised Scenes Still Image:Superior Auto: 44 / iAuto: 33, Movie:44
- Panorama (Shooting) Sweep Panorama
- Picture Effect [Still Image]:Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration; [Movie]:Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono.
- Picture Profile off/PP1-PP7(Black Level, Gamma(Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Level, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset)
- Scene Selection Portrait, Sports Action, Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Handheld Twilight, Night Portrait, Anti Motion Blur, Pet Mode, Gourmet, Fireworks, High Sensitivity
- Self-Timer 10sec. / 5sec. / 2sec. / 3 or 5 consecutive shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable / Bracketing shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable
- Shooting Mode AUTO(Intelligent Auto/Superior Auto), Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, MR(Memory Recall) [body 3 sets / memory card 4 sets], Movie Mode(Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure),HFR Mode(Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), Panorama, Scene Selection
- Shutter Speed iAuto(4\ - 1/2000) / Program Auto(30\ - 1/2000) / Manual(Bulb, 30\ - 1/2000) / Aperture Priority(30\ - 1/2000) / Shutter Priority(30\ - 1/2000)
- AF Illuminator Auto / Off
- Flash Type Built-in, manual pop-up
- Input and Output Terminals Multi/Micro USB Terminal, Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI
- NFC NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- WI-FI Yes(IEEE802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band))
- 4K Image Output Yes
- Operating Temperature 0 degrees C. - +40 degrees C. / 32 degrees F. - 104 degrees F.
- Playback Functions BRAVIA Sync(Control for HDMI), 9/25-frame index view, Auto Orientation, Slide Show, Forward/Rewind (Movie), Delete, Protect, Motion Shot Video, Beatuty Effect, Photo Capture, Rating, Automatic Image Rotation
- PlayMemories Camera Apps -
- Shooting Functions Eye AF, Face Detection, Face Registration, Still Image Recording (during movie recording), Smile shutter, Grid Line, Quick Navi, Digital Level Gauge (pitch and roll), WB Bracket, DRO Bracketing, MF Assist, Peaking, Zebra, Marker Display, Micref Level, Step Zoom / Quick Zoom, Self-portrait timer, TC/UB, Photographer Name & Copyright, ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed, PC Remote Control, Gamma Disp. Assist, [Mov]AF Track Sensitivity, [Mov]AF Drive Speed, Set File Name, My Menu
- Triluminos Color Color Yes
- Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images) Monitor:Approx. 220 / Approx. 110min., ViewFinder:Approx. 210 / Approx. 105min.
- Battery Life Movies (actual shooting) Monitor:Approx. 35min., ViewFinder:Approx. 35min.
- Battery Life Movies (continuous shooting) Monitor:Approx. 65min., ViewFinder:Approx. 65min.
- Battery System Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- Power Consumption (Camera Mode) Approx. 2.6W with LCD monitor and approx. 3.0W with viewfinder(CIPA standard)
- Power source DC3.6V(supplied battery) / DC5.0V(supplied AC Adaptor)
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- Print Exif Print, PRINT Image Matching (PIM3)
- Recording Format sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Compatible Recording Media Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo(High Speed), Memory Stick PROHG Duo, Memory Stick Micro, Memory Stick Micro (Mark2), SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card(UHS-I), SDXC Memory Card(UHS-I), microSD Memory Card, microSDHC Memory Card, microSDXC Memory Card
- DCF DPOF DCF/DPOF/EXIF/MPF
- Input and Output Terminals (Recording) NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode \nXAVC S HD:50p 50M(1,920x1,080/250fps), 50p 50M(1,920x1,080/500fps), 50p 50M(1,920x1,080/1000fps) / 25p 50M(1,920x1,080/250fps), 25p 50M(1,920x1,080/500fps), 25p 50M(1,920x1,080/1000fps), NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] mode \nXAVC S HD:60p 50M(1,920x1,080/240fps), 60p 50M(1,920x1,080/480fps), 60p 50M(1,920x1,080/960fps) / 30p 50M(1,920x1,080/240fps), 30p 50M(1,920x1,080/480fps), 30p 50M(1,920x1,080/960fps) / 24p 50M(1,920x1,080/240fps), 24p 50M(1,920x1,080/480fps), 24p 50M(1,920x1,080/960fps)\n(Sensor Readout\nNumber of effective pixels) Quality Priority:240fps/250fps(1,824x1,026),480fps/500fps(1,824x616),960fps/1000fps(1,244x420)/Shoot Time Priority:240fps/250fps(1,824x616),480fps/500fps(1,292x436),960fps/1000fps(912x308)
- Movie Recording Mode (NTSC) NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] AVCHD: 24M FX(1,920x1,080/60i) / 17M FH(1,920x1,080/60i), XAVC S 4K: 30p 100M(3,840x2,160/30p) / 30p 60M(3,840x2,160/30p) / 24p 100M(3,840x2,160/24p) / 24p 60M(3,840x2,160/24p), XAVC S HD:60p 50M(1,920x1,080/60p) / 60p 25M(1,920x1,080/60p) / 30p 50M(1,920x1,080/30p) / 30p 16M(1,920x1,080/30p) / 24p 50M(1,920x1,080/24p) / 120p 100M(1,920x1,080/120p) / 120p 60M(1,920x1,080/120p)
- Movie Recording Mode (PAL) NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode AVCHD: 24M FX(1,920x1,080/50i) / 17M FH(1,920x1,080/50i), XAVC S 4K: 25p 100M(3,840x2,160/25p) / 25p 60M(3,840x2,160/25p), XAVC S HD:50p 50M(1,920x1,080/50p) / 50p 25M(1,920x1,080/50p) / 25p 50M(1,920x1,080/25p) / 25p 16M(1,920x1,080/25p) / 100p 100M(1,920x1,080/100p) / 100p 60M(1,920x1,080/100p),
- Recording Proxy Yes(1280 x 720(Approx.9Mbps))
- Recording Format [Still Image]:JPEG(DCF Ver.2.0,Exif Ver.2.31,MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format); [Movie]:XAVC S, AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible
- Recording Format XAVC S:LPCM 2ch, AVCHD:Dolby Digital(AC-3) 2ch(Dolby Digital Stereo Creator)
- Number of Recording Pixels (Image Size) 3:2mode:20M(5,472x3,648) / 10M(3,888x2,592) / 5M(2,736x1,824),4:3mode:18M(4,864x3,648) / 10M(3,648x2,736) / 5M(2,592x1,944) / VGA,16:9mode:17M(5,472x3,080) / 7.5M(3,648x2,056) / 4.2M(2,720x1,528),1:1mode:13M(3,648x3,648) / 6.5M(2,544x2,544) / 3.7M(1,920x1,920) ,Sweep Panorama:Wide(12,416x1,856/5,536x2,160),Standard(8,192x1,856/3,872x2,160)
- Recorded Pixels IS Movie 16:9mode:17M(5,472x3,080) / 7.5M(3,648x2,056) / 4.2M(2,720x1,528)
Size and Weight
- Weight Approx. 299g (10.5oz.)(Battery and Memory Stick Duo are included) / Approx. 272g (9.6oz.)(Body Only)
- Released 2018
Model: VCT55LH$129.00 AUD
Model: ACCTRDCX$79.00 AUD
RECOMMENDED SCREEN PROTECTOR
Model: PCKLG1$49.00 AUD
Model: AGR2$19.00 AUD
Model: VCTSGR1$149.00 AUD
Model: NPBX1$69.00 AUD
Model: CPTR1$69.00 AUD
Model: LCJRXF$99.00 AUD
Model: VCTP300$499.00 AUD
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs