Request a price match
An identical model
The product must be a matching brand, model number and colour to be eligible.
Available to purchase
We may match selected local retailers (including their online prices) once verified and item must in stock or pre-order online or in store.
Not shown on our exclusions list
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, competitor’s service prices, special or hourly sales, bonus buy offers.
See our full list of exclusions
A local retailer
The retailer must have a local business number (ABN/ACN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Find a Qualifying Product
While online, find a qualifying product from a local retailer's website that would like to request a price match from. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Fill out the form to request a Price Match
On selected pages, fill out the form and submit your request. Note, some models are excluded.
Please be prepared to direct our support staff to the ad or website that is displaying the current lower price you would like to match.
Should your price match request be successful, we will contact you and update your shopping cart. Make sure to create/sign into your account and add the product to cart to make this quicker.
Find a Qualifying Product
Find a qualifying product that you want Sony to price match from a local retailer. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Price Match In Store
Take your catalogue, flyer, or printed email into one of our Sony Stores to request a price match.
Take the party with you
Compact, lightweight, and easy to carry—wherever you're heading, make the SRS-XB23 the first thing you pack.
- Compact, lightweight and highly portable
- Delivers high quality sound with X-Balanced Speaker Unit
- Waterproof and dustproof, IP67 rated
Enjoy powerful sound anywhere
Enjoy deep, punchy sound wherever you like with your EXTRA BASS speaker. Dual passive radiators work together with full-range speakers to enhance low-end tones, giving bass a boost.
Handy, super-portable design
Compact and lightweight, the SRS-XB23 fits perfectly in the cupholder of your camping chair - great for chilling out at open-air festivals. And the convenient strap lets you hang your speaker in your tent or on the nearest tree - wherever you want to share your favourite beats.
X-Balanced Speaker Unit enhances sound quality and power
Developed by Sony, the X-Balanced Speaker Unit achieves high sound quality and powerful sound pressure for a richer, deeper, more rewarding listening experience.
How the X-Balanced Speaker Unit works
Unlike the circular diaphragm in a conventional speaker unit, the newly developed X-Balanced Speaker Unit in the XB23 features a non-circular diaphragm. This not only maximises the area of speaker diaphragm, increasing sound pressure for more punchy bass - it also reduces driver excursion while maintaining the same sound pressure, resulting in less distortion. Meanwhile, the unit's off-centre design and optimised weight balance help to enhance clarity and widen the sound stage.
Mica Reinforced Cellular speaker cone and dust cap
The rigid and lightweight Mica Reinforced Cellular (MRC) speaker cone and dust cap contribute to the sound quality.
Side passive radiators
The layout of the side passive radiators has been optimised to reproduce clear bass sound.
Thanks to the IP67 rating, you can take your speaker to the beach, the forest, the desert, or wherever you like - the SRS-XB23 will keep on playing, no matter how dusty the surface.
Washable and waterproof
With an IP67 rating, your speaker is waterproof and salt water resistant - so you've no worries using it by the sea or the pool - and there's no problem washing it either.
Built to last
The SRS-XB23 has undergone extensive shock testing to make sure it can withstand the inevitable knocks, bumps and scrapes that come with everyday use.
Long battery life
Up to 12 hours of battery life means the SRS-XB23 can party even longer than you can. Even in EXTRA BASS mode, you can party for up to 10 hours.
Get things booming with Party Connect
Enjoy the same song, multiplied, with Party Connect. Connect up to 100 compatible wireless speakers with BLUETOOTH technology and the music syncs up so everyone dances to the same beat.
Control the party with the Sony | Music Center app
Control the party from the dancefloor, with the Sony | Music Center app - select your favourite playlists, cue the next song, or change sound modes.
Stand it up or on its side
Whether you place it horizontally or vertically the SRS-XB23 sits securely so you can always find space for it, wherever you're partying. When placing it horizontally, you can switch from monoaural audio playback to stereo audio playback using the Sony | Music Center app.
Stream music with BLUETOOTH technology
Simply connect your smartphone to the XB23 via Bluetooth to start streaming all your favourite music.
USB Type-C port
Use a USB Type-C cable to charge the SRS-XB23.
Where will you take yours?Whether you're camping with friends or relaxing in the park, the compact and lightweight SRS-XB23 fits into your plans as easily as it fits into your bag.
Compact sizeThe SRS-XB23 fits perfectly in the cupholder of your camping chair—great for chilling out at open-air festivals.
Built to lastThe SRS-XB23 has undergone extensive shock testing to make sure it can withstand the inevitable knocks, bumps and scrapes that come with everyday use.
Mica Reinforced Cellular speaker cone and dust capThe rigid and lightweight Mica Reinforced Cellular (MRC) speaker cone and dust cap contributes to the sound quality.
- Speaker Type Full Range
- Communication System Version 5.0
- Compatible Profiles A2DP/AVRCP/HSP/HFP/SPP
- Hands-Free Function Yes
- Input and Output Terminals USB-Type-C <sup>TM</sup>
- Frequency Range 2.4GHz band
- Power Supply Internal rechargeable battery
- Battery Life Approx. 12h
- Sound Modes Clear Audio+,DSEE,EXTRA BASS <sup>TM</sup> ,STAMINA MODE
- Supported Codecs SBC,AAC,LDAC
- Frequency Transmission Range 20 Hz - 20,000 Hz (44.1 kHz sampling)
Size and Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D) Approx. 76 mm dia. x 218 mm (H)
- Weight Approx. 580 g
- Released 2020
2. EXTRA BASS™ is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
3. The unit, with the cap fastened securely, has a waterproof specification of IPX7*1 as specified in “Degree of protection against water immersion” of the IEC60529 “Ingress Protection Rating (IP Code)”, and a dust proof specification of IP6X*2 as specified in “Degrees of protection against solid foreign objects”.*1 IPX7 equivalency: The speaker has been tested to and maintains its operability when gently submersed in water to a depth of 1 m and left for 30 minutes.*2 IP6X equivalency: The speaker has been tested to and continues to block dust after stirring for 8 hours in a testing device which contains dust particles that are up to 75 μm in diameter.
4. If the surface of the system gets dirty, do not use detergent, thinner, benzine, alcohol, etc. to clean and do not brush the system. Whether you can completely wash it off or not, depends on the dirt or stain.
5. This does not guarantee no damage, no breakdown, or waterproof and dust proof performance in all conditions. Deformation or damage from dropping the system or subjecting it to mechanical shock may cause deterioration of the waterproof and dust proof performance.
6. When in STAMINA mode, and the volume is set to approximately half the maximum level. The sound mode and lighting settings require changing from the factory defaults. Refer to the Operating Instructions and the Help Guide for how to change the settings. Actual performance may vary from the listed time due to the volume, songs played, surrounding temperature, and usage conditions.
7. When in EXTRA BASS sound mode (factory defaults), and the volume is set to approximately half the maximum level. Actual performance may vary from the listed time due to the volume, songs played, surrounding temperature, and usage conditions.
8. Only compatible between SRS-XB43, SRS-XB33, SRS-XB23. Products compatible with the Wireless Party Chain function are not applicable for connection.
9. When watching movies using the Party Connect function, there may be a gap between video and audio.
10. For Apple iOS devices, the system is compatible with iOS 10.0 or later. A BLUETOOTH connection is not available on the devices with iOS 9.x or earlier.
11. Actual colour and dimension may differ from the screen image.
12. Colours & features of the product shown may differ by model and country.
13. Services availability depends on region. A part or whole of software/services installed into or accessible through the product may be changed, discontinued, removed, suspended, or terminated without notice.
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- SRS-XB23/CC AU