Vlog camera ZV-1 (White)
Request a price match
An identical model
The product must be a matching brand, model number and colour to be eligible.
Available to purchase
We may match selected local retailers (including their online prices) once verified and item must in stock or pre-order online or in store.
Not shown on our exclusions list
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, competitor’s service prices, special or hourly sales, bonus buy offers.
See our full list of exclusions
A local retailer
The retailer must have a local business number (ABN/ACN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Find a Qualifying Product
While online, find a qualifying product from a local retailer's website that would like to request a price match from. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Fill out the form to request a Price Match
On selected pages, fill out the form and submit your request. Note, some models are excluded.
Please be prepared to direct our support staff to the ad or website that is displaying the current lower price you would like to match.
Should your price match request be successful, we will contact you and update your shopping cart. Make sure to create/sign into your account and add the product to cart to make this quicker.
Find a Qualifying Product
Find a qualifying product that you want Sony to price match from a local retailer. Make sure the product is identical to our product (model number and colour). The price must be current on the day of request and available to purchase at that price. The retailer must have a local business number (ABN or NZBN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Price Match In Store
Take your catalogue, flyer, or printed email into one of our Sony Stores to request a price match.
You May Also Like
Imaging Edge Webcam lets you connect your Sony camera to your personal computer, and use the camera as a webcam with a livestreaming/web conferencing service.
Designed for creators to love
Make your subject pop instantly with a dedicated Bokeh Button, or shift seamlessly between your face and an object with the Product Showcase setting.
Order before 30/06/2021 and get $50 Cashback. A Sony experience team member will contact eligible customers to outline next steps for cashback payment.
View terms & conditions
Get a bonus Premium Sony Gift Box with selected products. While stocks last.
- Designed for content creation: vari-angle LCD screen, body grip and recording lamp
- Directional 3-capsule mic with wind screen
- Large 1.0-type Exmor RSTM CMOS image sensor and ZEISS 24-70mm lens
Compatible with all-in-one Bluetooth grips
The ZV-1 is compatible with our range of shooting grips, including the GP-VPT2BT with Bluetooth wireless technology, for easy remote control of recording, zoom and even assignable custom controls, without cables. The ideal accessory for vlogging, our grips offer stable and flexible shooting, and also expand into a mini tripod for compact, handsfree capture anywhere.
Beautiful and natural skin tones for everyone
Sony's enhanced colour science ensures lively, natural imagery and is especially strong across the diverse range of skin tones. It is available for both movie and still image capture, and is supported with a Soft Skin option to smooth blemishes.
High image quality and easy advanced effects
Despite its pocket-friendly design, the ZV-1 is equipped with a large 1.0-type Exmor RS<sup>TM</sup> CMOS sensor, for high quality images even in dim or challenging lighting conditions. In addition, the large sensor delivers professional-looking images, with a blurred background bokeh, along with high-speed data readout for stunning 4K and super slow motion video capture.
Leave the focusing work to the camera with Real-time Tracking
Just turn your face to the camera, and the camera will recognise colour, patterns (brightness), subject distance (depth) and face/eye information and automatically snap into precise focus tracking. In addition, when the camera recognises eyes, faces, or subjects, a frame is displayed on each target so you can make sure that the subject is in focus and shoot without worrying.
Quickly shift focus between subjects
The high-performance focal plane phase-detection AF sensor enables high-speed and high-precision focusing with Fast Hybrid AF. The sensor uses 315 phase-detection focusing points across a full 65% of the screen area to quickly switch between subjects without hunting. When taking a selfie, the camera can switch focus with just a touch from your face to the background and back again, so sharp and accurate focus comes easy.
Beautiful defocused background bokeh, with ease
Capture expressive selfies with the professional look of a soft-focus background. The unique Bokeh Switch (C1 button) bypasses all the complexity of exposure balancing and depth-of-field control, and replaces it with a single button. Simply press to switch between having everything in focus, or blurring the background to expertly feature your subject.
Built to vlogThe ZV-1 design makes creating outstanding selfie and vlog content easy. Right down to the last detail, the ZV-1 is all about empowering you to make inspirational content.
Designed for even better audioYou can capture clear vocals even when shooting in a crowd. The camera’s unique directional 3-capsule mic gathers clear sound from in front of the camera, ideal for movie shooting.
