Walkman with High-Resolution Audio
- Available with 16GB/32B/64GB on-board storage
- High-Resolution Audio compatible
- Digital Noise Cancelling and ambient sound model
USB DAC function makes music played from your computer sound even better
Use your NW-A40 Series as a USB DAC (Digital-Analogue Converter) by pairing it with a PC or Mac computer . When connected and activated using the supplied USB cable, the NW-A40 Series replaces your computer's regular sound processing with its own, highly-tuned, hardware processing. Now, whether you're at your home or office, in a coffee shop or commuting, you can always enjoy premium sound quality.
Effortless control with the large touch screen
With the large, full-colour touch screen, you're in complete control. Change tracks, create playlists and more, just by tapping the handy on-screen buttons.
Listen for longer with up to 45 hours' battery life
Perfect for commuting or when you want to enjoy your music all day, when fully charged you can enjoy up to 45 hours of music playback.
Expand your memory with the SD card slot
Want to store even more music on your Walkman? Pop in an SD card (not supplied) for additional memory.
NFC One-touch for instant connectivity
Near Field Communication (NFC) and BLUETOOTH technology make connecting to your music fast and easy. Just touch your NFC-enabled device to your NW-A40 Series for a quick, seamless connection, then start streaming.
Handy buttons for quick control
The play/pause, music-selection and volume buttons on the side panel are shaped and positioned for easy operation.
LDAC: for the transmission of High-Resolution Audio content
Enjoy your music at greater than CD quality with LDAC wireless audio transmission. LDAC uses a conventional BLUETOOTH connection, but transfers at a maximum data transfer rate up to 990kbps - approximately three times that of other audio profiles. The result is enhanced wireless listening that's much closer to the artist's intention.
Digital noise cancelling for fewer distractions
When used with compatible IER-NW500N headphones, the NW-A40 Series' digital noise cancelling reduces the ambient noise you would normally hear from your surroundings. Microphones built in to the headphones work with the digital noise cancelling engine to cut out unwanted sound.
Ambient sound mode keeps you aware
Listening to music but still want to hear the outside world? When you're using the compatible IER-NW500N headphones, select Ambient sound mode and the NW-A40 Series will let in external sounds to keep you aware of your surroundings.
Plays and decodes MQA music files
The NW-A40 Series is fully compatible with MQA files, so you can play even more lossless-quality music.
- Digital Noise Cancelling Digital Noise Canceling Select NC Environment: Full-auto AINC, Bus / Train, Airplane, Office
Playback and display
- Waterproof -
- Charging Time (Quick Charge) -
- Charging Time (full charge) Approx. 4 hrs
- Battery Life - Continuous Playback Music MP3 (128kbps) / Noise Cancel ON: Approx. 37 hrsMP3 (128kbps) / Noise Cancel OFF: Approx. 45 hrsFLAC (96kHz / 24bit) / Noise Cancel ON: Approx. 32 hrsFLAC (96kHz / 24bit) / Noise Cancel OFF: Approx. 39 hrsFLAC (192kHz / 24bit) / Noise Cancel ON: Approx. 27 hrsFLAC (192kHz / 24bit) / Noise Cancel OFF: Approx. 30 hrsDSD (2.8224MHz / 1bit) / Noise Cancel ON: Approx. 22 hrsDSD (2.8224MHz / 1bit) / Noise Cancel OFF: Approx. 25 hrs
- Touchscreen TFT colour display with white LED-backlight Capacitive touch screen
- System Requirements Windows 10 Windows 8.1 Windows 7 macOSv10.8-10.12
Size and Weight
- Width (cm) 4.50
- Height (cm) 16.00
- Weight (kg) 0.22
- Carton Width (cm) 16.00
- Carton Height (cm) 10.00
- Carton Weight (kg) 1.22
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- NW-A45/BM E