Wind screen for outdoor shootingThe supplied wind screen reduces wind noise for worry-free outdoor shooting. As well as achieving premium sound quality, that also means you’ll spend less time re-shooting and editing footage affected by wind noise.
Use your favourite mic for the sound you wantWith a microphone jack and MI shoe, you can pick from your choice of mics, to get exactly the sound you want.
- Number of Pixels (Effective) Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Type 1.0-type (13.2mm x 8.8mm) Exmor RS CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- Adjustable Angle Opening Angle:approx. 176 deg., Rotation Angle:approx. 270 deg.
- Display Selector (Finder/Lcd) -
- MS Assist Magnification 5.3x, 10.7x
- Clear Image Zoom 20M Approx. 5.8x / 10M Approx. 8.2x / 5.0M Approx. 11x / VGA Approx. 44x
- Clear Image Zoom Movie Movie 4K: 4.35x,HD: Approx. 5.8x
- Digital Zoom (Movie) Digital Zoom Approx.11
- Digital Zoom (Still Image) 20M Approx.11x / 10M Approx.16x / 5.0M Approx.23x / VGA Approx.44x
- F-number (Maximum Aperture) F1.8 (W) - 2.8 (T)
- Focal length f=9.4-25.7mm
- Focus Range (From the Front to the Lens) AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.17 ft.) to Infinity, T: Approx. 30cm (0.99 ft.) to Infinity)
- Lens type ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens, 10 elements in 9 groups (9 aspheric elements including AA lens)
- ND-filter Auto / On (3 steps) / Off
- Aperture iAuto (F1.8/F11(W)) / Program Auto (F1.8/F11(W)) / Manual (F1.8/F11(W)) / Shutter Priority (F1.8/F11(W)) / Aperture Priority (F1.8/F11(W))
- Bracketing -
- Continuous Shooting Speed (Maximum) (Maximum Number of Recording Pixels) Continuous Shooting Hi: approx. 24 fps, Continuous Shooting Mid: approx. 10 fps, Continuous Shooting Low: approx. 3.0 fps
- Creative Style Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Night Scene, Black & White, Sepia
- Focus Type Single, Continuous shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer(cont.), Cont.-bracketing, Single-bracketing, White balance bracketing, DRO bracketing
- Dynamic Range Functions Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1.0-6.0EV, 1.0EV step))
- Electronic Shutter iAuto (4\ - 1/32000) / Program Auto (30\ - 1/32000) / Manual (30\ - 1/32000) / Aperture Priority (30\ - 1/32000) / Shutter Priority (30\ - 1/32000)
- Exposure Compensation +/- 3.0EV, 1/3EV step
- Flash Mode Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Rear Sync / Flash Off
- Focus Area Wide (315 points (phase-detection AF), 425 points (contrast-detection AF)), Zone, Center, Flexible Spot (S/M/L), Expanded Flexible Spot, Tracking (Wide/Zone/Center/Flexible Spot(S/M/L)/Expanded Flexible Spot)
- Focus Mode Single-shot AF, Automatic AF, Continuous AF, DMF, Manual Focus
- Focus Type Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF / contrast-detection AF)
- Image Control Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Creative Style, Color Space (sRGB / Adobe RGB), Quality (RAW / RAW & JPEG (Extra fine, Fine, Standard) / JPEG (Extra fine, Fine, Standard)
- Image Processor Yes (BIONZ X)
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie) Auto:(ISO125 Level-ISO12800 Level, selectable with upper / lower limit), 125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image) Auto (ISO100-12800, selectable with upper / lower limit), 100/125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 (Extendable to ISO64/80), Multi-Frame NR: Auto (ISO100-12800), 100/ 200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/25600
- Light Metering Mode Multi Pattern, Center Weighted, Spot, Entire Screen Avg, Highlight
- Noise Reduction Long exposure NR: On/Off, available of shutter speeds longer than 1/3 sec., high ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off, Multi Frame NR: Auto, ISO100-25600
- Number of Recognised Scenes Still Image: iAuto: 33, Movie: off/PP1-PP10 (Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3, HLG, HLG1, HLG2, HLG3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset)
- Panorama (Shooting) Sweep Panorama
- Picture Effect [Still Image]: Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration, [Movie]: Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono.
- Picture Profile off/PP1-PP10 (Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3, HLG, HLG1, HLG2, HLG3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset)
- Self-Timer 10sec. / 5sec. / 2sec. / 3 or 5 consecutive shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable / Bracketing shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable
- Shooting Mode AUTO (Intelligent Auto), Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, MR (Memory Recall) [body 3 sets / memory card 4 sets], Movie Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), Movie AUTO (Intelligent Auto), HFR Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), Panorama, Scene Selection
- Shutter Speed iAuto (4\ - 1/2000) / Program Auto (30\ - 1/2000) / Manual (Bulb, 30\ - 1/2000) / Aperture Priority (30\ - 1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30\ - 1/2000)
- Steadyshot Optical
- WB Micro Adjustment Yes (G7 to M7,57-step) (A7 to B7,29-step)
- White Balance Modes Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluor.: Warm White, Fluor.: Cool White, Fluor.: Day White, Fluor.: Daylight, Flash, Underwater Auto, C.Temp./Filter, Custom
- AF Illuminator -
- Flash Type -
- Bluetooth Yes (Bluetooth Standard Ver. 4.1 (2.4GHz band))
- Input and Output Terminals Multi/Micro USB Terminal*15, Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI, Microphone jack (3.5mm Stereo mini jack), Multi Interface Shoe
- Interface -
- NFC -
- WI-FI Yes (IEEE802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz band))
- 4K Image Output Yes
- Operating Temperature 0 degrees C. - +40 degrees C. / 32 degrees F. - 104 degrees F.
- Playback Functions BRAVIA Sync (Control for HDMI), 9/25-frame index view, Auto Orientation, Slide Show, Forward/Rewind (Movie), Delete, Protect, Motion Shot Video, Beatuty Effect, Photo Capture, Rating, Automatic Image Rotation
- PlayMemories Camera Apps -
- Shooting Functions Product Showcase Set, Background Defocus, Face Detection, Face Registration, Still Image Recording (during movie recording), Smile shutter, Grid Line, Digital Level Gauge (pitch and roll), WB Bracket, DRO Bracketing, MF Assist, Peaking (Display:Off/On) (Level: High/Mid/Low) (Color: Red/Yellow/Blue/White), Zebra, Marker Display, Audio Rec Level, Audio Level Display, Step Zoom/Quick Zoom, Self-portrait timer, TC/UB, PC Remote Control, Gamma Disp. Assist, [Mov] AF Tracking Sensitivity, [Mov] AF Drive Speed, Set File Name, Touch Shutter/Touch Focus/Touch Tracking, My Menu, Soft Skin Effect
- Triluminos Color Color Yes
- Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images) Monitor: Approx. 260 / Approx. 130min., Monitor (When Auto Monitor off is set to 2sec): Approx. 410 / Approx. 205min.
- Battery Life Movies (actual shooting) Monitor: Approx. 45min.
- Battery Life Movies (continuous shooting) Monitor: Approx. 75min.
- Battery System Rechargeable battery pack NP-BX1
- Power source DC3.6V (supplied battery)
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- Print Exif Print,PRINT Image Matching (PIM3)
- Recording Format sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Compatible Recording Media [XAVC S (100Mbps)] SDXC/SDHC Memory Card (UHS-I U3 or higher); [XAVC S (60Mbps/50Mbps)] SDXC/SDHC Memory Card (Class 10 or higher); [AVCHD/Still image] Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick Micro, Memory Stick Micro(Mark2), SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Card (Class 4 or higher), micro SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Card (Class 4 or higher)
- DCF DPOF DCF/DPOF/EXIF/MPF
- Input and Output Terminals Recording: NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode \nXAVC S HD: 50p 50M (1,920x1,080/250fps), 50p 50M (1,920x1,080/500fps), 50p 50M (1,920x1,080/1000fps) / 25p 50M (1,920x1,080/250fps), 25p 50M (1,920x1,080/500fps), 25p 50M (1,920x1,080/1000fps), NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] mode \nXAVC S HD: 60p 50M (1,920x1,080/240fps), 60p 50M (1,920x1,080/480fps), 60p 50M (1,920x1,080/960fps) / 30p 50M (1,920x1,080/240fps), 30p 50M (1,920x1,080/480fps), 30p 50M (1,920x1,080/960fps) / 24p 50M (1,920x1,080/240fps), 24p 50M (1,920x1,080/480fps), 24p 50M (1,920x1,080/960fps)\nSensor Readout\nNumber of effective pixels: Quality Priority: 240fps/250fps (1,824x1,026), 480fps/500fps (1,824x616), 960fps/1000fps (1,244x420)/ Shoot Time Priority: 240fps/250fps (1,824x616), 480fps/500fps (1,292x436), 960fps/1000fps (912x308)
- Movie Recording Mode (NTSC) NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] AVCHD: 24M FX (1,920x1,080/60i) / 17M FH(1,920x1,080/60i), XAVC S 4K: 30p 100M (3,840x2,160/30p) / 30p 60M (3,840x2,160/30p) / 24p 100M (3,840x2,160/24p) / 24p 60M (3,840x2,160/24p), XAV C S HD:60p 50M (1,920x1,080/60p) / 60p 25M (1,920x1,080/60p) / 30p 50M (1,920x1,080/30p) / 30p 16M (1,920x1,080/30p) / 24p 50M (1,920x1,080/24p) / 120p 100M (1,920x1,080/120p) / 120p 60M (1,920x1,080/120p)
- Movie Recording Mode (PAL) NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode AVCHD: 24M FX (1,920x1,080/50i) / 17M FH (1,920x1,080/50i), XAVC S 4K: 25p 100M (3,840x2,160/25p) / 25p 60M (3,840x2,160/25p), XAVC S HD: 50p 50M (1,920x1,080/50p) / 50p 25M (1,920x1,080/50p) / 25p 50M (1,920x1,080/25p) / 25p 16M (1,920x1,080/25p) / 100p 100M (1,920x1,080/100p) / 100p 60M (1,920x1,080/100p)
- Recording Proxy Yes (1280 x 720 (Approx. 9Mbps))
- Recording Format [Still Image]: JPEG (DCF Ver.2.0, Exif Ver.2.31, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format), [Movie]: XAVC S, AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible
- Recording Format XAVC S: LPCM 2ch, AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch (Dolby Digital Stereo Creator)
- Number of Recording Pixels (Image Size) 3:2 mode: 20M (5,472x3,648) / 10M (3,888x2,592) / 5M (2,736x1,824), 4:3 mode: 18M (4,864x3,648) / 10M (3,648x2,736) / 5M (2,592x1,944) / VGA, 16:9 mode: 17M (5,472x3,080) / 7.5M (3,648x2,056) / 4.2M (2,720x1,528), 1:1 mode: 13M (3,648x3,648) / 6.5M (2,544x2,544) / 3.7M (1,920x1,920), Sweep Panorama: Wide (12,416x1,856/5,536x2,160), Standard (8,192x1,856/3,872x2,160)
- Recorded Pixels IS Movie 16:9 mode: 17M (5,472x3,080) / 7.5M (3,648x2,056) / 4.2M (2,720x1,528)
Size and Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 105.5 x 60.0 x 43.5 mm (4 1/4in. x 2 3/8 in. x 1 3/4 in.)
- Weight Approx. 294g (10.4oz.)(Battery and Memory Card are included) / Approx. 267g (9.5oz.)(Body Only)
*Pictured with optional GP-VPT2BT Shooting Grip
1. AI (artificial intelligence) including machine learning technology is used.
2. The Product Showcase Setting switches Face Priority OFF / SteadyShot™ OFF with one push.
3. Sound cannot be recorded in Super Slow Motion mode. A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC memory card is required.
4. Wi-Fi does not work during interval shooting.
5. Angle of view (35mm format equivalent).
6. Please use the latest version.
7. Availability of video transfer and playback varies depending on smartphone in use.
8. The frame area of the picture becomes narrower than the original image. The movie footage can be rendered to up to Full HD quality.
9. In-camera movie playback is in the horizontal position. Whether or not movies are displayed in the vertical position depends on your device.
10. Imaging Edge Mobile application is required.
11. 4K (QFHD：3840×2160).
12. Connect this product to an HDR (HLG) compatible Sony TV via a USB cable to display HDR (HLG) movies.
13. Does not support full functional compatibility with some camera models. See the Sony support site for details: https://www.sony.net/disoft/help
14. Please contact Phase One regarding all inquiries as to usage and support including functional compatibility of Capture One Express (for Sony) and Capture One Pro (for Sony).
15. Achieved by using overlay burst shooting.
16. REI = Recommended Exposure Index
This product is searchable
Search for this product by using any of the following codes or IDs
- ZV-1/WC E32